Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ahh the joy of post-swap fine tuning...HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna bump this thread. I would love to eliminate that black box if possible.

Could you just run a line from the IM to the EGR and run another from the mani back to it to skip all of them in that box?

Comment

Nice write up

Comment

Im also in the progress about doing this and i would like to know about the extra vacuum lines to delete.im wondering if theres any better mpg with running with this setup because ive been noticing that my car kinda does some back firing when i let go of the gas in gear and my mpg aint that all great at all from the f22..my buddy has a 98 lude and im running everything exact from the motor to tranny and he seems to get way better gas mileage
        WHEN LIFE PASSES YOU BY...DOWN SHIFT...

Comment

Originally posted by 10k View Post
          Im also in the progress about doing this and i would like to know about the extra vacuum lines to delete.im wondering if theres any better mpg with running with this setup because ive been noticing that my car kinda does some back firing when i let go of the gas in gear and my mpg aint that all great at all from the f22..my buddy has a 98 lude and im running everything exact from the motor to tranny and he seems to get way better gas mileage
          forgot to say that im also running it with a p13 but when i plug my map sensor on TB it boggs and cel comes on i disconnected two vacuum lines and left 24 on but it boggs down and dies any inputs?

Comment

black box contains 3 things:

EVAP control solenoid (not required - emissions related)
            EGR control solenoid (not required - emissions related, but it will throw a CEL if disconnected)
            and lastly the MAP SENSOR itself. it is connected to the manifold via a vacuum line, so if you were lucky enough to get an H throttle body with a built-on MAP sensor, then your external CB one is not required - meaning the black box can be removed entirely.

if you do not have a map sensor mounted on your H throttle body, you will need to remove the MAP sensor from the black box and keep it hooked up - but otherwise the other two can be removed completely - along with the rest of the plastic box.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
              black box contains 3 things:

EVAP control solenoid (not required - emissions related)
              EGR control solenoid (not required - emissions related, but it will throw a CEL if disconnected)
              and lastly the MAP SENSOR itself. it is connected to the manifold via a vacuum line, so if you were lucky enough to get an H throttle body with a built-on MAP sensor, then your external CB one is not required - meaning the black box can be removed entirely.

if you do not have a map sensor mounted on your H throttle body, you will need to remove the MAP sensor from the black box and keep it hooked up - but otherwise the other two can be removed completely - along with the rest of the plastic box.
              yes i do have the map on the THROTTLE BOBY and im trying to get that one to work i wired the map sensor up like it should be but it boggs and the cel comes on it runs good with one in the black box but i think its running too rich with it cause i can smell raw gas and it leaves black marks

Comment

I'm in the middle of wiring up the obd2 map. And this all makes sense but does anyone know on the obd2 map which is pin 1 and pin 2 and pin 3. Like back to front or what.
                pin 1= YLW/RED (reference voltage)
                pin 2= GRN/WHT (sensor ground)
                pin 3= RED/GRN (map sensor input)

Comment

I think this might be what you are looking for....

MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks thats exactly what I needed much appreciated.

Comment

You're welcome.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

It's too bad about Ronald's Prelude, though. I heard a while back on PreludePower that that build was parted out as well. I wonder what (or even if) he's gone on to.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

God damn I will always love this place. I had a minor issue with my swap and same issue with the EGR and this writeup quickly solved it.
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I clicked the thread and it brought me to the last post....

I go to the first post and see the date... my immediate reaction: "Holy shit. HAHAHAHA. Jesus Christ!!!"

So many necrobumps hahaha.

Bummer if he parted that build out.... it was clean. But most of the fun in the build IS the build. In my experience it's rare that the final product is more fun than the process

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

He did and then he moved on to the Prelude and then an actual DC5 ITR IIRC and ended up with a Legacy wagon with a pretty impressive build sheet..dont know what he has now though.
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I think it was the Legacy wagon after the 'lude, then he had a white late-model RSX-S, and now he's in an 8th gen Si sedan. Don't know why I keep up with it, but he does make some damn fine builds...
                                Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-12-2016, 11:10 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X