Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YES!! the F22B DOHC Head will fit on the F22AX Block..PERFECTLY!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^^is Correct^^^^^^^^

Comment

F22B DOHC head
      F22ax block
      H22 crank
      F22 rods
      F22 pistons

Displacement of around 2042.82 cc or 2.0L.

Rod ratio of 1.56

It would be a high & fast revving engine with less stress on the cylinder walls as opposed to the F22ax.

^^ I think I wrote that
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
        good luck they go like flies!
        Who took yours?? Were you not just selling it??

Can't wait til Thursday....

BTW: Damaged , damaged, damaged.....
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
          btw... its my opinoin that u dont have to block anything off when using the H23 head..

heres a picture of both h23 and f22 blocks

the differences are minimal.. im still researching for full proof.. i know its been done already.... with a different setup.. f22b2/h22a.. he had 2 plug 2 drain holes and that was it.. so well see what else i find

btw.. ud probably end up using a f23 headgasket to meet the bore's in the middle..

85mm of the f22a block and 87mm of the h23a head.. i believe if measured the head actual is like 86.5?? gotta look for that info again as well..
          so the f23 headgasket would work just fine..
          it seems to me that your very correct please pm with any info on this wsap i am planning on doing this very soon

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

here u go guys.. this is ALL that has to be done to get the h23a head to work.. u pansys better do this..

f22a1 block + h23a1 head
            Ok well i wish i had taken my camera with me last nite, but i helped my friends jay assemble his f22a1 block and put on the h23a1 head.

First off jay decided to rebuild the bottom end, all new bearings and seals, new piston rings with a fresh hone, and a nice new f23 head gasket.

we placed the head gasket(f23) on the h23 head to see if any of the coolant holes should be enlarged, and jay felt they would be fine, but i disagreed a little. in the end we didn't enlarge any of the coolant holes thru the gasket, for the sake of it i did on my project but jay decided agianst it. next we looked to see if all oil holes lines up and if we needed to honda bond anything. and what be discovered is we needed to put a bit on the top left of the head so that as the oil drained out it didn't go into the blind hole and then out. i know its hard to understand without having a picture so i tried the bes i could using ms paint. below is a picture of where the headgasket opening sits for the oil drain hole and where to put the honda bond. the green is over some of the "blind" oil drain ports, we just filled them until they where flat with the surface of the head, agian taking the extra time here is important, just inspect everything, i have taken the guess work out of this for you , but just double check.

thats the best i can do, if any of you attemp this you will immediatly see what im talking about when you put the head gasket on the h23 head. now to my surprise the oil drain holes all line up exactly, way better than they did for the h22 head. this turned out to make things pretty easy. i would have prefered to dremel out the collant holes a tiny bit on the head gasket but we will see how it turns out.

the head bolted on without any trouble, we put some honda bond around some of the other places we might think could cause a problem. also we did not need to remove any of the copper orings that hold the head gasket together. the f23 has 2 of these and they both sat in places that would not get pinched between the block and head. agian i suggest if you do this just double check this on your application, especially if your head or block has material taken off if it. with this combination of stock f22a1 bottom end and stock h23a1 head its going to yeild pretty near to a 9:1 cr

other things that i found very exciting where that the f22a1 side covers and h23a1 top head timing belt side cover all lined up and catched up perfectly. we went with the f22a1 side engine mount because the f22a1 has a different bolt pattern where the mount bolts to the engine, but the where the external part of the mount bolts to the chasis mount it has the smae bolt pattern as the h23 and h22 engine mount which was good news for us so, buying a strait hasport h series in an civic mount kit will work great.

for the timing belt we used the stock h23 timing belt , the h23 lower timing gear the F22 water pump which has 20 teeth and the same belt pattern as the h23. its a good thing that we used the 20 tooth water pump because it appears that the f22 might have a slightly shorter deck height or a different water pump orentation because even with the extra tooth of the water pump after we got the head on withthe cams our tentioner was close to maxed out. though we wern't that worred because we still had alittle left and im going to look in to it, but i think there are other honda water pumps that have the RU type belt spacing that have more than 20 teeth.

as far as the water pipe goes we used the f22a1 water pipe and it works perfectly with the h23a1 head, everything lines up just right without any moddifications. i was ammazed at how well all the covers lined up and how well the water pipe worked, it makes me wish i had used a f22a1 block instead of a f22b2, but no matter. there are only slight differences in the covers and some small things with the block. my next project will probably be a freshly build f22a1 with forged internals and h22 or maybe h23 head. we were both very happy with the way everything went together, the only thing was just making sure that you have hondabond sealing that top corner, and that the copper orings that join the head gasket layers togther didn't get pinched between the head.

enjoy.... hondabond is cheap.. so dont slack off.. lol.. i doubt it would be a problem if u didnt fill it.. it may just cause some leaking down the road..from the head.. which is a no-no.. so just fill it with hondabond and get it overwith.. enjoy...
            if any of u need any more IN-depth.. help u can find me on AIM.. WIKKEDV15
            Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 01-19-2005, 02:53 PM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

btw.. u should still consider this a motor swap.. so u WILL have to extend sensors and shit.. dont play yaself.. wasnt gonna be that easy of a swap..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

why thank you now i have the balls to go out and rip the head off of the car,(again)

The Chronicles.

Comment

hit me up on AIM already.. jeebuz! WIKKEDV15

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

i dont have aim

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4
                      i dont have aim
                      WiKKeDV16, dude start a new thread on this.

Comment

what is the highest compression you would recomend running on this motor, furthermore where can i get some cams for this motor and i dont know too much about delta regrinds but my buddy had webcams regrind and his exhaust cam snapped in half
                        Last edited by J-specCb4; 01-19-2005, 11:17 PM. Reason: oops

The Chronicles.

Comment

You can go as high as you want. It all depends upon what the engine is being built for.

Comment

i just want a responsive good bottom end street driven fast car

The Chronicles.

Comment

So I take it your going for a NA build

Comment

mos def i like the idea of boost but it just doesnt fit my application that im shootin for

The Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X