H311RA151N : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kev1990 View Post
    Josh. I just watched that video and he says exactly this.

1. Drain out all coolant from radiator as you possibly can.

2. Get a bucket and mix up the block sealer with tap water

3. Pour contents of the bucket into the radiator, top off with tap water

4. Then put 500 miles on the car as soon as you can

5. After 500 miles drain out the mix and reinstall coolant and water as needed.

Does this apply to the K&W fiberlock bottle the same one you tried last? Or is those directions just for the other K&W nanotechnology product. Let me know please Josh I'd like to try this within the next 12 hours.
    No, he mentions that in the video. He may contradict his self and thinking back on it as I recall he does however I haven't watched that video in at least 4 months. But he states that with the Fiberlock shit that is compatible with antifreeze and that you can run it with antifreeze as per his instructions.

I've drilled a small hole in the radiator cap. Mine still leaks but the coolant system doesn't pressurize anymore. I have to add like 6fl of coolant every 200 miles or so. That's like half a pop can. Other than a little puff of steam from the grille every once in a while you'd never know the car had a blown head gasket. Keeping pressure out of the coolant system is key. The leak shit (Fiberlock) and a small hole in the radiator cap can help you keep them on the road when you have no other options.

I actually have other options in a way. I just don't feel like fixing it. I'd run the car across the country as it is. Hell I moved up here (400 miles) with it like it is. It's not proper by any means but you can limp along like this. As I've done it a long time now. I don't drive it much at all but it gets drove by my GF and by a friend I work with some. No one has ever had an issue with it since the Fiberlock and a pin hole in the radiator cap.

Comment

Took the Honda to work Christmas Eve. Worked like 10 hours and came out to find I was the only one in the parking garage. Kinda neat. Got to make a little more noise.

Comment

Noticed you are running a new radiator. How is it so far?
        92 DX Sedan - Auto

Comment

Originally posted by Qiko View Post
          Noticed you are running a new radiator. How is it so far?
          It's taken quite a bit of pressure from the blown head gasket and has been ran the whole time with the K&W Fiberlock shit in the coolant system. Still holding coolant and doing everything a radiator should do. So good I guess. Just the Spectra Premium from Autozone. Regular ol replacement radiator.

Comment

Gotta love "minimum maintenance roads."

Comment

That nose mask makes the car look completely different. I'm amazed it's still driving with the gasket issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                That nose mask makes the car look completely different. I'm amazed it's still driving with the gasket issues.
                Yeah I never really liked it. I had an incident where a middle easterner started punching the hood of my car as he was standing in the crosswalk while I had a green light. Just standing there punching it and looking at me. After spitting in my face when I got out asking him "hey whats going on man" a police officer arrived and got him on the ground as the man shouted he was going to kill both of us. The officer advised me that he's a member of a mosque that happens to not be so far from my work hence the reason for me installing the front end mask. It really does change the look of the car quite a bit. Which is perfect for what I need it for.

Comment

Yeah, I'd say that's a good reason. Man, nut jobs come in all flavors huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                    Yeah, I'd say that's a good reason. Man, nut jobs come in all flavors huh?
                    Yep I guess they do.

No damage though. He wasn't hitting it very hard and he may have even been using his palm, it happened so fast and was so strange. But the good news is there isn't any damage.

Comment

Swapping. DOHC VTEC. H23A VTEC or F20B VTEC

Comment

Nice!!! Congrats man, been a long time coming and babying her along. Time she finally gets a new heart.
                        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

great clean cb7 ! i dig the front leather cover haha
                          My Ride Thread
                          The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
                          Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

Originally posted by DragonEye View Post
                            great clean cb7 ! i dig the front leather cover haha
                            I don't really care for it.

Comment

Innovative driver side mount.

Comment

Nice. Innovative mounts are well worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X