Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil leak down the front splash guard. Where is it coming from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
    1) Did you spill enough to have as big a puddle as the original picture showed? You have a typing impediment, turn the "b"s upside down - the word is "nipple". Take the splash shield off, clean the area real well, then look for the source of the leak.

2) One hose is the supply to the cooler; the other is return. Replace whichever hose is leaking. I have also had the nipples leak on aftermarket radiators; make sure it is tight in the radiator.

3) As above, it is more likely a loose nipple than a crack in the radiator (although that is possible). The transmission cooler is an integral part of the radiator and cannot be replaced separately.
    Did you have to replace the whole radiator when the nipple was leaking? How was it leaking? Loose connector or crack at the connector thread on?
    Thanks.

Comment

The nipple would tend to loosen.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
        The nipple would tend to loosen.
        Can't you just glue it down? For mine, it's been on the car for ever, but well maintained. You it will be loose too?

Comment

It looks like the part I need is labeled #16 on the diagram, part#25214-PT0-902.
          But it's discontinued every where. Could any one pull one for me from the junkyard that is still in good condition? Maybe pull the nipple from the radiator too?

The replacement part is probably 25212-PAA-000
          Thanks.
          Last edited by Bad_dude; 01-24-2015, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Uh... #16 is in the oil pump???
            Originally posted by Mishakol129
            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

dj_ender, not from the diagram right above but from this one.
              Thanks.

Comment

What size do you think the transmission cooler line is? #16 on the diagram.
                Thanks.

Comment

The tubes are about 0.395 inches and have an expanded area near the end, so a 3/8 inside diameter tube should fit.
                  90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                  08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                  X