No announcement yet.

domesticated : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Alive! Finally. Haven't decided if today is a good day or not. I left my girlfriend because she was toxic, but now the honda runs! But ow I have non refundable tickets to Paris that cost as much as the Borg Warner EFR I want... I'd say it's still a good day!
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

From the sound the same nine is making in the video, I'd say it's a good day!

Keep your head up! I know this stuff seems like waste of money sometimes, but we all appreciate the effort and time you've put into it. I enjoy checking on this thing for updates. You seem to do good work, so keep it up!
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

No I mean I had tickets to Paris for my girlfriend and I and now it's lost money I could have spent on a turbo because we broke up lol.

Comment

hmm your situation reminds me of a song I once here...I think the name is "Drunk on a Plane"..Great song and I love Dierks Bentley..... Keep your head up man and glad to hear you got the engine running.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
            hmm your situation reminds me of a song I once here...I think the name is "Drunk on a Plane"..Great song and I love Dierks Bentley..... Keep your head up man and glad to hear you got the engine running.
            Haha thanks. Maybe I'll take my dad instead lol.

Comment

I need to put a new lf ball joint in, must have tore the boot when I installed it before. Should be drivable at that point! Hopefully I can drive it today!

Comment

Drove the Honda two blocks today lol. Ordered a base map from HA motors because the S300 one is terrible and last time I tried tuning off that map I spent a lot of time chasing my tail. I'll work on some other things this weekend.

Comment

Soooo how did it drive?

Comment

Nice! Can't wait for some driving vids!

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                      Soooo how did it drive?
                      Like shit
                      Power steering isn't running yet.
                      Clutch is super not friendly.
                      Engine runs like garbage, but I got the fuel safe so I don't hurt anything.
                      And the suspension is a mess...

I'll get the power steering running tomorrow.
                      Hopefully the clutch breaks in or I can change the fluid and bleed, or maybe the linkage needs adjustment.
                      HA Motorsports basemap should be here Monday.
                      Some Intercomp SW500 scales will be here on Tuesday hopefully. Need to figure out the spring rates and ride heights for the new suspension setup.

I need some info. If anyone knows the weights or has some of these parts laying around they could measure that would be helpful. I don't want to take my corners all apart unless I have to.
                      Weights
                      Front
                      Knuckle/Hub/Bearing 19.2
                      LCA 2
                      UCA 1.5
                      Wheel/Tire 42
                      Caliper 12
                      Brake Rotor 13.6
                      Coilover 10
                      Effective Unsprung Weight 91
                      Rear
                      Knuckle/Hub/Bearing 15
                      LCA 2
                      UCA 1.5
                      Wheel/Tire 42
                      Caliper 7
                      Brake Rotor 10
                      Coilover 10
                      Trailing Arm 5
                      Effective Unsprung Weight 73

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                        Like shit

I need some info. If anyone knows the weights or has some of these parts laying around they could measure that would be helpful. I don't want to take my corners all apart unless I have to.
                        Weights
                        Front
                        Knuckle/Hub/Bearing 19.2
                        LCA 2
                        UCA 1.5
                        Wheel/Tire 42
                        Caliper 12
                        Brake Rotor 13.6
                        Coilover 10
                        Effective Unsprung Weight 91
                        Rear
                        Knuckle/Hub/Bearing 15
                        LCA 2
                        UCA 1.5
                        Wheel/Tire 42
                        Caliper 7
                        Brake Rotor 10
                        Coilover 10
                        Trailing Arm 5
                        Effective Unsprung Weight 73

haha. well hope it improves. So you need the weight of the items in red? and they have to be OEM parts?

Comment

Yes the red ones. Also the axles! The coil overs are currently FnF and the rear lowers are FFC (I've actually seen the weights of those posted somewhere).

Comment

Got the new base map. Works pretty good, but past 3k and mild engine load she needs a lot of work. I did about 20 minutes of driving to get some rough numbers. Gonna update the fuel map tonight and then break the engine in this week hopefully and get some tuning done.

Comment

Got the new base map. Works pretty good, but past 3k and mild engine load she needs a lot of work. I did about 20 minutes of driving to get some rough numbers. Gonna update the fuel map tonight and then break the engine in this week hopefully and get some tuning done.
                              I would also make sure your not having some sort of spark/grounding issue. Glad to see you back at it better then ever, look forward to more updates.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

I'm jealous. I've always wanted to learn how to do what you are doing right now...

Comment

Working...
                                X