Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT suspension set-up are you running? And how would you rate it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea, its those agx's man. they kill front end drop. i really like the rear, but the front is so ***.

did you take out your bumpstops? or at least cute them as small as you can. it does make a difference. you should be lower than me with those nuespeed race.

im saving up for the cup kit.
    Last edited by d112crzy; 11-16-2006, 01:59 AM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Neuspeed Race & Tokico Blues...8.5/10

Will be switching to either Omin Coilovers or Neuspeed Super Cup Kit to have a 10/10 factor...
      RETIRED...

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
        yea, its those agx's man. they kill front end drop. i really like the rear, but the front is so ***.

did you take out your bumpstops? or at least cute them as small as you can. it does make a difference. you should be lower than me with those nuespeed race.

im saving up for the cup kit.
        Don't know too much about taking out the bumpstops (still pretty much a newb), still that's something to look into. I might just go with some Koni's due to the adjustable perches(sp?).
        3 CB's gone....
        1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185
          is anyone running the tokico illumina coilover kit??
          Through the heat, rain, hail, snow, racing, not racing, I'm dropped all the way down, Only have the three threads left in the rear and 6 threads up front, springs have settled and I have been riding on them for the past two years I haven't noticed a difference at all, Still as smooth as the day I installed them. When I say smooth I am pretty much slammed lower then most of the cars on this board except the guys who are bagging and the ride quality is better then it was when I had the stock shocks in!!!

tokico illumina coilovers with a 5 way adjustable damper rak 501 !!!
          try to get a shop to buy them they get like 250 off of the price, i only paid 500 plus tax, came out ot 535 or someshit!!!
          oh and tokicos tech support is very helpful!!
          Best Bang For Your Buck
          .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

Eibach Prokit sitting on stock Struts. Feels almost like stock but with more feel to the ground. I give it a 8/10. Since what i grip with is some donuts and no name rubber lol with no alignment for over 2 years
            either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

im running Tein H-techs with Tokico HP (Blue)...very good ride...I give it 10/10. Fits our CB's very well and is great for highway cruising (my favorite)

If u want to drive crazy on the twisties that can be done as well...just get some sway bars.
              DEVOTE

Comment

egay coilovers on stock struts

ride quality: i would rate it at a 5/10. once i get my KYB's it should ride a little bit better. right now every time i go over a bump i keep thinking my oil pan is going to gett scraped off.

future plans? KYBs with some Tien or some off-brand.

i have a 1 1/2 finger gap in the back for some odd reason tho

Comment

H&R Sport Springs
                  KYB GR-2 front shocks
                  OEM rear shocks
                  front upper strut bar
                  rear upper strut bar

rate: 7 or 8 out of 10

the ride is decent, but i plan on getting tein s-tech's and tokico illumina's with a progress rear sway bar. should bump it up to a 9 out of 10.

Comment

-Ground Control Coilovers
                    -KYB AGX shocks
                    -Progress front and rear bolt type camber kit (not balljoint type)

I'd rate this setup at a 8-9 outta 10 because it can be smooth and soft as i want it to be on the freeway and stiff as hell on the twisties and whatever in between. Only cost me $625 for used GC coilovers (barely used) and new KYB's. oh and then maybe 120 for labor to install them. No problems at all with this set up. And I can lower/raise them whenever I want, with an alignment afterward of course

member's ride thread
                    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                    91 Accord SE 176k
                    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

H&R Coilovers
                      Suspension Techniques F&R Sway Bars
                      Ingalls F&R Camber Kit

9/10. Very Compliant and responsive. Rotates nicely. Slight push to the limit, then a bit of oversteer, very controllable. Rides like a Caddy, handles like a go cart. On the expensive side, but worth it IMHO.

- Rob -
                      92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
                      85 Toyota 4Runner
                      1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
                      2008 HD 1200N
                      2009 HD 883N

Comment

H&R sports
                        Kyb AGX's
                        Megan racing rear strut bar
                        Megan racing lower tie bar
                        205/55/15 futura's

ride quality- 9/10
                        performance- 9/10
                        aestetics- 6.5/10

overall- 8.1/10

great comfort at lowest setting, predictable handling qualities. i feel as though it would be nicely complimented with better tires.(coming very soon) this setup is more than suitable for my power level (f22a1 with bolt-ons). with dampers turned to max level, car rides on rails. I'm in the process of getting a Neuspeed strut bar which outta help alot. i'd recommed this setup for anyway who doesnt want to teeter-totter on speedbumps but still be able to hang.

-sean
                        Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                        Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Funny that you rate the aesthetics so low... I miss that drop on my car! It's just so even and well spaced! My car looked great with it, and I think yours looks even better.

The Konis I have now DEFINITELY outperform the AGXs... I wasn't pleased with the performance of those all that much. The H&R Race springs I have now aren't that much different from the Sports, honestly. I would probably consider going back to Sport, as long as I keep the Konis.

Comment

17s make the gap look even when you have agx's.

my friend had the exact same setup I have, except he had 17's and I had 15's.

our rear gap was about the same, his a bit smaller. But the front was a big difference. Mine was higher in the front, while his looked just like his rear.

damn agx's.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Tanabe Sustec Pro type 1 full coilover set up Love it, not too aggressive of a drop and the ride is soft when you need it and hard as hell when you need it. Love it.

Keep an Eye on my Coupe. Click the Pic

Comment

ebay coilovers on stock struts lol .................................................. . -985.3 i hate them with a passion going to get omni power coilovers

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Working...
                                X