No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josh, point out for me, (I don't know what is looks like) the "throw-out-bearing?) please?

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
      Josh, point out for me, (I don't know what is looks like) the "throw-out-bearing?) please?

Sure thing man. I got several of my own pics.

Way too many pics but whatever. That'll surely learn ya what ya need to. Koyo or Nachi! Two different styles but they do the same thing and install no different.

Comment

Josh, average bolt length is 29.53mm. I was going to install the clutch today, but I didn't have access to a lift. And I want help..

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
          Josh, average bolt length is 29.53mm. I was going to install the clutch today, but I didn't have access to a lift. And I want help..
          Thank you! I expect to have the measurements on mine within the next week.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
            Sure thing man. I got several of my own pics.
            Thanks dude ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
              Thanks dude ..
              No problem man! Hope your doing well.

Comment

I pulled a Mitsuba 5 speed starter solenoid and base from the salvage yard. Knowing I had a automatic Mitsuba starter which I could take the motor off of and use of course.

But the bearings were seized in the housing and the motor had been dragging during the last part of it life. So that didn't pan out. I'll have to go to the salvage yard tomorrow and yank another Mitsuba starter motor out of something. Good thing it can be either auto or manual. Cause all they have left are automatics.

And yeah, in the last pic I went ahead and put an automatic starter together although it's a Denso. I had to do something productive... Plus I had the box of starter parts.

Comment

This car has the starter motor I need. So when I do the swap I'll just use the starter motor I pull off the auto trans coming out and install it on the 5 speed bracket/base & solenoid I have.

I also cleaned this car up a little while I was at the shop the other day. Painted the grille black even though I don't care for it. PO painted the grille black and it was flaking off and looking like shit. Re-painting it was the only thing I had time for.

Comment

Can I borrow your transmission pics for my Swap Chronicles thread? I would like to add them for reference.

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
                      Can I borrow your transmission pics for my Swap Chronicles thread? I would like to add them for reference.
                      Yes, you can. You have my full permission.

I used your swap chronicles thread for a couple parts on this transmission in fact. It's a pretty useful thread.

Comment

So many other things I have going on right now... I have the transmission cleaned up properly like I wanted and in my parts building until later this week or Saturday. At which point I will tear it back open replace the parts I ordered and it will be ready to install.

The grille was painted black by the previous owner which was a friend of mine who owned the car a few months and drove it barely any at all. He spray painted the grille black and I've been meaning to do something about it. Last week I spray painted the whole thing black (previously posted pics) and was going to replace the emblem but I didn't like that. So I took it apart, took the chrome trim to the wire wheel and gently removed the spray paint. Painted the ABS plastic black and took an emblem out of a gold package grille and installed it into the grille. Pics of this process below.

I also pulled some super minty tail lights out of the resting place they had been in for the past few years. I have outsides too but I have yet to find the box in which they are located. I have not installed these yet but will when I find the outsides. All four came off one car.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                          Mine vary from 29.44 - 29.57. I'm sure there is a little error in those numbers on my part but that's what I came up with.

Not the proper way to measure of course, just demonstrating the shortest flywheel bolt and trying to hold it in my hand the best I can while taking a picture.

Comment

The shifter base plate and clutch pedal assembly were both coated in surface rust so I took care of that yesterday. Car I pulled them from in the salvage yard didn't have any doors on it so as one can imagine, it was a little damp on the inside.

In the process of removing all paint and surface rust. About half way through at this point.

Shifter base plate received the same treatment. No where near done in this pic. Spend 4 hours on both clutch pedal assembly and sifter base plate.

Rustoleum anti rust primer. Smoothed out with 500 grit after primer cured.

Painted flat black with Rustoleum. Afterwards busted it down a bit with 800 grit.

After final coats.

Checking out the used OEM shift knob which isn't in too poor of condition and the new OEM shift boot.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 06-11-2015, 08:40 AM.

Comment

what are you using to clean the transmission with?
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                                what are you using to clean the transmission with?
                                FinishRenu Red Bull.

I also tried Easy Off oven spray this time. Works pretty good. About on par with the FinishRenu.

I must add that I do not use FinishRenu as directed. I mix approximately 25% water 75% FinishRenu.

Comment

Working...
                                X