ENG: Cleaning out IAC Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
    it could, try it out, couldnt hurt. also check for vacuum leaks. have u done any other mods to it that would cause it
    Well i cut the hose that runs from the stock intake system i think its the number 8 hose, and stuck a screw in the shortened hose thats on the throttle body. I did that since i put a cold air intake in and wasn't using the hose anyway. Im not sure if that had anything to do with it but I will try cleaning out the IAC valve this weekend.
    My CB For Sale

Comment

that could do it, but mostly in cold weather, ur in GA tho

Comment

I do believe that cleaning mine out, has fixed my cold start problem. it was pretty dirty, but gtg now. and it started right up at 29 degrees at midnight. thanks for the info. very much helpful!!!
        If you're gonna go, go with a smile!
        Current vehicles: 2006 Pacifica Touring Inferno Red (the Wife's) - 30k
        1993 Accord EX - optima 'red top' battery, magnaflow exhaust, tinted windows - My $500 ride w/ 217k miles
        2004 Suzuki GSXR750 - Racetech sus f/r. Dunlop Qualifiers. clear Puig DB screen. my drug - 7500 miles

Comment

This really did help. i did it yesterday and i runs a lot smoother. Thanx!!

^^^ Please "Like" & Follow!^^^

IG - @WerdWerx

1990 Accord EX Coupe - Click Here

Comment

www.alldata.com click do-it-yourself click repair info pick and choose your year and model and this site has basically everything you need to know, it's mostly in lamens terms but it really helps when you get stuck diagnosing something.

Comment

Originally posted by jtek24
              Will this solve the idle problem for the constant up and down rev problem?
              I just swaped in a H22 into my car and i have the up and down rev problem...i took this part off several times cleaned and put back on..helped a little but it is still rev ing up and down every once on a while
              93 Accord H22A JDM 200HP

Comment

mine will do the same but only if i bump the gas pedal while it is warming up. if i leave it alone, it idles right where it needs to be after it warms up. once it is warmed up, no issues whatsoever.
                If you're gonna go, go with a smile!
                Current vehicles: 2006 Pacifica Touring Inferno Red (the Wife's) - 30k
                1993 Accord EX - optima 'red top' battery, magnaflow exhaust, tinted windows - My $500 ride w/ 217k miles
                2004 Suzuki GSXR750 - Racetech sus f/r. Dunlop Qualifiers. clear Puig DB screen. my drug - 7500 miles

Comment

Iac

thats a good DIY im going to do that tomorrow

Comment

I did this a few days ago. I just undid the 2 bolts, and unplugged the harness and tipped it upward and used a tooth brush and some wd40 to clean it good...all I had...worked good, but dont notice anything diff...but good to know its cleaned out...

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedLip81
                      I did this a few days ago. I just undid the 2 bolts, and unplugged the harness and tipped it upward and used a tooth brush and some wd40 to clean it good...all I had...worked good, but dont notice anything diff...but good to know its cleaned out...
                      is it ok to use WD40?

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

i just sprayed some on the toothbrush and scrubbed it. I didnt saturate it, but i figure wd40 is a good do it all type product, so what the heck. No probs for me...

Comment

question about idle:

you said if it idles weird or whatever,adjust it by the screw? what screw? any pics of it and how to know if im adjusting it correctly. i never messed with the throttle or idle adjustments at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderCat
                            question about idle:

you said if it idles weird or whatever,adjust it by the screw? what screw? any pics of it and how to know if im adjusting it correctly. i never messed with the throttle or idle adjustments at all.
                            Look at the top of your throttle body and then look to the left of the red hose (it's red on mine), there should be a flat head adjustment screw. That is it. BTW great DIY I'm going to do this tonight while my H22 is in pieces. :tu

Comment

i had to remove my strut bar to get to the lower one, that screw was a bitch

Comment

if the screws gave u problem how where the hoses??

Comment

Working...
                                X