No announcement yet.

Lowdown on B16B/B18C5/6/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

torque is the measure of rotational force (basically) and it is what moves the car.
    horsepower is NOT a measure of force, it is a measure of rate of application of force.

the lowest end f22 engine has more torque than the highest end stock B series. this is for a reason....it is needed to move the heavier chassis.

putting a B series in that produces 110-130 lb/ft of torque is going to cost a fair amount of money. It will cost enough to install a B series with all parts and labor that you could rebuild your f22 with turbo rady parts, boost it AND make over 300 hp.

The only peope that will be impressed by a B series in an accord are the ones that are clueless.

Comment

Leave the B and D series engines to the Civics, Del Sols, and Integras.
      H, F, and K FTW!
      (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
      Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
      My (old) Ride

Comment

[QUOTE=phatdoughnut]jdm itrs dont have number codes after the b18c

On another note, all of those swaps sound good, i would do the b16 cause it has alot of torque.[/QUOTE]
        ????
        Originally posted by v4lu3s
        torque is the measure of rotational force (basically) and it is what moves the car.
        horsepower is NOT a measure of force, it is a measure of rate of application of force.

the lowest end f22 engine has more torque than the highest end stock B series. this is for a reason....it is needed to move the heavier chassis.

putting a B series in that produces 110-130 lb/ft of torque is going to cost a fair amount of money. It will cost enough to install a B series with all parts and labor that you could rebuild your f22 with turbo rady parts, boost it AND make over 300 hp.

The only peope that will be impressed by a B series in an accord are the ones that are clueless.
        exactly what i was gonna say

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
          jdm itrs dont have number codes after the b18c

On another note, all of those swaps sound good, i would do the b16 cause it has alot of torque.
          I hope you are joking cause the b16 has the worst tourqe specs out of all the dohc vtecs. so please think before you speak. Now back to the topic at hand b serries and heavy ass cars do not mix H duce all the way
          F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
          My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
          Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

no b-sereis are torquey compared to a f or h series. theres only 2 torquey b series motors: they are the b18a/b and b20a. i just did a jdm itr (b18c) swap yesterday on a 98 integra gs. its the easiest swap to do. the only motors that you want to install in a CB is a f or h series and call it a day.

Comment

[QUOTE=palinix]I'm curious, what mods do you have on the a4?QUOTE]

I just got an intake and exhaust. He beat me, but he couldn't pull on me. I had him in first and part of second just by a foot. By third i was at his front wheel.

I drove the car, and you can tell it has no torque wut so ever.
              1991 Cb7 Coupe 5 Speed--SOLD
              2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V-- SOLD
              1994 Acura Legend GS
              Car Pics

Comment

[QUOTE=xczechboyx]
                Originally posted by palinix
                I'm curious, what mods do you have on the a4?QUOTE]

I just got an intake and exhaust. He beat me, but he couldn't pull on me. I had him in first and part of second just by a foot. By third i was at his front wheel.

I drove the car, and you can tell it has no torque wut so ever.
                Not bad at all. You must be a pretty good driver. I had a feeling as well that a bolt on modded f series cb7 could hold its own against a B16 Del Sol.

What baffles me though, is the numbers.

The F series is rated 30-40 hp less than the b16. Also, the Del Sol is a couple 100 lbs lighter than the cb7. The F does have MORE torque though.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but torque would have almost nothing to do in a head to head, would it?

Members Ride Thread

Comment

i think that torque would be a issue here but a del sol is a little more heavier than a civic hb.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
                    i think that torque would be a issue here but a del sol is a little more heavier than a civic hb.
                    Yes you are right there.

Let's just SUPPOSE that because the cb7 is heavier than the del sol, the extra torque the F has is used to pull that extra weight. This would make things equal as far as torque goes would it not?

Sorry guys for getting off topic like this but this really interests me and I'd like to hear from people who've had any experience with this.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

My friend had a b16a in his cb7 sedan back in the day before swapping got real popular. He said it was all right for a daily driver but going up any hill at all would almost stall the car lol, just not enough torque to move that thing, not to mention revving it up to take off from a stop...
                      Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                      Project 240SX
                      Originally posted by chillin943
                      anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                      Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Well, looks like ive gotten some nice responses. For the most part I think the majority agrees that anything other than an F or H is outta the question. Ok. Well, like i said, it was just something to talk about. I got my $.02 worth, but whoever wants to keep it going, go for it.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
                          Well, looks like ive gotten some nice responses. For the most part I think the majority agrees that anything other than an F or H is outta the question. Ok. Well, like i said, it was just something to talk about. I got my $.02 worth, but whoever wants to keep it going, go for it.
                          I think I speak on the behalf of many others on here: "You shall be punished for creating such a blasphemus thread!" lol

Interesting discussion.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

lets put it this way. you can put a f/h series in a civic/interga. power to weight ratio but you cant put a b series in a accord/prelude weight to power.

Comment

Well, im like that. I know the H's and F's are getting played out and unless you got the $$ to pay for the fabbed mounts for a K swap..this si all we got. I know theres at least 1 CB out there with a b-series or d-series swap in it, i was just curious as to what everyone thought and thought id throw down a lil ice breaker at the...."inter"-cooler (get it...water cooler><intercooler...eh..i tried)

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
                                Well, im like that. I know the H's and F's are getting played out and unless you got the $$ to pay for the fabbed mounts for a K swap..this si all we got. I know theres at least 1 CB out there with a b-series or d-series swap in it, i was just curious as to what everyone thought and thought id throw down a lil ice breaker at the...."inter"-cooler (get it...water cooler><intercooler...eh..i tried)
                                yea i hear you. accord and prelude platforms are all we got besides the k series. unlike the civics and integras there are plenty of motors between the two to choose from. my .02cents

Comment

Working...
                                X