No announcement yet.

According2Aaron : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not as big as the one on my truck. That one's about four feet. The one on my truck is about five feet, but most CB users like to show off with the eight, nine, ten to twelve-foot whips. lol The previous owner put the CB in but I took it out because it's a cheap one. One day I'll put a Uniden PC68XL in it like I did in my truck, then I'll tune the antenna.

Comment

hmm. its unique..but that car needs some serious TLC.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
        this car needs TLC
        I couldnt agree more.

But I dont think the vinyl detracts from the car..the wing..thats gotta go..
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

Haha. Yeah, I love the stripe. It's one reason I got the car because I've always loved how it looked. Same with the wing. The wing also gets a lot of attention locally and everybody seems to like it. I've had several friends try to buy the car from me before I even fixed it. But thanks for your criticizm and your opinion. But I think I'll leave the wing there. It's fun to look at. But believe me, I'm not a big ricer fan. I used to hate riced out cars but this one's an exception. I guess the only rice on this car would be the wing. Other than that the car is stock or customized. In fact, I never like Hondas -- or any other import -- until I got this Accord. Now I'm more open to some imports.

Comment

I'd just remove all the carpeting rather that put sheet metal over carpet. It looks like carpeting removal would be no great loss. That will help the race car look. the short shifter is cool, not many people do that.
            My CB7 post on my blog
            My CB7 thread

Comment

Definately different....The car looks like its been through alot.I dont really like the custom vent on the bumper, maybe find something that would blend in a little better But it is your car and all that matters is that you like it Give her a good cleanin and im sure she'll look lots better man.Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Final 204
                is that a cb antenna? damn that things big
                ET phone home ET phone home.
                "form follows function."
                Louis Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by flyinlow
                  Definately different....The car looks like its been through alot.I dont really like the custom vent on the bumper, maybe find something that would blend in a little better But it is your car and all that matters is that you like it Give her a good cleanin and im sure she'll look lots better man.Good luck!
                  It has been through a whooooole lot. The previous owners would dog the crap out it. They'd sit there and tach it out and dump the clutch. I got the car to put another engine in it. The transmission's fine for now so I'm not worried about it, but I found an F22 (the ad didn't say if it was A1, A4, or A6) with 200k miles for $375 and I'm getting it and putting it in this car. And as far as the vent on the bumper goes, it's not perminent. It's fun to look at and joke about, showing it to people who haven't seen it before, but I'm not leaving it there. I'll probably get another front bumper for the car and fix some sort of piping from the intake down to the bottom of the bumper, so it's not protruding from the bumper.

Originally posted by Chan_Man
                  ET phone home ET phone home.
                  lol Actually, that antenna doesn't pick up much at all, if anything. I'll probably get it tuned and see if it'll be worth it. And if not, I'll probably get a Wilson 1000 like I have on my F-150. They're excellent antennas.

Comment

Hmm.... =/ Well, the things is that I need the car on the road immediately because gas is ridiculously high still and my truck's transmission's yelling at me, although it is a 28 year old transmission. It's served us well. But I'll definitely try looking for one that cheap. The thing is that I can't find anything. =( I once found a decent one on eBay but the S&H is a biznitch. It was like $350 just for S&H. =S

Comment

Where you from in NC?
                      The air filter is falling off because you have nothing holding it on....i.e. hose clamp

That thing looks like the #02 Dukes of Hazzard Car with that CB Antenna..
                      (i couldn't hold back)
                      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Chatham County. But the air filter is falling off also because it hits the engine bay and gets knocked off because it's not shaped for a CB7. Yes, a clamp would help hold it on but it's still not made for a CB7.
                        Last edited by According2Aaron; 11-05-2005, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Hey its a start man. You got to work what you have. It takes time and effort plus your own sweat and blood. Eventually your car will be up their. Don't let most of the members get you down. Follow your own dreams and ambition. Thats what modding a car about its your own creativity. They may not like what you put into it, but hey its not their ride its yours. You make it how you want it to be cause its your car. Good luck with the car.
                          "form follows function."
                          Louis Sullivan

Comment

definitely unique. as long as it's up to ur standards, that's all that matters. do what u do, ya know??
                            Check out what used to be mine
                            Click Here

Comment

i thought 90-91 tailslights the orange was on top?

Comment

Originally posted by JDMType1
                                i thought 90-91 tailslights the orange was on top?

Originally posted by According2Aaron

The outer taillights were replaced with '92/'93 taillights and the trunk taillights were painted white to blend in with the rest of the car.

Comment

Working...
                                X