Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUSP : 5-lug conversion (the all-prelude way)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
    Whats the exact problem with the Prelude rotor setup.... is the caliper offset?
    it has nothing to do with the caliper offset its all in the rotor. you still use the accord caliper.
    the prelude rotor sits farther out than the itr rotor. the itr rotor is the same as your stock accord. i guess you could alway get the accord rotor drilled to accept the 5 lug.

heres a pic, the angle is not the best but the prelude rotor is shorter

Comment

Getting rotors isn't a problem. I have a BBK at all 4 wheels for a BB6, calipers and all. The front's no problem, I want to use the rears as well. BB6 calipers + rotors on a CB knuckle... what will it take?

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
        Getting rotors isn't a problem. I have a BBK at all 4 wheels for a BB6, calipers and all. The front's no problem, I want to use the rears as well. BB6 calipers + rotors on a CB knuckle... what will it take?
        CB rear knuckles? Well, like everyone said, Lude rear calipers are almost completely different than our stock ones..I've compared them side by side, the differences are pretty major..E-brake lines, and I can't remember what else..It's been a while..

If you want to fit the rotors and use the stock calipers, as Kyle has stated:
        Originally posted by slammed90ex-r View Post
        I made the prelude rotors work. i had a friend make me some spacers to move the caliper braket closer to the rotor.

you use your stock rear calipers
        So I have another question..Lower ball joints for 5th gen Lude knuckles..Are they the same as the ones for 4th gen Ludes? If not, does anyone know the part number for the lower ball joints?

Second question is about front camber for this setup. It's been proven that using Lude knuckles on our cars will give us positive camber, even when the car is almost dumped...How much positive camber are we talking about here? Just doing some calculations, because IIRC, the most aggressive SPC front ball joint camber kit can only do -1.5 degree....Just want to hear from those who has this setup on your cars...After all is said and done, what's your front camber at? I'm hoping to get around -2.0 up front...if I can actually end up with that number, then I'm doing this the Prelude way and I'm going to forget the Ody way, since I already have all the Prelude stuff I need..

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks in advance guys

Ronald
        Last edited by Ronald_Type-R; 01-04-2009, 06:36 AM.

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R View Post
          CB rear knuckles? Well, like everyone said, Lude rear calipers are almost completely different than our stock ones..I've compared them side by side, the differences are pretty major..E-brake lines, and I can't remember what else..It's been a while..

So I have another question..Lower ball joints for 5th gen Lude knuckles..Are they the same as the ones for 4th gen Ludes? If not, does anyone know the part number for the lower ball joints?

Second question is about front camber for this setup. It's been proven that using Lude knuckles on our cars will give us positive camber, even when the car is almost dumped...How much positive camber are we talking about here? Just doing some calculations, because IIRC, the most aggressive SPC front ball joint camber kit can only do -1.5 degree....Just want to hear from those who has this setup on your cars...After all is said and done, what's your front camber at? I'm hoping to get around -2.0 up front...if I can actually end up with that number, then I'm doing this the Prelude way and I'm going to forget the Ody way, since I already have all the Prelude stuff I need..

Ronald
          I wish there was something in the middle. HOWEVER, a lot of the peeps here who did the Prelude way have camber kits... I'm going the Lude way w/o a camber kit so we'll see how it comes out

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Ronald
            I put the prelude knuckles on then a 2.2 inch drop went and got the algnment done at it was sitting a pretty much 0 up front

Comment

Ronald

Thats how it looked before the SPC camber kit.

Comment

JaK, off the top of ur head do u know what the camber reading was before they did ur alignment? What did they change it to? I might have to get a camber kit to get negative camber...

Comment

Ronald
                  From what I have found, the balljoint is the same for the 4th gen as the 5th gen.

I will be using this setup. It gives a full -4 to 4 degree camber adjustment. I have it on my red wagon and will be swapping once I do the swap.

Upper control arm, adjustable

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                  JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by 90accords View Post
                    I put the prelude knuckles on then a 2.2 inch drop went and got the algnment done at it was sitting a pretty much 0 up front
                    Thanks for the info man. My car has been dropped lower than 2.2", so I'm guessing with this setup I'd be sitting at least 0, if not more negative, which is definitely a good thing

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post

Thats how it looked before the SPC camber kit.
                    Thanks Jak...Are those 205/50/16 or 205/55/16? Just to give myself an idea of how low your car is..Looking at the pic it looks like they're a tad on the positive side, but I could be wrong..

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                    From what I have found, the balljoint is the same for the 4th gen as the 5th gen.

I will be using this setup. It gives a full -4 to 4 degree camber adjustment. I have it on my red wagon and will be swapping once I do the swap.

Upper control arm, adjustable
                    Thanks for the info. Have you compared and/or tried the 4th gen Lude LBJ on the 5th gen Lude knuckles? And those adjustable upper control arms look really good..I'm guessing it's $159 for each side? And you have no problems with them hitting the inner fender or anything? How low is your red wagon, if you don't mind me asking? That's very nice, i wonder if they're willing to ship to Canada..

Thanks again for all the help guys

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Thanks for the info. Have you compared and/or tried the 4th gen Lude LBJ on the 5th gen Lude knuckles? And those adjustable upper control arms look really good..I'm guessing it's $159 for each side? And you have no problems with them hitting the inner fender or anything? How low is your red wagon, if you don't mind me asking? That's very nice, i wonder if they're willing to ship to Canada..

Thanks again for all the help guys

Ronald
                      Well the wagon had a 3.5" drop, but my wife did not like the ride that the coilovers gave. So I had to pull the springs from the Seattle Silver wagon(Neuspeed green) and put them in.

On really severe drops, the arm does hit the inner fender. I will be notching my fenders.

On the price, that was what I paid for the set. They came powdercoated in a grey/blk hammered finish.

Here's a pic of the setup: (Upper control arm, Tokico Illuma Pro, Neuspeed)

Hope that helps.

Comment

Yo wagon man that's what's up, I will look into those too...

Comment

The 4th Gen lower balljoint fits the following applications:

ACURA LEGEND (1991 - 1993)
                          ACURA LEGEND GS (1994 - 1995)
                          ACURA LEGEND L (1991 - 1995)
                          ACURA LEGEND LS (1991 - 1995)
                          ACURA LEGEND SE 1995
                          HONDA PRELUDE (1997 - 1998)
                          HONDA PRELUDE 4WS (1993 - 1994)
                          HONDA PRELUDE S (1992 - 1996)
                          HONDA PRELUDE SE 1995
                          HONDA PRELUDE SH (1997 - 1998)
                          HONDA PRELUDE SI (1992 - 1996)

HONDA PRELUDE SI 4WS 1992
                          HONDA PRELUDE VTEC (1993 - 1996)

Hope that helps.

Comment

Okay, I just found out something that may be of interest to you all.

1990 -1993 Accord (including Wagon) Front Bearing Dimensions

- OD 3.307"
                            - W 1.7323"

1997-2001 Prelude (including SH) Front Bearing Dimensions

- OD 3.3071"
                            - W 1.6535"

The measurement I was looking at was the OD. The Prelude one is only 1/10000 of an inch larger!!!

Now I am sure a machine shop can press this bearing into the Accord knuckle. And because it is TRULY pressed in, it does not need the 4 rear bolts that the Accord bearing needs.

Now because the bearing is not as wide as the Accord bearing, it will not protrude as far out as the Accord one will. So, now I will have to get it done and measure to see if the 90-93 drive shaft will fit or a longer one is needed.

I will keep you posted...
                            Last edited by djcaz_aom; 01-05-2009, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                              Okay, I just found out something that may be of interest to you all.

1990 -1991 Accord (including Wagon) Front Bearing Dimensions

- OD 3.307"
                              - W 1.7323"

1997-2001 Prelude (including SH) Front Bearing Dimensions

- OD 3.3071"
                              - W 1.6535"

The measurement I was looking at was the OD. The Prelude one is only 1/10000 of an inch larger!!!

Now I am sure a machine shop can press this bearing into the Accord knuckle. And because it is TRULY pressed in, it does not need the 4 rear bolts that the Accord bearing needs.

Now because the bearing is not as wide as the Accord bearing, it will not protrude as far out as the Accord one will. So, now I will have to get it done and measure to see if the 90-93 drive shaft will fit or a longer one is needed.

I will keep you posted...
                              Good if u own a wagon...

BB4 knuckles work too... if somehow u accidentally pick up some SH knuckles...

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                                Yes and yes. The steering linkage is at the front of those knuckles. Ours are at the rear.
                                actually the linkage for the steering is on the rear, but it's lower to accomodate the trailing edge caliper........

both right side..... Legend on the left, CB on the right

Comment

Working...
                                X