Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SWAP: Cruise control usage with 5spd swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SWAP: Cruise control usage with 5spd swap.

REVISED/CORRECT Versiion!!!!!!!

Most people seem to remove cruise along with the 5spd swap but I travel alot and wanted to retain the luxury....and because a search revealed no DIY on this easy fix here it is!

Tools needed:
    1. Wire cutters
    2. 2 red (small) crimps
    3. Crimping tool
    4. Possibly extra wire
    5. NOTE: You DO NOT need the 5spd cruise brain for this method to function properly!

You need to locate the grey connector that used to be plugged into your old A/T gear selector slide-switch, it will be in your center console area in case you didn't know. It is preferable if you cut off the mirrored harness (pigtails) from the shifter assembly switch so you don't have to splice into OEM wiring, but if you don't have the mirrored harness, you should be OK.

After you locate this harness, follow the simple diagram below to enable cruise with the 5spd. I am currently using the auto cruise unit and have tested the cruise up on jack stands, lol, and it seems to work fine!

And here's a pic of the A/T harness connections. Note that the Black from switch is connected to both the Black@harness & Green/white@harness(splice all 3 together). And also I used yellow to extend the pink coming from the switch so don't get confused, simply connect pink to pink @ harness.

NOTE: If you are doing the 5spd swap, it will require you to splice the black & green/white wires together at this same harness to trick the car into "park" so you can remove the key...........this is the SAME black wire that you need to splice for the black/2grey coming from the clutch switch as the diagram indicates. If you can plan ahead, it'll be easier to splice all three at the same time. [Black] with [Green/white] with [Black/2grey].

Hope this helps someone!
    Last edited by 19dabeast85; 01-05-2012, 04:04 AM.
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Nice post man, this will help me out later this summer when I do my auto f22 to 5speed h22 swap.

H22 Fund Cancelled. Flight training underway.

Comment

ON EDIT: DIY had a major flaw, but fixed now. Hope you enjoy!
      Last edited by 19dabeast85; 07-23-2008, 11:20 PM.
      My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

will this work if your neutral safety switch doesnt work or is connected?
        My CB For Sale

Comment

You are using the 5 speed cruise control computer, right?

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by jtek24 View Post
            will this work if your neutral safety switch doesnt work or is connected?
            NSS should not affect cruise operation whatsoever, AFAIK.
            My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by IAmTheNight View Post
              You are using the 5 speed cruise control computer, right?
              I actually haven't figured out which one needs to be used.......I am under the impression that either will work but will be able to test it for sure very soon!
              Last edited by 19dabeast85; 07-23-2008, 11:21 PM.
              My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

DIY fixed and tested with car on jackstands. Will test real driving soon to be sure there are no flaws!
                My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I've always read/heard that you need the 5 speed cruise control computer after you do the swap, but prove me wrong if you must.

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

i believe that the auto computer will work fine after the 5spd swap.
                    just need to add some wire but i can't exactly make it clear.
                    one of my friends had experience on that.

my member's ride thread

Comment

you can use the AT cruise control on a 5spd. Im using mines even after the 5spd swap.

& you can save your self some wire if you tap into the pink wire thats on the plug that goes into the CC module box rather than the old A/T shifter plug. its right next to the clutch pedal. look at that box & youll see the same pink wire comming out of it as the one on the AT shifter plug
                      Last edited by Night Wolf; 07-24-2008, 04:45 PM.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Night Wolf:

You're saying that the pink can be picked up at the cruise brain harness (where I originally was spliced at). But the other side of the switch (black wire) still needs to go back to the A/T harness @ center console, correct? Trying to figure all options here......
                        My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Either computer can be used, but they work opposite of each other.

The auto computer uses a grounded wire to allow it to activate, while a grounded wire causes a manual computer to disconnect.

So you can use either, but the pink wire is setup differently. I have a 5 speed swap without the switch hooked up and an auto CC computer. The pink wire is grounded. Downside? It doesn't disconnect when you put the clutch in. One of things on the to do list.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I have verified on the road that this DIY works with the auto cruise brain.
                            My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

bumping this...gonna try it on my Auto to 5spd H22 tomorrow. Hope it works!

so i just need to connect the black & green/white together from the grey plug and then run that as one wire to the black on the clutch switch? And run the pink from the grey plug to pink on the clutch switch?
                              Last edited by Losiracer2; 11-14-2009, 06:17 AM.

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                              X