No announcement yet.

Pinchmyhandle : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have ripped my bumper off plenty of times at friends house.i wised up and removed all my clips and screws besides 2 so I take it off quickly.My ebay header leaks in the same spot so I tried the percy's metal gasket and it blew it up too. So now I run no gasket and it doesn't leak, just a slight whistle when im taking off.

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
      I have ripped my bumper off plenty of times at friends house.i wised up and removed all my clips and screws besides 2 so I take it off quickly.My ebay header leaks in the same spot so I tried the percy's metal gasket and it blew it up too. So now I run no gasket and it doesn't leak, just a slight whistle when im taking off.
      No gasket at all, never thought about that. Well I'm gonna see how well this works out, but that is an option for the future. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

I had the same issue with ripping my bumper off (its happened about 8 times to me now. Drove over it once too).

An easy fix for where all the clips go is to drill an extra hole above the one for the clips into the bumper support. With this extra hole, you can run some zipties through it to attach the bumper. This makes the bumper easier to remove and will break away easy. Plus, zipties are really easy to replace. However, if you use really good zipties, they hold up to scraping your front lip when coming out of or going into driveways.

Currently, I have to ziptie the ends of my bumper onto some holes in the fender (uses the tabs for the fender liner). I want to get those quick releases that bolt into the fender and bumper. Those will definitely be stronger.

Comment

OK, got the replacement parts, and went to work. But first, check out that stiff suspension...

New lesson learned. Different brand exhaust parts don't always match. Was only able to get two of the three bolts on the collector to match the new down pipe.

After some milling and modification to the new pipe, it all went together. Sounds terrific. And we were able to tuck that pipe up tighter so it won't scrape as much.

Big props to my best friends helping me out that night. I couldn't have done it without them.

Comment

My car is having issues. I took it for a long drive the other night, and it started popping fuses all over. My Cluster/tail light, wiper, and alarm lights all popped during the drive. I haven't added anything different recently. I changed the fuses and all seems fine. Any ideas what caused them all to fail at once?

Comment

EMP blast...

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Big day for me today. Finally got my fog lights installed. It went pretty smooth, and I used some door edge trim to make a gasket for them. All in all I'm very happy.

Comment

Dear Lord,

Will you please make one of these days just right? Not too warm, not too cold, not to windy or rainy...no snow.

And on this day, can I please have free time. Time not allocated to my girlfriend, family, job, or other...just my self.

And given the perfect day, that is all my own, give me the money to spend the entire day with my poor CB7. It needs a wash, a wax, a mean vacuuming, and a vigorous detail.

Thank you Lord, that is all I want.

Comment

One more shot of that front end...yay or nay?

Comment

Looks good man, nice work

Comment

Looks dang good keep it up!
                        " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

Love it.
                          1990 Accord EX

Comment

Thanks everyone. Hope this weekend I can get some more work done. Always improving.

Comment

Car has been cleaned...again.

Comment

I stumbled into a bit of extra money. So I was trying to decide between taking my CB7 in to get the body and paint work done, or picking up a new daily driver so I can put up the CB7 and use it mainly as a show/toy car. What do you all think???

Comment

Working...
                                X