No announcement yet.

dj_ender : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What fabric? looks like it'd feel awkward. I suggest you redo them edges if possible or it will pill.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Well today with the help of dvswoo, we finally install my Boston separates, heres a few pics:

I also updated my mods list to reflect the current mods done.
      Originally posted by Mishakol129
      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Decided to take a couple pics of my car since I just detailed it for a cruise/meet tomorrow morning. Just thought I'd share:

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
          If I can score this job, look for a high compression build...
          So ... any news on the job?

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
            So ... any news on the job?
            Never got it....

Comment

Bummer, well I'm pulling for you. I hope to hear some good news about a job soon as well.

Comment

Oh I have a job, just didn't the really good paying one I wanted.

Comment

Clean sedan bro, I thought about putting a 4x6 component plate where you put your tweeters, for a 3way component setup. it looks almost oem the way you did it though

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Everything is going on tomorrow, besides the Koni's and shock bushings, I just ordered them. Also adding a new front cross member and LCAs (not pictured).

Last edited by dj_ender; 07-16-2013, 04:49 AM.

Comment

IMO it is super easy to do struts when you are doing the ball joints, plus you will have to split the ball joints to install the struts anyway running the risk of damaging your new ball joints.

I'm running a fairly similar setup myself and did it all in a couple of days.

Do you have a bushing press? That part was the hardest and most time consuming other than trying to get my pass LCA out because the auto transmission is in the way.

I have a spare set of top hats from my install if you need them they are yours, just pay shipping, that way you can assemble the struts before pulling your car apart, just need dust bellows then.
                      Last edited by wildBill83; 07-16-2013, 05:27 AM.

Comment

IMO it is super easy to do struts when you are doing the ball joints, plus you will have to split the ball joints to install the struts anyway running the risk of damaging your new ball joints.

I'm running a fairly similar setup myself and did it all in a couple of days.

Do you have a bushing press? That part was the hardest and most time consuming other than trying to get my pass LCA out because the auto transmission is in the way.

I have a spare set of top hats from my install if you need them they are yours, just pay shipping, that way you can assemble the struts before pulling your car apart, just need dust bellows then.
                        I don't have a press, but I'm going to rent one so I can install the LBJs correctly. If not I can get a torch and hacksaw.

Unfortunately I can't install the struts at the same time as the other suspension pieces. I am going on a week long vacation and I have to get all this stuff done by the 1st, and I have 2 days off in a row starting tomorrow, so I HAVE to get the bulk of the work done then. And then hopefully get the struts/shocks in this Saturday after they get here.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Comment

The LBJ press and the bushing press are very different, but I would think still faster than burning and hacksawing the old rubber out.

I don't envy the work you are about to put in, I would rather do motor swaps than suspension swaps any day. I hope your bolts are in good condition on the bottom of the struts, I had serious problems with mine being seized.

Comment

The LBJ press and the bushing press are very different, but I would think still faster than burning and hacksawing the old rubber out.

I don't envy the work you are about to put in, I would rather do motor swaps than suspension swaps any day. I hope your bolts are in good condition on the bottom of the struts, I had serious problems with mine being seized.
                            DON'T YOU PUT THAT ON ME RICKY BOBBY!!!

Damn I was hoping I could use the same tool for both jobs... Never really messed with presses, guess I should get familiar real quick, lol.

Comment

One tip that helped me press in my LBJs was to freeze the ball joints in the deep freeze before pressing them in the knuckle, then coat the knuckle mating surface with moly lube before going at it.

Do you have snap ring pliers? You will need them also for the Moog problem solvers.

Comment

One tip that helped me press in my LBJs was to freeze the ball joints in the deep freeze before pressing them in the knuckle, then coat the knuckle mating surface with moly lube before going at it.

Do you have snap ring pliers? You will need them also for the Moog problem solvers.
                                The LBJs?

Comment

Working...
                                X