No announcement yet.

ENG: Cleaning out IAC Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cleaned mine but it wasnt dirty I got the car 4 months ago I guees it was preveosly cleaned

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Cleaning Mine Fixed My Problem

Yep I cleaned mine today and it fixed my crazy idle...gotta love the DIY's
      but it did mess my normal idle up..it went so low the car would cut off but the idle adjustment screw and the Haynes manual helped

and after it was cleaned...

BEFORE I cleaned the throttle body...

Sorry 93accordexcoupe I couldn't let you be the only one
      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

the 2 bolts on mine are tight as hell.. im a lil worried that the bolts might break off due to excessive force..

Comment

put some pb blaster on them to loosen them a bit...but mine were pretty tight and when they finally came off, theydidmt break...remember, those 2 bolts probobly havent been touched for like 12 years

Originally posted by fizzbob7
          first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
          Originally posted by ACC0RD22
          no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
          So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Originally posted by hondatuner4267
            Sorry 93accordexcoupe I couldn't let you be the only one
            right on dude

maybe ill do a DIY on hood props.

Comment

Originally posted by arrozburner
              put some pb blaster on them to loosen them a bit...but mine were pretty tight and when they finally came off, theydidmt break...remember, those 2 bolts probobly havent been touched for like 12 years
              from the looks of it, yes...

Comment

I did this today and thought I'd post my pics:

Before:

After:

Good DIY
                PM me if you found this!!

Comment

whats good is that its simple and very effective...honda says you cant clean it but as you can see, we can

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                  first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
                  Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                  no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
                  So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

But it still didn't fix my jumpy idle

I guess tommorow it's the FIV...

Edit: But still a good DIY...
                    Last edited by Shuebakka; 01-25-2006, 03:45 AM.
                    PM me if you found this!!

Comment

I've done this awhile ago, and followed this DIY. Its pretty straight forward, and it performed and looked brand new! Great write up

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                      ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
                      ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

this DIY sounds fun, maybe a this weekend project

Comment

i did this and my car runs like a champ..damn should have done this earlier...

PROJECT: EIEN (Eternity, Endless) in progress...

"What's the point of a race?- Just means you're faster...that's all. If I have to race, it should be for something important..."

"What Is A Man Who Cannot Prosper and Better What He Owns?"

Comment

Do the dealerships actually advise you cannot do this? Can someone who works/worked at one confirm that? It sure looks like many of you have been able to with good results. Do they balk because they'd rather sell you a new IACV?

For the people who have cleaned it with Q-Tips (w/o removing the IACV) did you just take the bolts off, unplug the grey connector, and turn the unit so the holes were facing upwards? I thought Acetone would be too harsh, then again throttle body cleaner probably is full of acetone and xylene, etc.
                            '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                            EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by mrvinyl33
                              For the people who have cleaned it with Q-Tips (w/o removing the IACV)
                              how do you clean it w/o taking it off?

Comment

I was referring to S4gunn's post earlier in this thread whereby the holes and filter were cleaned out. This of course wouldn't be as thorough as removing the IACV and cleaning everything, but this person noted good results.
                                '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                                EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Working...
                                X