No announcement yet.

excalibur02 : 1992 Accord LX (1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn.. i'm really diggin the OEM 5 lug lude wheels.. not to mention the super clean engine bay and flat black painted muffler. the car has came so far mauricio.. can't wait to see the body shape up

Comment

i met mauri last spring(him and deever are the only ones i've met so far..and they're both from NJ ).. but his ride has definetely come a looooong way. patience is key and the end results paid off. impressive 5-lug and H22 swap
      the engine bay looks alright but it ain't that clean. i still see dirt and grime on the intake manifold
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

All I can say is wow. I think you have almost every part I want for my car just sitting on the car or in that pile of parts. Is that a rear fog I see?

Anyways its awesome to see you completed the car. The hard work has definitely paid off immensely. Just finish up the bodywork like you've said you're going to and I think you're in contention for one of the best cars on the site.

Comment

about damn time, i mean DAMN.

first off, you have no idea how envious i am of you suspension setup. second, props on the cleanliness of the engine bay. and lastly, your front end in particular is going to look fabulous when it is all said and done with all those misc goodies!

Originally posted by excalibur02
          that picture makes me dizzy
          Last edited by excalibur02; 11-13-2010, 11:59 PM.

Comment

damn man i havent seen your whip in a while shit has come a long way. it look so clean as hell. the onlything i would say to clean up the bay more is tuck the wires that run to the headlights it will clean up both sides man shit would be uber clean then
            cb7 sold
            2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
            95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

What are those things under your doors? Those black strips...

Mauri, you're the only one I know who would send me a text message on my phone to tell me about this thread Car's looking great though. You really took some great shots of it too! It looks SO much better with the skirts on. It's amazing what that little change does!

Comment

Holy damn, those wheels look awesome on yer car I wish I can put those wheels on my car..hehehehehe

Sweet ride man, I really love how everything looks....How are the D2s treatin ya?? Thinkin of gettin a set of those...Still not sure yet tho...

N e wayz...H22 n 5 lug conversion... for ya

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Nice looking ride.
                  OK, I may be wrong on this one, but I thought using header wrap was a sure way to get your header to fall apart from massive metal-fatique.
                  Any other ideas on this?
                  My CB7 post on my blog
                  My CB7 thread

Comment

bump for more comments!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

wow i love the engine bay!!! i believe you are thee only one with full 5th gen prelude suspension up front. great job there! how are the D2's treating you? i can't wait for the other goodies to be installed. woohoo for the rear fogs, projectors, and 2-pieces!!!
                      1cor10:31
                      - 92 LX coupe
                      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

mauri....i've seen this car progress alot. glad to see it finally made it maing. keep it up.

Comment

Wow havent seen your car since last year. Nomore black trunk or N1 I see. Good job and I still havent seen a engine bay like yours just sick.

Comment

thanks all for the great comments guys. makes me tear! seriously if u have talked to me on aim or knew for the past 5 months what i was doing to my car. and i look at it now and its so refreshing knowing that all my problems were fixed by me and help from other friends. it has come along way for me, but i am still not finished lol.

as for the heat/header wrap. i put it on, and have had no problems with it. even if i did i have 2 top header pieces for a H22, and a pacesetter header and downpipe just laying around. so i am not scared if it does harm my stock header.

and as for the d2s i love them alot. its definitly a change from what i had including all the upgrades i put. i still havent dialed them in correctly but after winter i will. yea its kinda far but i just want to enjoy and drive it hard hehe.

all i wanted was a clean engine bay, and a good suspension setup. so i got it. still paying the d2s off. just couple hundred away.(since i just got into school money is tight)

maury

Comment

You had your car re-sprayed right? How much do you think it would cost to have a shop pull an engine, and spray the entire bay, then install it back?

EDIT: one more question, since you did the full prelude 5 lug swap, did u have to buy your coilovers for a 5th gen lude, or were they just he cb7 coilovers?

Comment

^^to answer your questions.^^ I pulled the motor out myself. if u see behind one of my pics with the motor out its behind my house lol. after i pulled it out i cleaned the engine bay up with degreaser and all these other cleaning chemicals. after i did that i masked everything up so i dont spray wires and such. and then just took a spray can and painted.. as for a shop i am not sure how much they would charge just gotta ask around you. u know get quotes n such..

and for the 5lug swap i used all accord suspension. so all 4 corners are D2 setup for an accord. only thing you would change in the front is a 5th gen accord driver side axle and make the ball joint hole bigger in the lower control arm

maury

Comment

Working...
                                X