Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YES!! the F22B DOHC Head will fit on the F22AX Block..PERFECTLY!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does a F22B DOHC distributor need to be utilized with the head? Or will the H23 one work?

Comment

Originally posted by H23Power
      Does a F22B DOHC distributor need to be utilized with the head? Or will the H23 one work?
      You can utilize the H23 distributor on the F22B head. I will be posting pictures and information on this swap shortly. I'm almost done compiling the pictures and information. If I had more spare time, the "info packet" would be complete.

Comment

no way t3h fushigi is back.. nice sig :wink:

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
          no way t3h fushigi is back.. nice sig :wink:
          Yeah...I took a lil break from the internet scene...I'm glad I did..I appreciate it and everyone more now....

Comment

where'd ya go homeslice? hows the biznatch coming along?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

where'd ya go homeslice? hows the biznatch coming along?
              Me and the lil lady went on a well deserved vacation...it was nice just being able to relax....business is great...get ready to release some new CB7 parts for the brethren.....

Comment

fucking fox hunting i say..

ps. get on aim.. need to talk to u about something...

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

fucking fox hunting i say..

ps. get on aim.. need to talk to u about something...
                  I'll hit you back tonight on AIM..I'm late for a diner date with friends...

Comment

Here are a few highlights from the tutorial to come:

What was used in our hybrid:

F22B DOHC Head (DUH)
                    H23 Distributor (internal or external...it doesn't matter)
                    H23 Valve Cover (Our head did not come with the valve cover)
                    P14 ECU
                    F22A6 IM (I would reccomend the H23 IM, larger upper plenum benefits)
                    H23 Timing Belt ( I am told the 95 GSR Belt will work as well)
                    F22AX Head Gasket

Here are a few tech. specs. incase you were wondering:

# of Teeth on the F22AX Waterpump= 21 Teeth
                    # of Teeth on the F22AX Cam Gear= 39 Teeth @ 4.75" Diameter
                    # of Teeth on the F22B Cam Gears= 34 Teeth @ 4.0" Diameter

Unfortunately I forgot to write down the number of teeth on the F22AX timing belt and H23 Belt..if someone has those numbers..please let me know...Thanks!

The H23 Belt is slightly bigger, but it has posed no probelms as of yet. I am considering trying the B18C5 Belt......

Comment

so u didnt change the timing gear teeth at all?? isnt it different.. hmmm oh the confusion..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

so u didnt change the timing gear teeth at all?? isnt it different.. hmmm oh the confusion..
                        You mean the cam gears? Yes, I used the F22B DOHC OE Cam Gears...

Comment

no.. TIMING GEAR (CRANK).. u didnt replace it with p14 or pt2? (h23a or f22b) ??

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

no.. TIMING GEAR (CRANK).. u didnt replace it with p14 or pt2? (h23a or f22b) ??
                            Oh ok....my mis-understanding.....yes sir we did change the timing gear for the crank. As we had a difficult time finding F22B spare parts, we simply purchased a H23 crank gear. I would imagine the F22B crank gear has the same number of teeth as the H23....

Comment

ok.. so cyl 1 at TDC and the cam gears with the "UP" up.. wheres the flywheel at??? that would determine weither its off or not.. just curious.. how she running btw? wtf pics at mang! u owe me pics!

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

hey im lookin into purchasing an f22b for my 91 coupe and thought id research a lil bit before i jumped into... before i sit down and read the 14 pages and 200+ posts just on this topic i wanted to ask what all do i need to know bout this swap??? Im wanting to swap out my whole f22a1 engine(200k miles) so will the f22b swap directly into my mounts and will the hoses connect right up? will the ecu also need to be replaced to the preludes p14 or p39? any advice or info is greatly appreciated, thanks...

Comment

Working...
                                X