X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SteveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Michalob
    just put the motor mount in... very nice! as steveB said. it just goes! it feels almost like a new clutch. not really. it has the same similarity of grabbing though. id say do it. just one addition. ya really didnt need to go through the process of taking the bottom bolt out. i took the top bolt off and got a bar, wedged it so i have enough room to stick the inserts in. very simple. hey steveb. thanks for bringing this DIY up. I'm a fan!
    True, I took the torque strut off so I could clean it up and paint it.

Leave a comment:

• Michalob
    replied
    just put the motor mount in... very nice! as steveB said. it just goes! it feels almost like a new clutch. not really. it has the same similarity of grabbing though. id say do it. just one addition. ya really didnt need to go through the process of taking the bottom bolt out. i took the top bolt off and got a bar, wedged it so i have enough room to stick the inserts in. very simple. hey steveb. thanks for bringing this DIY up. I'm a fan!

Leave a comment:

• SteveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Deevergote
    Ah, there it is! Man they get specific! I was looking under Bushings, since that seems to be where all Energy Suspension parts seem to be listed on other sites (since the majority of their products seem to be bushings...)

Thanks again!
    You can also hunt parts by part number, by manufacturer, after finding the correct PN at the manufacturers site.

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    Ah, there it is! Man they get specific! I was looking under Bushings, since that seems to be where all Energy Suspension parts seem to be listed on other sites (since the majority of their products seem to be bushings...)

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• SteveB
    replied
    $4.95 is better... I'm not finding it though. They seem to have full sets of things, but I don't see that one (damn, problems already! )
    vehicle specific search>motor mount insert

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    $4.95 is better... I'm not finding it though. They seem to have full sets of things, but I don't see that one (damn, problems already! )

Leave a comment:

• SteveB
    replied
    Michalob, I knew if I read enough someone would ask the one question I would have!

Man, that sounds like a great thing to do with $20 (less, actually... for US prices ) I'mma gonna go order one right now!

I'll be back with questions when I find some way to mess things up.

Here's what I found price-wise...
    $11.37 from Lightning Motorsports... But those suckers want $8.25 to ship to Jersey! I'll keep looking, thankyouverymuch. Who knows though. That might be the going rate.
    driverfx looks like 4.95.

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    Michalob, I knew if I read enough someone would ask the one question I would have!

Man, that sounds like a great thing to do with $20 (less, actually... for US prices ) I'mma gonna go order one right now!

I'll be back with questions when I find some way to mess things up.

Here's what I found price-wise...
    $11.37 from Lightning Motorsports... But those suckers want $8.25 to ship to Jersey! I'll keep looking, thankyouverymuch. Who knows though. That might be the going rate.
    Last edited by deevergote; 03-14-2004, 01:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SteveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Michalob
    hey got a question. when you were taking out the mount, did you support the engine so it didnt drop or sag? or did ya just rip it out and not worry bout it? just curious cuz i beleive the haynes manual said some crap bout supporting the engine with a jack and cardboard. thanks!
    Nope. Just yank it.
    It's just a torque reaction strut.

Leave a comment:

• Michalob
    replied
    hey got a question. when you were taking out the mount, did you support the engine so it didnt drop or sag? or did ya just rip it out and not worry bout it? just curious cuz i beleive the haynes manual said some crap bout supporting the engine with a jack and cardboard. thanks!

Leave a comment:

• SteveB
    replied
    Originally posted by accordztech
    i heard that under 1500 rpm there is more vibrations.

now do you notice a noise or vibration difference?
    Nope. No change.

Leave a comment:

• accordztech
    replied
    i heard that under 1500 rpm there is more vibrations.

mine moves alot if i rev my engine..i hate it. it SHIFTS . i revved some accords and they dont do this.

all my mounts are brand new. back front and sides

if im in neutral and i rev to 5 quick...and let off my car shifts forward becuase the engine is pushing itself forward.

now do you notice a noise or vibration difference? i might get one of these if so.

o they make a rear one but only for the manual cars cause theirs are rubber. but the autos are hydrolic filled and they dont make one.

but if ur strenthening the front, then there isnt much point to strenthen the back unless u have alot of torque. thats my opinion.

energy has it for 14 bucks for the accord. if i try it and dont like it ill sell it =).

but let me know your input

Leave a comment:

• SteveB
    replied
    Originally posted by midnite racer x

But i want to complete all sides thats why this was such a surprise to me cause it seriously was non-existent
    I didn't get the impression from ES that they were a new product, and I've never seen the side mounts anywhere.

Pour your own is the way if you want all mounts, methinks.
    I was thinking of _that_ too, but for 20 bones....I'll let a pro pour just one for me, and just bolt it it.

I tried a steel filled, high temp RTV initially to firm up the front mount.
    Didn't last, and OMG! digging it all out was no fun.

I'd actually prefer a real DIY, rather than just a bolt-in...but sometimes the bolt-in is just better.

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    yea my launches are like the car is just digging the tires into the ground and propelling itself forward. When i shift i get this incredible vibration from the engine...the good kind, u can actually tell the engine isn't going anywhere. But i want to complete all sides thats why this was such a surprise to me cause it seriously was non-existent

Leave a comment:

• SteveB
    replied
    Re: Polyurethane Engine Mount Install

Originally posted by SteveB

Too slippery out to ascertain a difference in launch hop...yet.
    Well, I found some dry pavement...

Oh.
    My.
    God!

It just...goes!
    No hop, no flutter, no f*ck all....it just goes, and in a straight line, too!

Shifting could still be better, sure...but that's a clutch issue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X