No announcement yet.

dj_ender : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup they should have come with a large snap ring. You press it in then put the snap ring on to help retain it. OEM doesn't have it though so some see it as optional.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
      OEM doesn't have it though so some see it as optional.

Only the tie rod ends and the UCAs are Moog, LBJs are OEM Sankei.
      Originally posted by Mishakol129
      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

There was a FSB to add the snap rings, if you want the OEM number for the ring (if you decided to install them) let me know. I have it saved on a spread sheet from when I did my suspension. That LBJ has the snap ring groove it looks like. OEM LBJs to this day come from Honda without the snap ring but with the required groove and the recommendation to use one.

PS your Moog has nipples.... I just wanted to say nipple. But yeah, that is awesome for longevity especially when paired with the poly boots you got on there from energy suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
          There was a FSB to add the snap rings, if you want the OEM number for the ring (if you decided to install them) let me know. I have it saved on a spread sheet from when I did my suspension. That LBJ has the snap ring groove it looks like. OEM LBJs to this day come from Honda without the snap ring but with the required groove and the recommendation to use one.

PS your Moog has nipples.... I just wanted to say nipple. But yeah, that is awesome for longevity especially when paired with the poly boots you got on there from energy suspension.
          Damn things don't come with a new castle nut or cotter pin either.... cost me $8 to get them.

Heh, yeah I was happy to see the nipple. Lol, I said nipple too. I also have a LCA bushing set on the way, partial payment from a friend for doing his head gasket this weekend.
          Last edited by dj_ender; 07-16-2013, 06:41 AM.

Comment

That's how you know it is truly OEM, when they nickle and dime you for things that should be cheap and common. I use Harbor Freight generic cotter pins. $8 for 1000 in 5 different sizes was a steal. I wish I had a cheaper source for castle nuts too but I have a collection of them from other suspension work that aren't mangled that I re-use.

Comment

And as far as the lower shock bolts go, I SHOULD be ok. They have been off sometime in the past. The owner before me installed some Eibach Pro springs, hence my Koni Strt.t purchase.

Comment

Nice! So just PB Blaster them the night before and you should be good to go. If you need the torque specs for the whole suspension from the FSM just let me know (you might have an FSM already).

I know there is also a torque spec thread stickied somewhere...

Sounds like you are just about ready then.

I need to get some rest, I have black housed headlights to install on the coupe tomorrow (actually today). I'm thinking of messing with the F22A1 some more tomorrow and finishing my F22A removal thread as well. I pulled the motor and set it on the floor then went to town gutting the sedan's suspension and lost heart and have let it sit for a week now.
                Last edited by wildBill83; 07-16-2013, 06:55 AM.

Comment

I could actually use the specs for the LCA to chassis torque spec and the spec for the radius rod to LCA. I believe the others are all in said thread. Oh I need the spec for the bolts on the front cross member, the 6 on the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                    I could actually use the specs for the LCA to chassis torque spec and the spec for the radius rod to LCA. I believe the others are all in said thread. Oh I need the spec for the bolts on the front cross member, the 6 on the bottom.
                    OK, I'll scan the suspension pages in a few hours when I get up to work on my CBs.

BTW your axle showed up yesterday, now I have some motivation to work on the sedan again.

Comment

Sounds good, thanks. Seepy time for me.

Axle? You mean your seals? lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                        Sounds good, thanks. Seepy time for me.

Axle? You mean your seals? lol.
                        ^
                        Proof I need sleep...

Comment

On my way to hooking up the scanner I took a look at your updated photos. Do you have a 9293 front and a 9091 rear?

I have a spare trunk lid from my '92 sedan or my '93 coupe if you are interested. I'm not sure what one to put the vigor flushie on yet. I'm not sure what it would cost to ship either.

Off to the scanner... tra la la

EDIT:
                          Torque specs - http://db.tt/FO5xo8Wa
                          Last edited by wildBill83; 07-16-2013, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Yeah..... it's a 91 trunk lid... Long story, but short version is I traded my all clears to someone for their OEM tails and I paid $30 on top. Only after I got home did I realize they were the wrong lights (this was before i joined here and knew better. So I go back to the guy and try to get my tails back, no go. So I asked about getting his trunk, which he did. I STILL hate it to this day.

I can get one cheaper than ship[ping would be, thanks though.

And thanks for the pdf!

ninja edit.... Install complete!...after 8 hours of fighting the LBJs and cleaning my axles.
                            Last edited by dj_ender; 07-17-2013, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Bushings and all? You are a mad man!

Comment

digging that 2 tone, what the fabric material that you used?
                                FRIENDS
                                DONT LET
                                FRIENDS
                                ROLL ON
                                ROTA'S

Comment

Working...
                                X