No announcement yet.

Frankenstein lives!! H23VTEC headswap complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok tell me when and where at in tn and ill try to be there cant spend all my money that i got stashed away for NOPI......well you know if my motor last that long ......right
    F22A1:blew up
    F22A1/H22:blew up
    F22A6/H22: " "
    F22A4/H22: " "
    H23A1 boosted:blew up
    H23A1:traded
    H23A1/H22 built:still in progress (getting my feet wet)

drive it like you stole it
    FCB7(FRANKENSTEIN CB7 CLUB)

Comment

ahahah nice comment.. yeah man.. our hybrids suck for reliability.. we should all just get a h22a... lol... right...

meh.. theres a big thread about the TN meet.. be there or be square

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

our hybrids suck for reliability.. we should all just get a h22a... lol... right...
        dont get me wrong im not knocking the h22 i really like it but.........take a look at the pics on the its alive thread..........just like i said before anything can happen ot anyone at any given time

OUCH.........7/31 8/01 kinda sucks for me but ill see sundays bad cuz i got the kids wife works ........monday well i work......lol would like to me everyone though i will try
        Last edited by shadetreecustom; 03-15-2005, 10:12 PM.

Comment

shadetreecustom- the date is April 9, 2005 (saturday)

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=spring+meet

its in Nashville, TN im leaving from Fayetteville, NC, so we could meet up somewhere and cruise hybrid style

let me know what you have in mind and where you are located exactly in SC

ill be around santee area sometime next week, let me know if thats anywhere near you

Tyler
          Nighthawk Black Pearl ES1

Comment

where you are located exactly in SC

Newberry ,you should come right past if your going to santee on I-26 .......when next week .......newberrry is right off the interstate

Comment

Here is where im confused

Someone probably went over this, but oh well

lets say that the h23 crank is the weak link, especially past the stock h23 redline. Im going to also assume that the h22 head applies little if any extra stress on the h23 crank assembly vs. the h23 head up until around the h23 redline. Well, he already made it perfectly clear that he is not a high revving guy, so as long as he stays under at most 7000rpm the motor should be as reliable as a stock h23. I mean, it sounds like the only main concern he will have is if he misshifts and sends it past extremely high into the rpm range, assuming the chipped ecu has a removed rev limiter. Sounds like its the perfect engine for him. Tuning will be a huge factor in power. A majority of the h23 vtec dyno's i've seen (which is like 3 of 4 hehe) show that the dip before vtec common in the h22 is exaggerated in the h23vtec.

Comment

Congrats...I would like to see how it runs and would also like to run it against my H22Accord to see how well this combination works out. Hope your build is successful.

Comment

Originally posted by marchingant4
                  Here is where im confused

Someone probably went over this, but oh well

lets say that the h23 crank is the weak link, especially past the stock h23 redline. Im going to also assume that the h22 head applies little if any extra stress on the h23 crank assembly vs. the h23 head up until around the h23 redline. Well, he already made it perfectly clear that he is not a high revving guy, so as long as he stays under at most 7000rpm the motor should be as reliable as a stock h23. I mean, it sounds like the only main concern he will have is if he misshifts and sends it past extremely high into the rpm range, assuming the chipped ecu has a removed rev limiter. Sounds like its the perfect engine for him. Tuning will be a huge factor in power. A majority of the h23 vtec dyno's i've seen (which is like 3 of 4 hehe) show that the dip before vtec common in the h22 is exaggerated in the h23vtec.
                  I am actually having my cutoff set at 7000rpm. Also I had mrx conver a p06 into a p28 and put a base h22 map on it with the cutoff of 7000rpm. I have not tested the 7k mark cutoff since as I mentioned before, I am not a high revver. It is difficult fo me to misshift with the 4bidden flip flop shifter but nobody is perfect. I will be testing the 7k mark just to make sure it is in place. I should also be having it tuned within the next week or so and will be posting my results on here.

Stay tuned....
                  "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

WIKKED EVIL.. WIKKED EVIL!!! EVILLLLL

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

ok.. update.. adam got the ecu back... installed it.. limp mode?? WTF?? so.. he hears something rattling around.. so he opens it up with mrx's help guding him through.. come to find out the chip isnt in.. prob from shipping.. so he pushes it in.. turns the car on.. and everythings fine.. but still no vtec.. so.. talking with aero.. adam rechecked the wiring on the ecu side.. everything checks out.. a4 and d6 are fine.. now.. heres a question that adam has.. if the wiring on the ENGINE BAY where switched.. (my fault if they are) so he asks.. why isnt the vtec oil pressure code come up? (22).. if the wiring is fucked?.. why only vtec sol(21).. the vtec sol is new.. so.. is there any chance i may have just fucked up somehow.. on the vtec sol wiring.. which is just 1 wire..but u never know.. maybe i didnt strip enough wiring off or something..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

i'm gonna put my foot through that damn ecu
                        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

damn thats odd hope yall get it fixed i know i didnt have that problem with my swap damn best of luck guys hope yall get it runnin right soon.

Comment

hope you all get it running right my car is in the shop right now getting a h23 put in it aww i miss it and i just dropped it off monday but i was wondering since youve been working on these engines if you wouldnt know where i could get a h23 ecu (auto) would ya?

Comment

Thanks guys and I am hoping to have things figured out asap. No Jimmy, I don't know where to get an h23 auto ecu since mine is 5spd. You might wanna post up in the classifieds that you are looking for you. Sorry. YOu can always convert to a 5spd and get a 5spd ecu!
                              "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

if you have the oil press sensor and vtec solenoid wires swapped, sometimes it gives just a code 21, sometimes both 21 and 22... ive seen both. ive also seen someone drive with them switched for too long, that it actually fried the traces on the ECU's circuit board, which never ended up ever having working VTEC again (even after the traces were fixed.)

so... check the wiring as soon as you can. when in serious question, rip em out and run em again, one wire at a time.
                                Last edited by cp[mike]; 03-17-2005, 07:44 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                                Current cars:
                                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                                X