CB7Denmark : 1993 Accord EXi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tommi View Post
    HORY SHIEET LOL a tad bit excited are ya? lol congrats!

It was a combination of me putting things together correctly and the fact that its been since September 14' since i drove in it, haha. Yes, im very excited for this car, i like it a lot, more than your average Joe.

This car rolled out of the factory on my very birthday, so the car is kinda special to me, it was made in December 22 1993, and i was born in 1990 on the very same date.
    Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

It's been a couple of sad days :/

Completely lost all of my motivation to keep on..

I have a friend in US who wants to help me get my hands on a Delta cam, if it were not for him, i would have abandoned this project once and for all.

Turns out BISI, somehow managed to ship me a stock A6 camshaft, without the lvl 2 regrind, so i actually lost power compared to my A3 cam, which could probably have made more power, much more..

I complained to Bisi, in return asked a bunch of questions, to which i replied , since then, i haven't heard from Bisi/Janet/whoever at all, i know he/she read my messages though.

This is a major set back, the tune cost me 900USD, cam was 590USD shipped to Denmark.

The gains were most likely from my porting job alone.

Here's some dyno sheets.

Before the tune, i ran I/H/E, H22A Plenum and TB, made 158hp at the flywheel.

After the PnP job, and Bisi lvl 2 cam + tune on NepTune i gained a whopping, WAIT FOR IT, 5 hp and a slightly better power curve, impressive huh?

WITH BISI CAM, PORTED HEAD AND TUNE ON NepTune

BEFORE BISI CAM, PORTED HEAD AND NEPTUNE, JUST STOCK HEAD AND CAM, I/H/E H22A PLENUM AND TB VS NEW SETUP

Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

Don't give up on Bisi. Keep sending him messages and make him do what's right.

Is it just the profile that makes you think that you got a stock camshaft? What did it look like when you took it out of the box? Does it have any WebCams numbering on it that you could reference and call them on?
        Last edited by Jarrett; 07-01-2015, 12:59 AM.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          Don't give up on Bisi. Keep sending him messages and make him do what's right.

Is it just the profile that makes you think that you got a stock camshaft? What did it look like when you took it out of the box? Does it have any WebCams numbering on it that you could reference and call them on?
          More like the power curve hasn't changed one bit, both me and my tuner agreed that something was not right, we didn't see the curve change as expected, its basically just a slightly better flowing version of a stock example, if you understand what i mean?

I'm going to dial the cam, when i feel i got time to do that, but right now i'm gonna take a couple of days off, from the project.
          Probably not very long, cause i got ADHD about that car.

I got this picture, i can barely make out the numbers, i remember the other end of the camshaft had a "WEBCAM" stamp, and 2 digits.

Looks like it says: 150 * P45, the last 3 stamps is very blurry.

Thats out of the box btw:

Here how it looked like:

I do wanna check the lifters to see if they are still in spec, i think the tick is pretty loud, or maybe the Bisi springs make them tick a little louder due to the added strength of the stronger springs, idk.
          Last edited by CB7Denmark; 03-09-2017, 05:58 PM. Reason: Tons of typos, damn.

Comment

Hmm, your experience and that of Wagon r - who took the time to measure the cam and found it out of spec, is starting to make me wonder as well.

I went on faith when I found that Webcams was doing the real work, and you know the numbers I am getting.

I should have measured and dialed myself, but I am a victim of the classic noob syndrome of "buy it and put it on dere now!"
            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
              Hmm, your experience and that of Wagon r - who took the time to measure the cam and found it out of spec, is starting to make me wonder as well.

I went on faith when I found that Webcams was doing the real work, and you know the numbers I am getting.

I should have measured and dialed myself, but I am a victim of the classic noob syndrome of "buy it and put it on dere now!"
              Well, great minds think alike, or in this case noobs

It would make a lot of sense in your case.

I did eyeball the cams (noob alert) for quite a while and found them strikingly similar, seemed weird i wouldn't be able to tell the difference on the duration, lvl2 is a 262 cam, stock is 192, i did get a bad feeling back then and well yea, now i'm here, i was expecting 190ish @ the flywheel.

Maybe RG means that its a regrind, idk.

I just keep starring at the dyno sheet.
              Last edited by CB7Denmark; 07-01-2015, 04:12 AM.

Comment

That sucks, man. I saw your post on fb about this. I would bug bisi to no end until they fix this. It's happened a few times with forum members and it's unacceptable to be sending out out of spec cams, especially at bisi prices. Good luck going forward.

Comment

buggin bisi isnt gonna compensate for him paying to tune his car. which he will have to do again. sucks to hear. hopefully u hear something back soon
                  <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

I have a few questions.

Did you receive and generously apply the Webcam Lube on the lobes and journals before you installed the cam?

Did you and the tuner check valve lash to make sure it wasn't too tight? It sounds like it should be looser to me from your first start up.

If that was your very first startup, then I am concerned that you didn't follow Web cam startup procedure and keep the revs at 2k for the first 15 to 20 minutes to break in the cam. Also, did you use regular motor oil with a break in additive, or just a high weight oil at least? Please tell me you didn't start that cam up with synthetic oil.

Is that last picture very recent, as in you just took the Bisi cam out? I think it would be wise for you to uninstall it to check for wear on the lobes. Too much friction between rocker arms and lobes would hurt power.
                    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                      I have a few questions.

Did you receive and generously apply the Webcam Lube on the lobes and journals before you installed the cam?

Did you and the tuner check valve lash to make sure it wasn't too tight? It sounds like it should be looser to me from your first start up.

If that was your very first startup, then I am concerned that you didn't follow Web cam startup procedure and keep the revs at 2k for the first 15 to 20 minutes to break in the cam. Also, did you use regular motor oil with a break in additive, or just a high weight oil at least? Please tell me you didn't start that cam up with synthetic oil.

Is that last picture very recent, as in you just took the Bisi cam out? I think it would be wise for you to uninstall it to check for wear on the lobes. Too much friction between rocker arms and lobes would hurt power.
                      Plenty of webcam lube were applied, 10W/40 non-synthetic oil was used from Castrol.
                      Regarding the procedure, that seems to change based on the country you're in, here in Denmark, it's different i.e
                      You keep your revs at 2500 for 20 minutes, we do keep it @ less than 2500 and even idle is acceptable. 1700 to 2000 rpm for 10 minutes, i checked multiple time that the cam was oiled, and it checked out.

Break-in happen after the video btw.

Im going to take the valvetrain apart and inspect the cam and lifters, then im going to put the A3 cam back in, hopefully it will run fine with the map it got.

All the pictures were taken prior to installation, so i havent taken anything part yet.

Valvelash was set to 0.25mm and 0.30mm, i couldnt get the exact 0.23mm and 0.28mm due to my feeler gauges.

I don't feel like the engine/cam has suffered from premature wear, the engine is running to well for that. I've seen pictures of what happens, the lobes completely get worn down, i can hardly imagine any engine would even be able to start, if this were the case.
                      Last edited by CB7Denmark; 07-02-2015, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Just checked the valvetrain with the cover off, there is absolutely no sign of premature wear, i cant get a proper look on the followers but from what i can see, everything looks fine.

I'm gonna pull the cam anyway in the process of degreeing the cam.
                        Bisi responded me with a bunch of questions when i notified him about my issue, among the questions was head CFM sheet, which i obviously does not have, thats a $500 job, and then he asked me to check valve opening and closing times, so im gonna do that but swap my A3 cam instead in process, if im lucky, it will make 170hp, i don't actually feel safe when running that Bisi cam, haven't driven much either, only yesterday, the sun was shining and we had 28 degrees Celsius, i had to.
                        Last edited by CB7Denmark; 07-02-2015, 11:38 AM. Reason: Did i just quote myself? Im gonna take a nap.

Comment

Figured i'd show you guys which A.M companies i trust my money with.

They are all German brands. I have never bought STARK brake discs before, but i am somewhat comfortable with the quality. 2 Discs where around 55USD
                          Mahle needs no further introduction, that's a 11USD oilfilter, i think its cheap, i always used Mahle Oilfilters on my CB7.
                          Victor Reinz is a reputable German company that excels in sealings, this is a crankshaft sealing for my transmission swap.
                          Rear pads are from NK, another German company i trust, these pads were around 20USD. They won't last as long as OEM pads, but they are good enough.

From time to time, i need to buy aftermarket parts, i work part time, and paychecks can vary as much as 1700$. These parts are excellent to the price. I always choose Mahle oil filters though.

Next month should allow me to do the transmission swap, and when i get through to Delta, hopefully they will be able to ship the cam, so i can install it sometime in September.
                          Last edited by CB7Denmark; 08-23-2015, 10:01 AM.

Comment

I've used Mahle and Victor Reinz products before. I was unaware of their origin.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                              I've used Mahle and Victor Reinz products before. I was unaware of their origin.
                              Victor Reinz make industrial sealings for huge hydraulic pistons etc, etc.
                              I don't doubt their quality, and you can literally feel it when you're holding the crankshaft sealing in your hand.

Comment

It seems like the Asia most wanted JDM SI-T black interior came as standard in Denmark.
                                -My Member Ride thread-
                                -JL store-

Comment

Working...
                                X