No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just about ready. Not that I'm ready but it's ready.

Comment

I talked with my friend the other day and he informed me that the lady who had the car when him, I and another friend went and looked at it prior to him purchasing it said that the A/C worked. I thought it was doubtful but I gave it a try anyways. I have many cans of AZ straight 134A so I threw a can in on the PAG oil charge. During dumping the PAG oil charge in the compressor kicked on, half way through the 134A can the compressor kicked off and never came back on. Never did the air coming out of the vents get any cooler. Not to my surprise.

The car already has 134A fittings but I'm going back to R12. I figured since I have to remove everything, clean it all out and vacuum the system anyways might as well learn what I can about where it leaks or what's bad before hand.

The 134A and oil charge I dumped in just to see if it would work or to see if I could find a/the leak(s).

And I found the leak or a leak anyhow. The compressor it's slef leaks as can be seen.

Comment

Josh, when you replaced your axle seals, did you do the half shaft seal as well? Cause I think mine is leaking, and the part for it is rubber like the seal you took out of the passenger side shaft. I got a metal one as well for the passenger. The thing just like the one I took out from the passenger side and I was worried I installed the wrong side, but from your pics I didn't.

Comment

I managed to successfully masturbate to the I.M cleaning job, well done Josh, i very much admire your work! I wish i cleaned more of the engines parts when i had the head off, because i cleaned the head and brushed the valve cover with a wheel brush, isolated it looks pretty cool, in the big picture it reeeeaaally highlights the dirty engine parts
          Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
            Thank you!

What year SE? I ask because the 92/93 EX/SE rear mount is a total bitch. I will swap it out later but it's in there for now. It's a bitch because of the way the shifter cables route.
            93 SE, not looking forward to that part.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip-Eye View Post
              93 SE, not looking forward to that part.
              You will want a DX/LX rear mount and T bracket. If I would have known it was going to be such a pain I would have done that when I did the swap. It has to (or should be done) anyhow but I couldn't find one locally.

Comment

OEM thermostat, thermostat housing gasket and water pipe to thermostat housing o-ring came in yesterday.

1 of 2 coolant hoses that leak. This one going to the IACV. As you can see it's in need of replacement which I did replace it but with bulk hose. So I will need to order OEM hoses before long. The other leaking hose goes to the valve under the throttlebody which I cannot think of the name of.

With the new hose the 20oz of coolant loss per 150ish miles is down to only a couple fluid ounces per 150ish miles. So I've found the source of the leaks! And the other hose I can see it still leaking just a tad with the UV dye. I'm certain that hose ounces replaced will finish of trials and tribulations with the coolant loss issue.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                  Josh, when you replaced your axle seals, did you do the half shaft seal as well? Cause I think mine is leaking, and the part for it is rubber like the seal you took out of the passenger side shaft. I got a metal one as well for the passenger. The thing just like the one I took out from the passenger side and I was worried I installed the wrong side, but from your pics I didn't.
                  Originally posted by CB7Denmark View Post
                  I managed to successfully masturbate to the I.M cleaning job, well done Josh, i very much admire your work! I wish i cleaned more of the engines parts when i had the head off, because i cleaned the head and brushed the valve cover with a wheel brush, isolated it looks pretty cool, in the big picture it reeeeaaally highlights the dirty engine parts
                  I just realized that I completely although undeliberately missed your posts and therefore ignored you guys. Well ain't I just a bitch. Sorry guys. I guess I'm only used to getting one response at a time, that's all I can come up with to as why I missed your posts.

Anyways...

F22chris,

The half shaft seal? Like where the intermediate shaft meets the driver side CV shaft? No I didn't as there isn't a need too. I did remove it and pack it with a bit of Honda Marine grease though. But I didn't have to.

The rubber (OEM) passenger side CV shaft seal whether NOK or ARS are better IMO but you can't go wrong with Timken either. I can't tell a difference except when closely examining the two seals and checking out how everything sits with the CV shaft in the trans. Just different designs but neither are inferior or superior to the other. Just the OEM style seems to seal better and thus I say it is better.

CB7Denmark,

Tak min ven, du opmuntre mig!

Det vil se godt i gang im sikker.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Denmark View Post
                    I managed to successfully masturbate to the I.M cleaning job, well done Josh

Comment

No. I meant the seal the half shaft goes in on the other side of the tranny. I got a metal timken one like you did on the outer output. But the part # I'm getting for the opposite side is rubber. It's like the one I removed from the passenger side, which is why I thought I replaced the wrong seal.

Regardless my tranny doesn't leak much at all. I just notice a drop on the ground each morning and a drop on the bottom of the tranny. It's not the rear main.

Comment

@ Tishock

F22Chris, yeah the seal where the intermediate shaft goes into the transmission is rubber only.

With 1.9 quarts of fluid you cannot really afford to lose much. I'd replace that seal no harder than it is.

The good thing is the trans will let you know when it's a bit low, before causing harm I suspect. The shifter will feel sticky, like it sticks in gear and takes more effort to pull out of gear and put into gear when you shift.

That's why I replace every seal I can whenever I can. If you have not noticed it yet you will now. I never let the chance to replace a seal slip by. They have the tendency to bite you in the ass when you do. Luckily I know that from others experience and not from my own. Nether of my 5 speeds leak a single drop. They are bone dry with new seals.

Comment

Yeah I know :/ I'm gonna do it tomorrow. I just wanted to make sure I got the correct part before hand. Thanks man.

Comment

New OEM radiator cap.

Replaced tail lights with cleaner set. Trunk alignment coming in the next couple days.

Comment

Where's the flush mount that was on that trunk?

How do you go about aligning a trunk? Mine is in need of this!

You're gonna have to change your signature now.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                                Where's the flush mount that was on that trunk?

How do you go about aligning a trunk? Mine is in need of this!

You're gonna have to change your signature now.
                                That trunk was on my 1993 LX that got hit in the side parked in a parking lot.

Idk really yet. I've some ideas. You will see here in this very thread when the time comes.

Yeah, when I get time and when I find/make a good pic or it.

Comment

Working...
                                X