No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figured why not. Might as well get the good out of the tires and the engine.

Comment

Didn't that year a4 have tons of problems burning oil? my cousin had an 09, and finally audi took it back because it was burning more than 5 quarts of oil every 3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Theos92VR4 View Post
        Didn't that year a4 have tons of problems burning oil? my cousin had an 09, and finally audi took it back because it was burning more than 5 quarts of oil every 3 weeks.
        GF's grandfather owns the dealership, so I'm taken care of regardless of what happens which is his statement not mine. If anything happens to the car he will take it back and give me the full amount I've paid up until that point into another vehicle interest included. I liked everything about the car, the price was very decent and it has only 31,000 miles on it.

Only downside in the whole deal is I have to take a day off to jump on a plane and drive it back from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. But w/e. That's cool I guess.

The CB7 is fucked. It started to overheat today and I had to pull over, find a beer bottle to get water from a fucking ditch to put in the radiator. So yeah... I'll take the Audi...

EDIT... And I must add, I always keep a gallon of distilled water in the trunk. But when I went to leave work today it took the whole gallon and then still pulled it's BS on the way home, which is 3 miles. Not that I'm upset with the car or anything. It's been more than good to me. I just don't have the time to mess with it and once again, the home owners association doesn't allow me to work on automobiles here unless it's in the garage which has a 16 foot bass boat in it.
        Last edited by H311RA151N; 11-17-2015, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
          GF's grandfather owns the dealership, so I'm taken care of regardless of what happens which is his statement not mine. If anything happens to the car he will take it back and give me the full amount I've paid up until that point into another vehicle interest included. I liked everything about the car, the price was very decent and it has only 31,000 miles on it.

Only downside in the whole deal is I have to take a day off to jump on a plane and drive it back from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. But w/e. That's cool I guess.

The CB7 is fucked. It started to overheat today and I had to pull over, find a beer bottle to get water from a fucking ditch to put in the radiator. So yeah... I'll take the Audi...

EDIT... And I must add, I always keep a gallon of distilled water in the trunk. But when I went to leave work today it took the whole gallon and then still pulled it's BS on the way home, which is 3 miles. Not that I'm upset with the car or anything. It's been more than good to me. I just don't have the time to mess with it and once again, the home owners association doesn't allow me to work on automobiles here unless it's in the garage which has a 16 foot bass boat in it.
          as long as you are taken care of then, you should be good!

I hear you on the ditch thing. When my heater hose blew out this summer I had to find a soda bottle and get water from a lake in order to fill it back up with water lol

Comment

Originally posted by Theos92VR4 View Post
            as long as you are taken care of then, you should be good!

I hear you on the ditch thing. When my heater hose blew out this summer I had to find a soda bottle and get water from a lake in order to fill it back up with water lol
            I've heard the oil consumption thing from a couple people now. I hope it doesn't have any issues as I'd really like to keep the car. I guess we will see how it goes.

Well, I don't feel so alone on the getting water from a ditch scenario.

Here in IA glass bottles are $0.05 a piece. I happened to walk into a storage closet at work last week to troubleshoot a smoke head for the fire alarm system and found boxes upon boxes of beer bottles. Luckily that was the day I had to get water from a ditch. It didn't dawn on me until after I had spent a min or so looking for a bottle of some kind that I had them. lol

Comment

I've added another bottle of K&W head gasket sealant and to my surprise it's helped once again and the car is now driveable. Who knows when it will go to shit again but in the meantime I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. I imagine the head gasket sealant is ruining this engine however it's keeping it running and I don't wish to repair this engine anyways.

This morning, 11/21/15 sitting in the driveway. We received somewhere in the neighborhood of 6-8" of snow last night.

Comment

Wayyy too much snow for me. I should be thankful that it's still in the 50's here.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                  Wayyy too much snow for me. I should be thankful that it's still in the 50's here.
                  I'm actually getting used to freezing my ass off. The snow I don't mind so much as it's fun to see how much I can drive in. Still wanting and waiting for some serious snow. 15-20" sounds fun. But... on the other hand 50's would be nice. Must be sweet to still be able to work on your cars and such outside comfortably.

About an hour north of me there is a place I've heard about where you can rent a snowmobile and take a journey on it that takes you two days to get to your destination which is also the place you return the snowmobile. I guess there is all these places to stop off at and eat/sleep and such along the way. I'm pretty interested in checking it out.

Comment

Hey Josh how has your car been running with the second dose of head gasket fix?

I need some serious help on a problem I've been having with my 1990 HONDA ACCORD witch just turned over to 227k miles the blue car I posted pictures of.

So as of recently the car will start right up with no hesitation but will chug to life for a good 15-30 seconds. I do believe it is a bad head gasket but here's the odd part of it all. I drive the car at least 400 miles a week and have taken two trips this past month to north jersey right across the water from NY a good 300-500 mile round trip for me. Runs-drives fine the whole way with no loss of antifreeze, just somehow air continuously keeps getting into my cooling system. No milky residue under the oil cap or radiator cap.

Here's the oddest part of it all. All of last summer whenever it was hot out I would get this same chug to life effect rarely though and over the summer I lost maybe a total of a gallon and a half of antifreeze but the chugging to life has become more frequent to almost every start and still no loss of antifreeze.

Where would you suggest I start at? And like you did how do I go about finding what cylinder specifically its spitting antifreeze out of?

My thing is with this car I'd like to keep it as my daily driver for as long as I can as I love the car its my first cb7. But I'm in fear of it getting worse then not being able to try a product like the one you tried and it not working because I waited to long. I am definitely not putting a new head gasket on with the milage it has. I'm also in fear of it clogging the radiator or heater core lol.

What would you suggest Josh? Drive it til it dies no goo? Since no loss of antifreeze or overheating? Or try the goo while its in the early stages? Does your heater still work well in the car you used the block sealer on?

BTW I must say I drove a 1990 Honda Accord DX the other day that was a few miles down the street from me with only 38k on the dash a one owner and you think 118k is low? LOL it had its original red paint job no rust or dent not even a ding on the car but for what they were asking "3,500" they can keep it even though it felt great taking such a low milage one for a test drive lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev1990 View Post
                      Hey Josh how has your car been running with the second dose of head gasket fix?

I need some serious help on a problem I've been having with my 1990 HONDA ACCORD witch just turned over to 227k miles the blue car I posted pictures of.

So as of recently the car will start right up with no hesitation but will chug to life for a good 15-30 seconds. I do believe it is a bad head gasket but here's the odd part of it all. I drive the car at least 400 miles a week and have taken two trips this past month to north jersey right across the water from NY a good 300-500 mile round trip for me. Runs-drives fine the whole way with no loss of antifreeze, just somehow air continuously keeps getting into my cooling system. No milky residue under the oil cap or radiator cap.

Here's the oddest part of it all. All of last summer whenever it was hot out I would get this same chug to life effect rarely though and over the summer I lost maybe a total of a gallon and a half of antifreeze but the chugging to life has become more frequent to almost every start and still no loss of antifreeze.

Where would you suggest I start at? And like you did how do I go about finding what cylinder specifically its spitting antifreeze out of?

My thing is with this car I'd like to keep it as my daily driver for as long as I can as I love the car its my first cb7. But I'm in fear of it getting worse then not being able to try a product like the one you tried and it not working because I waited to long. I am definitely not putting a new head gasket on with the milage it has. I'm also in fear of it clogging the radiator or heater core lol.

What would you suggest Josh? Drive it til it dies no goo? Since no loss of antifreeze or overheating? Or try the goo while its in the early stages? Does your heater still work well in the car you used the block sealer on?

BTW I must say I drove a 1990 Honda Accord DX the other day that was a few miles down the street from me with only 38k on the dash a one owner and you think 118k is low? LOL it had its original red paint job no rust or dent not even a ding on the car but for what they were asking "3,500" they can keep it even though it felt great taking such a low milage one for a test drive lol.
                      Funny thing is after getting a replacement vehicle the head gasket shit in this Accord actually took. My GF drives it to work everyday and it's doing just as good as it was there for a couple months in Missouri. The stuff works for me periodically. My experience is rare though.

I'm like 99% sure you have a head gasket failure. Oil and water don't always mix with a head gasket failure, it depends on where the head gasket has failed at.

There are test kits you can buy to see if your getting combustion in the cooling system.

With the car cold, take the cap off the radiator, start it and it will burp a bit off coolant out when it starts which is ok, fill the radiator to the brim if it isn't already and let the car run for 15 mins or so. Wait how ever long it takes for the car to get to operating temp then look for bubbles coming out of the coolant which is filled to the brim with the radiator cap off. Mine will have 3 bubbles that come out every 3-4 seconds which is combustion from the leaking head gasket. Or did/does with out/before I added the head gasket leak shit.

Honestly I would get a bottle of K&W fiberlock. It's $35 at Walmart. Use it like I did, not by the directions on the bottle. The video a page back or so in this MRT is the directions I followed. Being as it's winter you will want the Fiberlock shit as you must have anti-freeze in the cooling system and the $35 bottle of Fiberlock is compatible with anti-freeze.

It isn't a fix and it comes at a cost sometimes. Like mine now doesn't have very good heat as I suspect the heater core is plugged up a bit. But the fucker has made it over 1000 miles with a really pretty blown head gasket and it's still ticking.

It's hard on shit but when your against it sometimes it's worth a try. Some people like myself and maybe you as well work a full time job for a living and we're too tired on top of not having the time to yank a fucking head off and all that shit just to slap it all back on a tired ass 25 year old 2xx,xxxk engine. Only thing is don't expect a true fix from using it. It's only a patch and no ones knows for how long.

Comment

Josh is that the same directions for the fiberlock stuff? Could you post a link to the video please? I can't see the video lol.

Comment

I decided to drive this to work today.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Josh. I just watched that video and he says exactly this.

1. Drain out all coolant from radiator as you possibly can.

2. Get a bucket and mix up the block sealer with tap water

3. Pour contents of the bucket into the radiator, top off with tap water

4. Then put 500 miles on the car as soon as you can

5. After 500 miles drain out the mix and reinstall coolant and water as needed.

Does this apply to the K&W fiberlock bottle the same one you tried last? Or is those directions just for the other K&W nanotechnology product. Let me know please Josh I'd like to try this within the next 12 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X