No announcement yet.

new swap time, it's about to get real big up in here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a dope build bro. This is going to be earth shattering.
    If it took me damn near 6 years just to make the motor run, you can do this. Please demolish my time... oh and place me in the Guinness Book of CB7 records as the longest CB7 build down.

Keep it up!

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      Just curious... if you're doing this because you couldn't have an actual R32, why did you choose this Accord project over an S13 coupe?
      Accords are way cooler than S13s.

Comment

Originally posted by Frijoles View Post
        Accords are way cooler than S13s.
        I wanted to upvote this. Too much time on Reddit.

We need an upvote button.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
          Just curious... if you're doing this because you couldn't have an actual R32, why did you choose this Accord project over an S13 coupe?
          It's a project? The time spent working on it will be greater than the end product.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Sorry I didn't distinguish... it's one thing to create something unique, and I have huge respect for that kind of mindset; but if the goal was (maybe I misunderstood almostJDM's comment and it isn't) to create a 'next-best-thing' to an R32, the S13 coupe looks extremely similar, an RB swap is relatively a bolt-on, and the car is already an FR. If his idea was indeed the latter, I was simply curious as to why. I mean absolutely no discouragement towards the project, since I've always been very excited to see it through. The thing I dislike most about this forum is that "unique" ideas are so often overwhelmingly shot down in favor of doing something that's already been tested and 'easier' before the person even has a chance to try it out for themselves.
            Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-30-2014, 08:58 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

That's more on other forums than on here. Some ideas people root for while others are just dangerous and deserve to get shot down. If this was on youtube or some site like that, it would get sooooooo much hate and I don't use that term often. Usually on here, I just see overlowering and wild engine swaps get shot down (Js & Ks) and that's great for the former, but there is not one member on this board that is active with a different series motor than an F or H. And it's usually something along the lines of: "it's too expensive, why don't you just swap the H in, they make similar power anyway"

I think his mindset is more so, "Finish what I started." He probably could've finished already if all he wanted was a swapped S13.
              Last edited by sonikaccord; 10-30-2014, 09:31 PM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

"it's too expensive, why don't you just swap the H in, they make similar power anyway"

That's what I see too much of on here. Very annoying. Sure those swaps are expensive and have similar power, but they're still very different in how they deliver that power - not to mention the K has a serious weight advantage. Even the H23VTEC is shot down - "0.1L doesn't do anything". It's just poor attitude.

Sorry to go off topic...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Ok, to answer your question CyborgGT it is because I wanted to make something no one else has done, if I just wanted to get as close to a skyline, I would have just went and bought an S13-14 like you said, or even now that I can get a skyline be it an 89 I would have just gone and done that, but I love the CB chassis and the way it looks, and JDM_Inspired, YOUR ON HAHA, also I totally agree with you cyborg any time something like this comes up their is an outcry of just buy an H or F and throw that in, its not worth it blah blah blah as sonikaccord mentioned, the thing that is taking me forever is actually myself, I go down to where my car is, which is 90 minutes away with full intention on working on it, but because of my shop mate i end up having to clean for 4-5 hrs because of his messes then im burned out but now that we actually have shelves in there now I don't have to clean anymore so the work shall continue anyways also once I finish the welding/fabrication it will more at a more steady pace since its 90% bolt in 10% fab instead of 95% fab

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                  1992 Accord EX Coupe
                  My FS Thread
                  Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

there is a certain appeal to modifying YOUR car, rather than just buying a different one to replace it.

Comment

If Honda tuning was still in business, this would be in it. Do you plan on building the motor or anything for more hp?
                      93 4dr ex 5 speed
                      97 Integra DB7

Comment

holy cow did the forums roll back? I swear I replied recently, but i do plan on building it once I get it running smoothly.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                        1992 Accord EX Coupe
                        My FS Thread
                        Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

This is my next step for mine. Since you've taken the initiative, it's given me the drive.

Give me two years or so, my own garage, and I'm there. Keep going. I'm rooting for you.
                          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I recommend checking out this video series. I think it's awesome and it goes over many different aspects of fabrication involved in building a car to handle a rear drive train where one did not exist previously.

https://www.youtube.com/user/badobsessionmsport
                            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                              holy cow did the forums roll back? I swear I replied recently, but i do plan on building it once I get it running smoothly.
                              Nope. You're just slacking. Slacker.

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                              I recommend checking out this video series. I think it's awesome and it goes over many different aspects of fabrication involved in building a car to handle a rear drive train where one did not exist previously.

https://www.youtube.com/user/badobsessionmsport
                              I'll have to give that a watch tomorrow. I always figured a FWD car isn't built to withstand the twisting motion of a RWD setup, so it would very likely warp the hell out of the unibody...e specially after gutting it like a fish to install a driveshaft tunnel!

I read a long and somewhat-detailed post years ago from a guy that converted a 90s Grand Prix to RWD. A large portion of his writeup was regarding chassis alterations. If I remember correctly, he damn near caged the entire rear.

Comment

Any progress!?

my new turbo build

Comment

Working...
                                X