No announcement yet.

According2Aaron : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, we finally had the long-awaited Spring 2006 CB7Tuner meet. It was a blast. I got to meet a good number of CB7Tuners for the first time. I hope we have another meet like that soon. Anyway, here are some pictures of my car from the meet that various folks snapped.

Comment

And below is a joke that Matt ('93AccordSE) made about the car. lol

Comment

Nice shift boot man. I was looking into replacing my one with a boot like yours. The only one I could think of was the boot from the 1991 and earlier Toyota Corolla's. When I went to the Toyota dealership, they said there were non left in North America! From where did u get that shift boot?

Definately gives the car a better finish.

Good work!
        DEVOTE

Comment

Haha. I don't know where it came from. The guy who did all the custom stuff to the car put it on.

Comment

Here are more pictures I took because I might be trading the skeet-skeet for a CRX and the guy wanted some current pictures of the pros and the cons of the car so I borrowed my friend's camera.

Comment

Comment

^^^ The "GTR" badge is there 'cause when I took it off the trunk lid I sat down in the car and was going to put it on the dash until I got home, but then I figured it'd look kind of cool under the parking brake.

^^^ The picture above is a test shot I snapped to see about where I'd want to position the camera for a short movie. The video is to show the guy about the 4th gear synchronizer being crap and how when shifting to 4th, I have to wait for the engine to drop below 2,000 RPMs, then shift. The video can be found here.

Comment

Nic (90Cb7sleeper) was nice enough to send me a gift. And that would be a hood prop.

Also, I've been thinking and decided to paint my hood white, install hood vents/louvers, and a tach on the hood. Here's a rough estimate Photoshop of what it could look like. The hood vents in the picture are off an '85 Camaro Z28.

Comment

I would nominate this car to be in OverHaulin.

Chip Foose where are you.

You have to loose this whip and get yourself a clean one man. Cars great but IMO it needs a hell of alot of elbow grease.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Well, it runs fine now. It's got a new (to me) motor in it that was rebuild about 74k miles ago. Really, all it could use as far as functioning stuffs is a new transmission because 4th synchro sucks and 2nd and 3rd occasionally slip. But trust me, I'd love to get a white '92/'93 5-speed sedan with gray interior. But there'll always a special place in my heart for this skeet ride. After all, it's the car that got me into Accords, Hondas, and imports in general. Before this car got to me I was diehard Ford guy who wouldn't take anything over a Ford, but now Honda sits up there with Ford in my mind.

But yes, maybe some day soon I might be lucky enough to find a good, clean Accord to my liking I can pimp out (whenever I can afford it. lol).

Comment

Oh, I forgot shock absorbers. It could use some shock absorbers. lol. I'm so used to bouncing along in that thing that shocks totally slipped my mind.

And a camber kit. I've got a negative camber up front. Not needed, but it would help the looks, especially.

Comment

Aaron keep up the good work with this car, just remember the potential! if ya need anything else lemme know man and ill do my best to get it for ya! Go go ghetto skeet ride, woooo ooooo ooooo lol! Hope that JDM vtec hood prop works out for ya

Comment

Have you ever thought about doing one of those diy chargespeed/g square grills???? They are really cheep and easy to do, dunno im just throwing more ideas out there man! lol keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by 90Cb7sleeper
                              Have you ever thought about doing one of those diy chargespeed/g square grills???? They are really cheep and easy to do, dunno im just throwing more ideas out there man! lol keep up the good work
                              I have thought about it, actually. But I think I'm going to save stuff like that for my next Accord.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

I don't know if I've already posted this in my thread but here it is; it's my shifter with a homemade short-throw adapter. The shift cable is now in the top hole.

Here's my friend John next to my car.

These pictures in the grass are at his house, not mine.

We took the hood off to primer it and install the tachometer, then while the first coat dried, we ran to town to get more primer with no hood. It was fun getting funny looks from people.

Comment

Here's a few from this morning around 10 AM. I didn't take any pictures of the primered hood last night because it was dark (10 PM or so was when I got home last night). A few minutes after I took these next pictures I wired up the tach.

Comment

Working...
                                X