According2Aaron : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need the wing for downforce....
    dont want the ass-end sliding out around turns, do ya?

joking, man... it's your car, and you may do as you please,

but it seems everything on the car was purchased very cheap,
    and all bolt/screw/tape on stuff... nothing that will make a
    difference in how the car performs. A little restoration, and it
    could look beautious once again

ps: some nice 16"-17" rims would make it look tons better

Comment

It's my gas saving/skeet ride so I'm not going to dump tons of cash in it. =P What I want to do is (after I have plenty of money) buy a '92 or '93 LX or EX (pref. EX) that's white or black and fix that car up. See, I'll probably get swapable parts for this car and swap them onto the '92/'93 whenever I get one. Like the suspension. When I get the new CB7 I'll be able to just swap the whole strut assembly over to it.

This car's a lot of fun to play with but it's beyond the conditional state that I'd even bother restoring because it'd be a huge money pit. I've been debating on whether or not I'll shave the molding off the new Accord and put a stripe on it. I mean, I love how my '90 has the molding shaved off and I love the stripe but I'm not entirely sure whether or not I want to do the same to the new CB7 I plan to get. If I get a black one I don't think I'll shave the molding off.

Comment

Yesterday, Christmas morning 2005, I found this huge bow on the front of the Accord because the engine I got from Patastinky, my parents paid for it for a Christmas present since they bought my brother a nice digital camera the previous year.

Comment

trunk=sick
          push button ignition=niice
          i like those mods man, thats really cool. and thanks for the welcome

Comment

haha i admire one thing, that is really smart, is what you said up ubove abotu how you arent going to dump loads of money into that money pit cause its past that repairable stage. youll definatly go far in life thats for sure!
            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Wait a sec. What engine did you get?
              Gary A.K.A. Carter
              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

The G-Man: Another F22A1. That's what it had before. Why?

SoySauceCb7: Yeah, the car's just past the point where I feel like dumping money into it to fix it up. My plan is to save up some money after I can find a job and get a black, white, or green (leaning towards black; white second) '92 or '93 5-speed coupe or sedan. See, I was able to get the car on a shop lift so I could get under it good and I found out why it's front right wheel sits back in the fender well. The "mount," if you will, where the lower control arm goes into the subframe, half of it is bent back and it's as if the LCA is ready to fall out. So I've parked the car, recharged my F-150's battery and I'm driving my truck daily again. Then yesterday, I realized something else: It's leaking coolant.... If it's not one thing it's another. Maybe it's just a radiator hose or the radiator itself. As long as there's nothing wrong with the engine. However, it was only $160. I'm thinking about just using this car for parts for whenever I can get a nice '92 or '93. =(

Comment

Well, I've scraped the unsightly GTR badge off the trunk lid and put the exhaust back up on the hangers, however, I don't know whether I'm going to bother with getting somebody to fix the LCA mount. =(

Comment

Well, I finally had the chance to jack the Accord up and get under there to reinspect the situation. My friend Darius (DG Accord) was right; the LCA mount can be unbolted and replaced. See, I'm 18 and I'm a senior in high school, and I have an Auto-Tech class at the local community college, and my teacher looked at the bent mount when I had the car up on the lift and told me I should get the car off the road as soon as possible. He recommended that I get somebody to cut the mount off the car and have them weld another mount on from a parts car. Johnny (my teacher) told me the mount couldn't be unbolted and replaced when I asked him later (because I didn't think about looking at it when the car was on the lift). Then I figured I'd be able to get somebody to rig up some sort of welded bracket to stablize the mount. Then Darius told me I infact COULD unbolt the mount and replace it, so today I finally got a chance to jack the car up and look, and sure enough, Darius was right. =D

So now the next step is to replace the mount with the one I'm buying from Darius, get an alignment, then get new front tires. =D

Comment

.................... If you like it, I guess that's all that matters!

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Comment

I like it for my skeet ride, yeah. lol

Comment

Originally posted by According2Aaron
                          my skeet ride

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

Went to your website and that car has quite a history! Seems like a good car to play around with.

The trunk is interesting, never seen anything like that before. Clever.

Comment

Yeah, it's seen its better days, but I'm going to keep it drivable for gas mileage and for having fun.

Comment

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

Working...
                                X