No announcement yet.

baracuda : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welp didnt get them installed, but not for a lack of trying. Hibs did not fit the bearings as they were too big of an OD to be pressed in. back to the drawing board.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

RIP JDM F22B, you gave me 5 years of great service and I will always be thankful for the amazing times you have provided me.

My motor gave up on me 1/2 mile away from work today, huge clang and it was done. Now to find a replacment motor to get it back on the road, I would rather not scrap it as im never going to get any money worth while out of it. but at the same time just dont want to deal with it anymore, we will see what happens.

Comment

Damn that sucks... The best parts of that engine are the head, and the pistons. Any idea on what broke?
        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Sucks to hear, I just lost a motor as well. It's a very upsetting way to start a work day too, I can relate.
          My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
            Damn that sucks... The best parts of that engine are the head, and the pistons. Any idea on what broke?
            Bottom end seems to have seized on me, After it shut off would not even crank over. Nothing blew out so I assume until I am able to open it up that a bearing/piston failure. good news is, is I have a lead on a f221 for a good price that may be in good condition, debating whether or not to swap the head right away or later and just get the car back on the road.

Comment

Not going to let this get to me and will start a new. I have sourced an F22a1 that should be in good shape that I will be swapping my F22B head onto. I have made quite a bit progress already and have the old motor and transmission pulled out and the F22a1 motor on the stand ready to worked on. While the motor is out im going to be doing a full wire tuck and have already started getting the harness pulled for rerouting and will have pics up soon of the progress. Also going to look into rerouting my cruise control to the now vacant evaporator core area test fits look promising. Also on my plate is full front bushing replacement along with brake pads, rotors, calibers rebuilt, bearings, inner/outer tie rods, and upper/lower ball joints.

Huge thank you to BoostLee for helping get this motor.

Comment

What happened to your f22b? I'm considering putting my h23 head on my f22b dohc, the b is leaking all over the place and needs a rebuild. I have done all the maintenance you are going to do, not fun on 20+ year old cars with built up gunk everywhere. Good luck with the headship!
                My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Glad to see a restoration project happening!!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
                    What happened to your f22b? I'm considering putting my h23 head on my f22b dohc, the b is leaking all over the place and needs a rebuild. I have done all the maintenance you are going to do, not fun on 20+ year old cars with built up gunk everywhere. Good luck with the headship!
                    Not sure about the f22b yet as i havent had the time to pull it apart. But the bottom end is so seized that I cracked the crank bolt off by hand with a wrench and no other tools. Its very dirty for sure but im going to start degreasing everything and going to town with a scrub brush and power washer.

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
                    Glad to see a restoration project happening!!
                    Thank you, I was at a hard cross roads and I am still unsure of its future outside of getting it up and running again.

Comment

Some more work done last night, slow but steady hard to find the time to work on it right now but still making progress. Had a buddy over last night and made quick work of de-looming the passenger side harness and getting the most of it re-routed. Still need to finish re-looming the harness section to the fuse box and and then need to figure out what to do with the engine harness section as. The driver side is going to be a big pain in the ass with all the bullshit right in the way.

Comment

So far youre off to a good start
                        NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                        DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                          So far youre off to a good start
                          Thank you, all ways feels good to make progress. Still putting the final touches on the harness, ran short on supplies.

Comment

did you end up having to cut anything like you said?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                            11.68 @ 127mph
                            417whp/375wtq
                            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
                              did you end up having to cut anything like you said?
                              yeah like 4 wires needed to cut(should have de-pinned) because they were interwooven and could not be routed any other way.

Comment

Looks like your making good progress! Keep it up man, too bad I won't be able to see this car's resurrection... post a video up when you do start it up, and take it for its first drive.
                                PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
                                X