No announcement yet.

engine almost together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JB Weld? Its not much of a crack. I used some stuff called QuickSteel on mine, worked like a charm

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
    Bought from: ChampCoupe
    Sold to:Losiracer2

Comment

thanks, ill try that tomorrow

Comment

I was just curious as to how much rpm should you give a new engine when breaking it in. Ive ran it for hours, but i haven't drove it yet, and tomorrow as soon as i get off work, it is completely ready for its first road test. Everything sounds good, looks good.

I usually just sit and let it idle a little everyday, but some times, throttle it up to about 3 or 4 grand real quick. So my question is how easy should i take it tomorrow , and for how long? Thanks

Comment

LOL, you dont need to just let it idle for hours, in fact thats the worst thing you can do. you need to vary the rpm range but keep it below 4k, light load but drive the thing. id say maximum 500 miles. rings break in quick nowadays and a quart of oil consumption is normal.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

good to know, it's gettign along great
            VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
            1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
            MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Really, the main reason for me letting it idle was to check for leaks, but thanks for the info.Good to know.

Comment

I have everything done enough to completely drive it tomorrow out farther than the subdivision, no tags, lol, but the engine sounds awesome. I finished up everything today, got the battery tray in the trunk mounted with battery and secure.
                I made my custom bracket that mounts the exhaust before the flex pipe, to the back of the block, The factory bracket was off a bit, so machined a new one and it fit perfect. Its perfect, just need to afford the p06 and chipp it, but can wait on that..

Comment

I was adding some new pics, im going to get some better ones tomorrow, no good camera right now, car drives good though, still alot of work to be done. I also will take some pics of the interior, nice, my custom gauge pods, new steering wheel and shifter and console.

Comment

Comment

WOW!!!
                      That looks like it would be a blast to drive lol!
                      STUFF FOR SALE!!!
                      1992 Accord Lx.
                      1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

It is and will be when i can get it on the road, tags, and insurance. I love it.

Comment

Ok I hate you, that is the coolest interior I have ever seen. Props man good work on that, just gave me a few more ideas on how to do mine.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                          "The Turtle"
                          DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Thanks guys, its good to start hearing good thing on what u have accomplished, appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by tootall View Post

everything is super clean love wat u did in the inside of the car later

Comment

Would any have any insight of how to mount my ecu, i have a couple of idea, just would like to here other peoples, i still have the stock accord ecu, putting a p06, or p28 in later, thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X