No announcement yet.

new swap time, it's about to get real big up in here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And so the doward slope has started...hope dwindling for sure.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
      And so the doward slope has started...hope dwindling for sure.
      Oh hell no don't say that. He is going to slow down, he is not quitting. Rwd cb7 will still happen, I'm rooting for it!
      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Bump diddly bump bump bump.
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

still haven't worked on it, because of the weather, my DD doesn't have winter/all season tires, and that's the reason I haven't worked on it, but now that the weather is starting to warm up, I will start working on it again, so I should have some updates within the next month

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
          1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread
          Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
            still haven't worked on it, because of the weather, my DD doesn't have winter/all season tires, and that's the reason I haven't worked on it, but now that the weather is starting to warm up, I will start working on it again, so I should have some updates within the next month
            Sweet!
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Tomorrow-Sunday is wiring time, I will try to get most of the wiring finished, or at least traced out and marked, then come Monday I am going down to work on the car, I will be cleaning up the rear for a day or so then I will start on the engine compartment hehe, this time I am going to try and get lots of photos for you all.
              Last edited by almostJDM; 04-03-2013, 11:15 PM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
              My FS Thread
              Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Tomorrow-Sunday is wiring time, I will try to get most of the wiring finished, or at least traced out and marked, then come Monday I am going down to work on the car, I will be cleaning up the rear for a day or so then I will start on the engine compartment hehe, this time I am going to try and get lots of photos for you all.
                Looking forward to it!

Comment

uh oh here we go again

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!, the wires are attacking again LOL

Right now I am going through and labeling all the connectors, then I will trace out what wires I need to connect to the accords chassis harness, I will grab a few connectors from work so I can unhook the engine and chassis harnesses at will., I will probably wait to bring the harness with me until the next time I am down working on it.
                  Last edited by almostJDM; 04-05-2013, 08:02 PM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                  My FS Thread

Comment

Dag that's a lot of wiring. Have fun. Lol

Comment

haha no joke, I have about 3/4 of the connectors labeled, right now it's getting a little tough, because the ones I have left are ones that the wires don't match whats on the schematic but I am trying to match them up best I can, once I get done with the ones I think I have matched I will look online again for other diagrams.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                      My FS Thread

Comment

hmmm, ok I am highly debating on if I should just say screw it for the wiring and order a chase bays harness, since they now make a custom/race harness section that has all the wires right there ready to be wired, no hunting for them....yeah I think I will lol, the price isn't bad at all either, $690 shipped for it. Yeah screw the wiring headaches lol, and its and all brand new wires so its pretty much win win win. So now all I have to do is fine the wires in the accords harness that I will need and label them, then that will be that with the wiring
                        Last edited by almostJDM; 04-05-2013, 09:19 PM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                        My FS Thread

Comment

hmmm, ok I am highly debating on if I should just say screw it for the wiring and order a chase bays harness, since they now make a custom/race harness section that has all the wires right there ready to be wired, no hunting for them....yeah I think I will lol, the price isn't bad at all either, $690 shipped for it. Yeah screw the wiring headaches lol, and its and all brand new wires so its pretty much win win win. So now all I have to do is fine the wires in the accords harness that I will need and label them, then that will be that with the wiring
                          If its in the budget, I would, I've spent countless hours on some of the dumbest wiring gremlins ever in my cb, its dreadfull.

Comment

Really with a swap like this, their really isn't a budget until its running and driving, then who knows, I will have to add up the cost of the build parts and go from there, But I really don't want to spend a boat load on stuff I don't really have to, but with the wiring it's probably better that I get the new harness then to reuse the used and battered 16 year old stuff, but stuff like LCA's axles, and performance parts are not needed until the car is fully road worthy, that's when I get to try and make her fly, because in all reality this thing will only be as fast an an H22 swap or around there, maybe a tiny bit faster until I build it, because I will be adding 2-4 hundred lbs to it.
                            Last edited by almostJDM; 04-06-2013, 02:12 AM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                            My FS Thread

Comment

Actually I decided to just go ahead make the harness right now, then once the car is running and driving I will buy the harness, that way I can spend the $700 on something else like fuel tank, drive shaft, axles, radiator etc, so on with the wiring.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                              My FS Thread

Comment

Fuck the engine harness either way. Go mega squirt, delete 99% of the bullshit and call it a day.

$690 for a harness, seriously? What are you having problems with? If you go with something like megasquirt it'll be 10x easier to wire up and way cheaper if you are seriously considering $690 for harness and then more $$$ for engine management.

Comment

Working...
                                X