Straight Success : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
    And this is why I hate coil overs and just went with a static drop.
    I have no issues with my setup and I'm perfectly content with it.

I feel like you have to find that perfect 'sweet' spot so nothing rubs.

Wow that sounded wrong..but I hope you got my point
    I see it as an advantage. I can adjust my coilovers exactly where I want them. To obtain the handling, rake, and other parameters...

The only thing is, one has to find a quality set, and damping adjustment is a must if you go lower than 2.0" or so. Also remeber that I'm on a 8.0" wide tire.

I'm definitely getting some AMRs, and I'm sure once I get them dialed in, I should have no problems. These F&F are okay for now. They solved my problem, and they do what they're supposed to do.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Ant the car is looking great man! The rubbing looks annoying as hell but i am sure you will get that straightened out.

I found you some oem coupe visors at the junkyard last weekend if you want them.

Phones back on and it is the same number. So hit me up whenever you have a free minute.

Comment

Will do. I'll definitely take them off of your hands.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

New muffler. Awaiting resonator. Will be installing 2.25" mandrel bent pipe from the cat back. Now, hopefully, my car will be quiet enough so I can find this damn vacuum leak.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Car looks great, you put a lot of thought into the mods and it seems like everything is functional not just for looks you know. Good luck with all your future mods.
            That magna flow muffler is nice, i'm going 2 3/4 from hi-flow cat-back, car is so restricted right now.

Comment

Originally posted by F22NVtec View Post
              Car looks great, you put a lot of thought into the mods and it seems like everything is functional not just for looks you know. Good luck with all your future mods.
              That magna flow muffler is nice, i'm going 2 3/4 from hi-flow cat-back, car is so restricted right now.
              I appreciate that. I try my best to do everything tastefully and in moderation. No short cuts and no half-assed-ness over here. Basically you hit the nail on the head, and I'll keep trying to mod it right. I have tons of plans, and some stuff collecting for the bigger pictures.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                I can find this damn vacuum leak.
                In the engine bay? Spray starting fluid around the suspected area with the motor running, listen to the motor.

You'll generally hear the motor idle change a tiny bit. Dont just lay on it, use tiny bursts around suspected leaks.

You'll hear the change in the idle.

Do not spray on the dizzy. Generally if isnt an issue either way. Occasionally throughout the history of backyard mechanics it has started a fire. Generally in a carb'd engine-so dont spray the dizzy.

***Side note***

I do not believe in using starting fluid to start motors. Different conversation, didn't want to give the impression I approve of the product for its intended use.
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I already think I know where the culprit is. I'm replacing every thing under the hood when I do my swap. My swap idea has gotten pushed back die to my internship this summer.

I'll probably let some more parts accumulate, and then swap it when I get back. At least that's what I'm planning now.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

My pride is a little hurt. I just spent $350 to get my exhaust installed. SMDH!

Out with the old...

...and in with the new!

It looks good IMHO. It could've been a little straighter and hung higher, but it is what it is. It sounds really good. Nice and deep, really deep (on the verge of quiet too). I have to let it break in, and see how it holds up sound quality wise.
                    Last edited by Straight Success; 05-01-2012, 02:21 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                      My pride is a little hurt. I just spent $350 to get my exhaust installed. SMDH!

Out with the old...

...and in with the new!

It looks good IMHO. It could've been a little straight and hung higher, but it is what it is. It sounds really good. Nice and deep, really deep (on the verge of quiet too). I have to let it break in, and see how it holds up sound quality wise.
                      I agree. Definatley a nice looking exhaust setup. Hopefully it sounds as nice as it looks too.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Only time will tell.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

you car and the exhaust look awesome ! Any videos of the exhaust ?
                          Instagram: robkhaira

MRT: 1991 EX-R: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post3273952

Comment

Nice ant. Can't wait to hear the exhaust in person. Car is really looking great man.

Comment

i see lot of work done to this cb bro.. interior looks fresh too.
                              AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
                              JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

damn Anthony thats a rip! What size piping did you go with? You definitely could of done a kteller and the parts for a little cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                                X