No announcement yet.

According2Aaron : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, (because of lack of money) I think a carbon fiber hood's out of the question, at least in the near future. =P However, the hood pins are probably in the near future. I've decided to go get some bolts for the trunk lid and do away with the rigged suicide trunk because the front corners of the trunk lid stick way too far up and it's gotten worse when I accidentally shut the trunk lid while sonething was sitting in its way, and now it sits even higher up. lol =D

I figured out my negative camber problem. When the car was originally dropped, the guy didn't get a camber kit but he made his own. He cut the upper control arms in two and welded extensions in them. Then when the ball joint came out of the front right upper control arm and I replaced it with a stock arm from a junkyard '92 Accord, it gave me a nasty negative camber and threw the alignment off bad. So now I'm going get a friend of mine to cut and weld the new control arm to gain some positive camber to match the left. Then I'll have to resituate the exhaust since it seems to be falling off so I can lower the coilovers back to where they were.

I got some outer taillights off that same '92 Accord from the junkyard to replace the ones my car had and I bought a '90 trunk lid with taillights from Patastinky and I painted the trunk lights white to match the car and to make the '92 lights appear to be the only taillights and I love how it looks. I wish I had my brother digital camera again so I could post some pictures. Since Thanksgiving is two days away, I should have new pictures up if he comes home and has his camera with him, so stay tuned!

Comment

hey its a start, the "whale tail" isnt too bad, the vinyl throws me off because it looks like it should be lower, as where the curve of the vinyl on the fender is supposed to end on the curve of the fender its self, if you get what im saying lol. Could just be the pictures. You wouldnt of happend to use one of those dryer vents for your air scoop on your bumper, lol?
      Last edited by lowoctane; 11-22-2005, 08:29 PM.

^sold

Comment

Yep. The dryer vent wasn't my idea but when the previous one was bent up I replaced it. lol. One day I'll get a new bumper that doesn't have a dryer vent in it. =P

Comment

Originally posted by According2Aaron
          Yep. The dryer vent wasn't my idea but when the previous one was bent up I replaced it. lol. One day I'll get a new bumper that doesn't have a dryer vent in it. =P

haha thats awesome..

but for sitting for about a year with the windows down, its not in bad shape, and you've taken on the task of taking the responsibility of giving a CB7 a home.

^sold

Comment

UPDATE!

This is the new (to me; only has ~70k miles since rebuild) engine I bought from Patastinky.

Yep, I'm definitely getting a new front bumper one day.

You can see the new dryer vent I put on the bumper to TEMPORARILY replace the old bashed up dryer vent UNTIL I get a new bumper. I made those words in caps because I know I'll get hammered for putting another dryer vent on the car.

Comment

A very dirty Armorall-needing instrument cluster.

I vacuumed the car out between the first page's pictures and these.

I finally was able to get some new taillights. The '92 outer lights were from a car in a junkyard and the trunk/inner '90 lights are from Patastinky's white '90 DX he was parting out. When I painted the trunk lights I taped up the Reverse lights so I could one day reconnect them and have reverse lights. The old trunk lights were painted like this by the guy that did all the other stuff to the car and I liked how the lights looked, but when I got new lights (after the old ones were broken out) I decided to leave the Reverse lights unpainted.

Don't forget to check out the bottom of the previous page if you missed the pictures I posted because these are the ones that bled over from page 5!

Comment

WOW! bro i WAS going to hate on your car for a second but then i read all the hating already done in your thread, you take it very well. it makes me realize that most members on here conform to whats "in" (me being one of them) and not do what we really like. like the wing for example. if a member came on here (such as yourself) with a wing or whatever he would get bashed instantly. and he would probably take the wing off because it's not considered "cool" around here. but you stick to your guns. YOU like the car the way it is and thats ALL that should matter. right on bro hey you know damn well if wings were considered "cool" around here EVERYONE (including me) would have a wing. hey bro if you like the car leave it the way it is. don't try to fit in like the rest of us followers. .....ps. the cb antenna is NUTS!!!!!!!! you really are a NC. redneck. LOL
                CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

lol Actually, when I first saw the car, I thought it was rather ridiculous looking, but it eventually grew on me, and now I own it. lol But not only do I enjoy looking at and driving the car, but everybody in my town that knows the car from the past seems to love it. The guy who had it before me told me if I didn't want the wing that he'd like to have it, and the guy who had it before him keeps begging me to sell it back to him. lol. And I've had several guys try to buy the car from me, even before I had the new engine I got from Patastinky put in it. And those two guys and a couple others have told me they want to drive it when I get the engine in it. I still got to get the title and tags for it. =( And I've got a gas leak to boot. It's a hole in the tank the size of a screwdriver or pen. So, needless to say, Le Hondy's chillin' at the house right now, not going anywhere for a little while -- at least not until the weather dries out and I can JB weld the hole closed. Ugh.

Comment

Welp, Le Hondy's officially plugged! The puncture in the gas tank was so small I couldn't find it, so I poured gas in the tank and looked for the leak. I found the leak, got out my stick of puddy JB Weld, kneeded the crap out of it real good, wiped the leak area well, and quickyl *squishy sound* right on it, pressed it really hard and held it, and it stayed.

Comment

your looks alright, hey everyone has gone through that state ,accordinglys has had to of gone through that cause the cars are 10-30 years old ,ive had a total of 7 cb body style hondas and a couple others so dont listen to them .mine wasnt in perfect shape when i got mine. mike

Comment

Originally posted by Final 204
                        is that a cb antenna? damn that things big
                        Thats his spoiler bro. Only one question... does she iron too? Cool car def. different, not every day you see an F22A1 swapped for a Kenmore Elite.

LOL Just kidding.

Comment

I admire the fact that youve actually stuck around here for as long as you have considerin all the crap that you have had to deal with. Your car may not be everyones taste but as long as you like it thats all that matters. Good Job man.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

you need a car wash...

Comment

I for one am not for the styling. Its his car. Who can really tell him what to do with it? Are you guys paying for his modifications? Hmmn...no. Ok then, how about you guys fuck off if you don't have anything constructive to say. The people who do the most yakking tend to have some pretty shitty cars themselves anyhow.

Its much different from the usual modifications you see on here. Too many copycats on here. Its cool to see something original.
                              Last edited by KillerCam282; 12-13-2005, 02:51 AM.

Comment

One thing that gets under my skin about these morons is that they don't READ. I GOT THE CAR FOR GAS MILEAGE and an awesome little skeet ride. It wasn't until I got the car, came here to get help on technical stuff for it that I started to really like Accords. I'M NOT FIXING IT UP. I'm fixing it up enough that I can drive it without any problems.

Sure, most of the cars on here are a whole lot nicer than mine, but THEY HAVE MONEY! I DON'T! I don't know how many times I have to slap my weary fingers against this keyboard to tell you so! No, nakf00, I DON'T care what any of you think. I put this thread up to hear feedback, not immature slamming. Acclipse H23 has an excellent point: NONE of you are paying for ANYTHING on this car so you have no right to talk so much useless junk about it. One day -- WHEN I HAVE MONEY -- I'll get a clean CB7, but I can't get a clean CB7 for the ~$100 that's currently to my name. I really want a nice black or white '92/'93 Accord sedan but I can't afford one. I've got a friend with a white one with an H23 in it. Sweet. Car. I'd love to have one or have it but I can't afford one/it. If there's one thing I absolutely cannot stand is junk-talking, immature, ignorant punks like I've come across in this thread.

And I really do appreciate the select few who have posted here and haven't exactly agreed with what they saw in the pictures but who've left constructive comments, and mainly who weren't absolute JERKS. Those kind of comments I appreciate. As I've stated oh-so-many times, I don't go into any of your member rides threads and slam the crap out of any of your cars, so I expect the same from all -- not some, ALL -- of you. The kind of behavior exibited here is expected that of a three year old.

Comment

Working...
                                X