Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accordztech
    replied
    mine really shifts alot, and its new...my engine jerks like crazy when i step on the gas and really its just that its alot of power...somewut..but my engine u can see it shift....

if its only 20 bucks i like that, the way that the engine holds itself with the new mount will take the pressure off the rear mount which i replaced already.

i like that price. im werry of why my engine moved that much when i shift gears or put it in reverse....thanks bud..i like the price and the effort...i may do this!

Leave a comment:

• SteveB
    replied
    Originally posted by 91accord4door
    ya midnight's right,i have only seen the rear before.coll though.
    Who carries the rear?

Prothane seems to only have F/R sets..or none at all, depending on where you look.

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    wait...anytime i've ever looked for any polyurethane mount its only come up as the rear mount insert. They must be expanding their product line cause it never existed b4. No need for the rocket science crack...don't insult the intelligence son it just never existed b4

Leave a comment:

• SteveB
    replied
    Originally posted by midnite racer x
    i can't believe that thing fits perfectly with no modifications at all...kinda pisses me off that someone beat me to it lol. I'd been looking and KNEW that an insert from another car would fit but didn't have the parts or a civic or integra try look at. What car was that supposed to go to anyways? How'd u come about this finding? And any luck with the side mounts yet? 2 mounts down...2 mounts to go
    ?
    It fits a Honda Accord 90-97, front mount only.
    <mis-communication adjusted>
    Last edited by SteveB; 02-12-2004, 08:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    i can't believe that thing fits perfectly with no modifications at all...kinda pisses me off that someone beat me to it lol. I'd been looking and KNEW that an insert from another car would fit but didn't have the parts or a civic or integra try look at. What car was that supposed to go to anyways? How'd u come about this finding? And any luck with the side mounts yet? 2 mounts down...2 mounts to go

Leave a comment:

• SteveB
    started a topic ENG: Polyurethane Engine Mount Install

ENG: Polyurethane Engine Mount Install

Symptoms: Crappy shifting, wheel hop.
    Problem: Crappy front engine mount/torque strap

Solution A: New Engine mount at dealer, $97CDN

Solution B: $20. Follow along, kids!

What you'll need:
    -Energy Suspension #16.1107R Honda Motor MNT Insert. I paid about $20 CDN, ordered through Canadian Tire/Keystone.
    -17mm sockets/extensions/ratchet handles
    -paint, if desired

Yank out the old engine mount. Top bolt is a breeze, bottom bolt is a bear. It might be easier from underneath, but I'm too stubborn to crawl under if I don't need to. You'll want to clean the threads and put some anti-sieze on these, in case they ever have to come out again.
    But you already do that on ANY bolt you take out, right? Good.

Now go inside somewhere warm.

THIS is why you're doing this. I can move this around with my thumb!

What do you think happens when you drop the clutch?
    Bad things, that's what!
    Movement.
    *Elastic* movement.

But there's hope-ah, Mah bretheren!
    These insert into your existing mount, damaged or not, and firm it up.

But not TOO firm, they can still deform a bit, so you're not riding in a Vibra-Matic coal-cart. I can still move these a bit with finger pressure, but they take up *all* the air space in the stock mount.

A quick stop at ~Steve's Paint Booth~

Then just push them in with your fingers. Ta-DA!

Get it back in, and you're done. Go for a drive.

I immediately noticed a difference in shifting. Too slippery out to accertain a difference in launch hop...yet.
    Last edited by SteveB; 02-13-2004, 12:11 PM.
Working...
X