Scolirk : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
    That's a shame. Body looks pretty rough, but as always, if it's cheap enough...

The coupes are harder to find, but they're around. The most common ones I see are Seattle Silver with maroon interior and automatic.

I know where there's a nice clean 90 Phoenix Red LX coupe sitting, that needs a clutch, but the guy who has it keeps refusing my offers, so I finally told him to pound sand.
    Poor car was a write off. But I should really focus on what I have before buying more cars :P

My plan is to buy the rims tuesday and replace the busted tire with a cheap winter. Our winters in Niagara are pathetic, I think we had 4 days of snow last year. I'm also going to see if I can get some Dupli-Color in the gray at Canadian Tire and fix up the rear bumper.

I was tempted to paint the side mouldings and mirrors, but I'm not sure if I should. I've got a spare set of mirrors, so I'll try to paint those to test it out.

I think I'm going to feel a hell of a lot better about my car once the paint is fixed up and the rims are on. It's really all I plan to do with it before winter anyway. That, and finding a local car club that I can take part in

Comment

clean! really reminded me of my old cb.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

My girlfriend and I took a bit of a drive out to Pelham and I took a few artistic shots.

I've given up on covering up my plate. At the end of the day I don't really care :P
        Last edited by Scolirk; 10-21-2012, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Lookin' goooood!
          90-91 FTW

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by kouzie View Post
            clean! really reminded me of my old cb.
            I can see the resemblance! I'd love to end up with a car like yours, it's just going to take me some time and effort. Not many parts out my way unfortunately :/

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
            Lookin' goooood!
            90-91 FTW
            9091 any day! I'm pretty happy finding this bad boy. Few things need to be done then I'll be totally satisfied with it's progress

Comment

Nice photos. Gorgeous backdrop with the sunset.

Niagara region is so beautiful. I'd move back to Ontario if it wasn't so damn expensive there.

Comment

Nice photos. Gorgeous backdrop with the sunset.

Niagara region is so beautiful. I'd move back to Ontario if it wasn't so damn expensive there.
                Give me a shout if you decide to, I'll find you a nice place in/around here and not too expensive.

Comment

I've got family in Mississauga and Orangeville, so I'd move back there. Jobs...that's the other difficult thing there. Whole reason I moved out here.

Comment

I've got family in Mississauga and Orangeville, so I'd move back there. Jobs...that's the other difficult thing there. Whole reason I moved out here.
                    I hear ya, friend of mine was out in Calgary for a few years but ended up moving back to Toronto a couple years ago. I was lucky enough with my last job to spend a month in Alberta. If I wasn't starting a family here I'd probably move out that way.

The job market here is kinda crappy, I've been unemployed since January but I just finished training and will be starting in Nov if all goes well this week. I'm going to need the income to support my new Honda addiction!

Comment

Where in Alberta did you work? I've been here since '09.

I used to work for Chrysler and Honda part suppliers when I lived in Ontario. Did a couple other odd jobs too, but the lack of steady work and stuff forced me to move out here.

3 years out here and I'm bored of it. I miss "home", I miss my family, I miss my friends. But, living out here is paying the bills and somewhat getting me somewhere. I have a good job (not exactly high salary, but sufficient to live on) at a dealership and I'm happy. So, I'll stick with it for now I guess.

Comment

Where in Alberta did you work? I've been here since '09.

I used to work for Chrysler and Honda part suppliers when I lived in Ontario. Did a couple other odd jobs too, but the lack of steady work and stuff forced me to move out here.

3 years out here and I'm bored of it. I miss "home", I miss my family, I miss my friends. But, living out here is paying the bills and somewhat getting me somewhere. I have a good job (not exactly high salary, but sufficient to live on) at a dealership and I'm happy. So, I'll stick with it for now I guess.
                        I was with IBM Logistics here in Mississauga, but it required me to travel out to the various parts facilities we had across Canada. I made two trips to Calgary in Feb '11 and Edmonton twice in April and June I believe. I was sent all around Canada before I rage-quit in Jan.

I got a chance to visit a lot in Alberta when I was there, but being on the job the whole time meant I didn't have a chance to properly see everything the province has to offer. I'd definitely like to visit again. I envision a cross-Canada road trip with my CB, I just don't see myself getting the GF seal of approval on that one. One can dream though...

Comment

Originally posted by Scolirk
                          I can see the resemblance! I'd love to end up with a car like yours, it's just going to take me some time and effort. Not many parts out my way unfortunately :/
                          Yup, only time and money shall do.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Just bought these:

I realized after putting on a rim that my lugs are a tad too long since they were designed for the stock steel rims. I'm off to the local wrecker once the weather clears up. I assume finding the lugs off a CD5 will fit correctly?

As for the rims, they are all in pretty decent shape, I'd say 9/10. The caps on the other hand are more like 4/10 but a quick wash cleaned up some of the dirt. If I find a set of 4 at the wrecker I'll pick them all up. I need at least 1 as I only got 3 with the purchase.

Hopefully I'll have some success to post later today.

Comment

So I picked the set of 4 rims up for $120, and spent another $129 to replace the blown out tire for the driver side. Also found out the rear passenger tire's valve is F'd so that needs to be replaced tomorrow morning. Add another $30 for that.

At the end of the day everything worked out. I picked up 16 short lugs and 4 new caps at the wrecker and everything seems to be good. No sense cleaning the rims with the crappy weather we're having, so I'll just wait until the new year.

Also, one of the tires has a small bulge on the side, is this something I should be worried about? IE blow out while driving on the highway?

Comment

Looks nice with the CD5 rims.

And yes, i'd get that bulge checked out by a tire shop before you make any extended trips.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Working...
                                X