Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are those pics.

Comment

Made a lil progress today. Started the tear down of the accord. Not much progress done. But its a start. Hopefully next weekend ill have the engine pulled. I have plans tmrw ( fixing the gf's car )

My System
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

Do you mind if I take that A/C compressor and bracket off your hands?
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
          Do you mind if I take that A/C compressor and bracket off your hands?
          Stright! I dnt mind man. I should have the motor out next weekend. If u have time next weekend lemme know and u can come get it.
          My System

Comment

Update 4/13/15

Finally got the motor out of the accord this weekend. Still gotta drop the cross member and get that outa the way. Also got the engine 95% out of the engine out of the trans am. Shes comming along tho guys.

Last edited by tgdrums1990; 04-13-2015, 08:21 AM.
            My System

Comment

Good to see this project actually coming along!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Try not to mangle any more of the Trans Am than necessary. You may need to steal parts of it for the conversion! Might as well just use the bit of the firewall that goes over the transmission, as well as the driveshaft tunnel (cut em out of the TA, weld em into the Accord.) If it'll fit, you could make good use of the entire rear end as well. Gonna need a rear suspension and subframe made to accommodate a rear differential and driven axles!

Comment

I'm in for this. Is there any reason youre going lt1 over an ls1?

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                    He said it was because it was available for a very low price for him.

Comment

Once the LT1 is in, any LSx swap would be cake comparatively. Actually, once the car is converted to RWD, any other RWD engine swap that fits in the engine bay will be relatively easy! Just mounts and wiring, for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Try not to mangle any more of the Trans Am than necessary. You may need to steal parts of it for the conversion! Might as well just use the bit of the firewall that goes over the transmission, as well as the driveshaft tunnel (cut em out of the TA, weld em into the Accord.) If it'll fit, you could make good use of the entire rear end as well. Gonna need a rear suspension and subframe made to accommodate a rear differential and driven axles!
                        Haha u beat me to it mike. Planning on cutting the trans tunnel out and using that. The front and rear brakes are being used as well and suspension. After all was removed from the front of the accord. More room than u think. The way it looks I'm gonna retain power steering and heat
                        My System

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                          Because I scored a running and driving trans am for 200... Its a 97 so its Lt based but does have posi in the rear en . So I'm working with what I have. Engine. Rear end. Brakes and suspension are being use . In hunt for a 5spd trans currentl .
                          My System

Comment

****4.20.15 Update****

ok fellas back again. Looks like im stuck on the road for another 2 to 3 weeks so progress will be slow

I got the engine out of the trans am fully. Its a lt4. Alumnium heads... Coil Packs... Score! Talk about a bonus...

But I was able to get a lil done this weekend in between settlin from being outa town for the week.

Both interiors are gutted...
                            Trans tunnel has been cut from the trans am...

Now were to the fun part of building a car

Trans am gutted

Accord Gutted

Trans tunnel mocked up inside the car. The arch and angeling of the trans am tunnel is near perfect to mate to the firewall of the accord.

Big motor isnt it???...

Sneak preview
                            My System

Comment

Excellent. Keep it up, and you'll beat AlmostJDM to the punch! He's been doing his conversion for... oh... 5 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by tgdrums1990 View Post
                                ok fellas back again. Looks like im stuck on the road for another 2 to 3 weeks so progress will be slow

I got the engine out of the trans am fully. Its a lt4. Alumnium heads... Coil Packs... Score! Talk about a bonus...
                                That's interesting that it has the LT4. Someone had swapped the motor into the Trans Am before you got it.

Comment

Working...
                                X