No announcement yet.

cp[mike] : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas cars have the misfortune of existing in the other extreme, though. Severe heat beating down on a car all day long just wears out paint. When paint is worn out, it's not as protected and will rust all the same. The Pacific Northwest and California seem to have the best selection.

You don't have any preference to a '93 over a '92? I'd prefer that your car be found, but I'd be glad to help you look online for a replacement in the meantime.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I wish you could find something like this in your area. 2 hour drive from myself. But it looks like whoever owned it took care of it. They repainted it even. Looks decent. I always keep my eye on craigslist around my area. I'm still trying to find the right sedan.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/5225324601.html
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Here's a black one in Seattle.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/5216223736.html
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

i can probably get this one aleast checked for rust for you.

http://tricities.craigslist.org/cto/5204604969.html
          CB7TUNER.com
          Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

I don't mean to speak for Mike, but he probably wants a sunroof. He's owned LX cars in the past, so maybe I'm wrong, but it seems the recent trend has been toward EX coupes.

Comment

cool, i'll run with that assumption until different is said.
              That one looked fairly unmolested and rust free and I have a friend who lives there, loves 90's Honda and is a car guy.
              EDIT:< looks at sig again and says "DOH"
              Last edited by cb9love; 09-27-2015, 06:35 PM.
              CB7TUNER.com
              Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Yup, I'm pretty set on specifically a 92-93 EX (or SE) coupe. I want a sunroof, and 2 doors. Not a fan of 90-91, and I don't think there's any difference between 92 and 93.

I plan to paint whatever car I get completely Frost White, so the original color doesn't matter too much. The lighter the better, so I tend to look for white or grey. But dark grey came with the beautiful grey interior...

I could possibly deal with an Auto, but really it's more mess and work than it's worth and I still would need to find additional parts and do some welding. So I am looking mainly for a Manual, but if I find an SE coupe that is clean enough, I figure I would ignore the auto aspect...

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                Wow that one is very clean. That's the sort of thing I would be looking for. I suspect I would be willing to travel to pick one up, as long as it's within say... 15 or so hours away? Could maybe go further if I take a day off from work. Assuming the car could handle the road trip, that is. Anything that far away would likely need to be next summer.

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                I wish you could find something like this in your area. 2 hour drive from myself. But it looks like whoever owned it took care of it. They repainted it even. Looks decent. I always keep my eye on craigslist around my area. I'm still trying to find the right sedan.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/5225324601.html
                Man, that looks actually very nice. Though I am wary of cars that have already been painted by the previous owner. No idea what was underneath it originally. At least with stock paint, even if its in bad shape, you know what you have and you aren't adding a THIRD layer on top. While it looks fancy, I am not a fan of Pearlesque paint, I want stock, fresh, crisp Frost White. Also, it's easier to match in the future. That's pretty much what I want my coupe to look like, though - I plan to paint the mouldings.
                Last edited by cp[mike]; 09-27-2015, 07:06 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                  Wow that one is very clean. That's the sort of thing I would be looking for. I suspect I would be willing to travel to pick one up, as long as it's within say... 15 or so hours away? Could maybe go further if I take a day off from work. Assuming the car could handle the road trip, that is. Anything that far away would likely need to be next summer.
                  When I bought my Accord in Seattle in July 2014, Nolan (c91bse7) went up there to look at it for me. He's from Olympia, so maybe he could be convinced to check this one out, too. He's a pretty discerning eye, too, so no worries about some highschool kid seeing the muffler and yellow shocks and giving you the go-ahead straight from there.

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                  Man, that looks actually very nice. Though I am wary of cars that have already been painted by the previous owner. No idea what was underneath it originally. At least with stock paint, even if its in bad shape, you know what you have and you aren't adding a THIRD layer on top. While it looks fancy, I am not a fan of Pearlesque paint, I want stock, fresh, crisp Frost White. Also, it's easier to match in the future. That's pretty much what I want my coupe to look like, though - I plan to paint the mouldings.
                  The other thing about cars with modified lighting or electronics is how well the wiring was done. Also, I'd never trust the work of someone who put Focal rims on a car. Especially F10s.

Also, the only real difference between the 1992s and the 1993 was the Hadsys air compressor.

Comment

No doubt on any of that stuff. I just thought the paint was nice, I don't like the pearlesque paint myself. But the body is straight.
                    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Hey Mike, I am really sorry to hear about your ride man. I have never experienced that and hopefully never do. No one should.

I hope you find something clean, I was looking forward to seeing your progress with this.

Comment

Oh Noes!!!!! Sorry to hear that, a clean CB at this point is hard to come by.
                        http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Sorry to hear about your car. Here is a 93 SE coupe in Arizona: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5236762573.html

Comment

That ad is weird. A private seller for an odd price of $1295? And those pictures...

Comment

Yeah a little odd for sure. Pics do suck. Driver's seat probably looks like hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808 View Post
                                Sorry to hear about your car. Here is a 93 SE coupe in Arizona: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5236762573.html
                                Thanks for the link, I am going to contact them in the morning and ask for more pics.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                                Current cars:
                                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                                X