What is all the seals in Timing Belt Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is all the seals in Timing Belt Area

I got a 92 accord coupe with f22a6 engine and man tranny. I want to replace all the seals in the timing belt area. I know of the camshaft seal, crankshaft seal and balance shaft seal. What are the other seals that could leak in there. Isn't there a oil pump o ring. I am having a hard time finding the crank seal on any diagram. Cam seal is easy to find oem but others are not. Any help is appreciated.

Hmmm you are correct . There's other seals but I didn't think they had oil pressure behind them and thus don't leak often. Crankshaft seal, balancer shaft seal, O-irings for covers of the balancer shaft covers, crankshaft oil seal....

Last edited by Raf99; 12-28-2023, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Hmmm you are correct . There's other seals but I didn't think they had oil pressure behind them and thus don't leak often. Crankshaft seal, balancer shaft seal, O-irings for covers of the balancer shaft covers, crankshaft oil seal....
      Is there a seal behind the center adjusting bolt. I see oil coming from that but i don't have belt off and it could very well be from balance shaft seal.

Comment

Only one way to find out

Comment

If by "center adjusting bolt" you're referring to the long one with a hex 'nut' at the base, then I'm pretty sure there is not a seal behind that. It should just be threaded into the engine block, with the hole not going all the way through.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
            If by "center adjusting bolt" you're referring to the long one with a hex 'nut' at the base, then I'm pretty sure there is not a seal behind that. It should just be threaded into the engine block, with the hole not going all the way through.
            thats what i think also. Leak is coming from balance shaft seal and just dripping over.

Comment

Ok i finally got everything got back together and still got a leak somewhere jsut as bad. It is funny i ran it for a bit with all covers off and it didn't leak at all. My oil pressure is higher than normal when car is cold at idle and warm at idle. Normal when revved up. I suspect i have a clog of somesort somewhere. My oil pressure light is coming on and i am not low on oil. SO my oil pressure gauge reads 85psi at idle when cold. Normal is 50 when cold and 85 when revved up cold. It reads 25 when oil temp is about 180. Suppose to be around 14. I am going to change oil and filter and see whats up after. And pull off upper and lower timing cover to see where leak is coming from still. All seals has been changed and camshaft seal is only 6 years old. How would i clear or check for clog oil passages.

Comment

Working...
              X