No announcement yet.

cp[mike] : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a lot of people in the south maintain their cars well. Sad thing to see. We have a few mint ones in Texas. We have a white one thats gonna be put up for sale soon from a fellow member aka Bowzil but I think some people are already in line for this car.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i agree these cars are at the point where its rare to find one thats maintained well. mostly just due to their age, 15+ years. really only southern states for rust free, and for the most part hit-and-miss as far as how good the body and mechanics are otherwise. theres a lot of clean ones still in FL due to the no rust as well as the high old people count LOL. still though these cars that are still driven on the road, the probability of some sort of body damage is high.

fortunately mines clean and for the most part straight (steve kept her nice ), but its far from rust free, and far from what i would consider a "clean" older car... ive never attempted rust pr paint body work before, so thats going to be one hell of a DIY project :X

cisco, it appears we have very similar tastes, eh?? i used to be a sedan guy, till i landed on this. now i wouldnt have it any other way, at least for a project car such as mine... recently ive been enjoying the benefits of driving my 4door.

just got the receipt saying the carpet has been drop shipped, so itll be here any time now. i plan to cut VERY sparingly during install to make sure every corner is tucked in nicely.

lots of big jobs to do are starting to build up, im going to be busyyyyy this warm season :O
      Last edited by cp[mike]; 01-30-2008, 12:51 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
        i agree these cars are at the point where its rare to find one thats maintained well. mostly just due to their age, 15+ years. really only southern states for rust free, and for the most part hit-and-miss as far as how good the body and mechanics are otherwise. theres a lot of clean ones still in FL due to the no rust as well as the high old people count LOL. still though these cars that are still driven on the road, the probability of some sort of body damage is high.

fortunately mines clean and for the most part straight (steve kept her nice ), but its far from rust free, and far from what i would consider a "clean" older car... ive never attempted rust pr paint body work before, so thats going to be one hell of a DIY project :X

cisco, it appears we have very similar tastes, eh?? i used to be a sedan guy, till i landed on this. now i wouldnt have it any other way, at least for a project car such as mine... recently ive been enjoying the benefits of driving my 4door.

just got the receipt saying the carpet has been drop shipped, so itll be here any time now. i plan to cut VERY sparingly during install to make sure every corner is tucked in nicely.

lots of big jobs to do are starting to build up, im going to be busyyyyy this warm season :O
        It is almost impossible to find rust in AZ, NM, and some parts of Utah. I see quite a few older owned mint ones around here. But they never want to part with them. LOL!
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
          It is almost impossible to find rust in AZ, NM, and some parts of Utah. I see quite a few older owned mint ones around here. But they never want to part with them. LOL!
          yes, i found a 93 white ex coupe 5spd. and the dude wanted no less than 2700.

It was a good price, but not for me.
          I had to fly out there and then drive it back or ship it back.
          Expenses were going to be a bitch...

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
            yes, i found a 93 white ex coupe 5spd. and the dude wanted no less than 2700.

It was a good price, but not for me.
            I had to fly out there and then drive it back or ship it back.
            Expenses were going to be a bitch...

Yes, that could get expensive, although driving it could have been done for a couple hundred bucks if you were a road warrior. LOL!

Comment

It is almost impossible to find rust in AZ, NM, and some parts of Utah.

Really? My car is originally from Utah, spent most of its 15 year past in Utah and I admit there is no rust... but I recently found some really small spots from this winter's salt!

Stock 10th Anniversary Edition.

Comment

mike you should tune and dyno this bastord real soon

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by Saysana13b
                  Really? My car is originally from Utah, spent most of its 15 year past in Utah and I admit there is no rust... but I recently found some really small spots from this winter's salt!

Yes. It is not uncommon to find stuff from the 20's and 30's here with only minor surface rust. Most other cars will fall apart before they rust. There aren't any really bad winters, and they don't use salt on the roads when it does get crappy.

Comment

So what is this that I read about carpet Mike?

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                      mike you should tune and dyno this bastord real soon
                      its in hibernation until it gets warmer, and MRX will be coming up to NY in april to tune my car along with excalibur02's and oneoff's

few things i need before then,
                      - reinstall the new msd & ignition setup
                      - mount, fill, and hook up nitrous bottle
                      - weld an extra o2 sensor bung for a wideband

it should be running its best during this spring, so i hope to hit up a dyno not long after

So what is this that I read about carpet Mike?
                      felt bad for whoring?

Current cars:

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]

... recently ive been enjoying the benefits of driving my 4door.
                        does it involve girls lol?
                        ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                          does it involve girls lol?
                          lol x2 hehe...
                          back at it again

Comment

alright possible change of plans...

my brother may be landing an intern job starting THIS MONDAY which would mean that he would need to come home this weekend and come take the 4door back to school with him, which would mean i no longer have a winter car, so that means i need to get my coupe straightened back out and driving again. i wont know for a couple days, but just in case, i started straightening out the wiring for the MSD and ignition system. im not going to mount and tuck the wires until its warm out, my goal is to get it in and running without the ignitor, since thats whats making the car run poorly.

also, a new present came in the mail

i ordered it from TAS for $160 shipped and all they did was drop ship order it from ACCMATS.com, which lists it for sale as $233 plus shipping. so, sweet deal. and its a very nice carpet, its actually moulded over all of the creases and seat mounting bumps and stuff.

Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-13-2011, 01:05 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

so does this mean a whole interior swap? or you sticking with blue still?

Comment

Originally posted by sublime
                                so does this mean a whole interior swap? or you sticking with blue still?
                                blue has been a temporary compromise for the last... oh... 4 years now? dont much care for it, but its not so bad, considering its the only interior that came in white cars. im goin all black baby. black '99 lude seats (front & rear), black lude console (plus steering wheel, cluster, climate control, and map light), i have the OEM black kickpanels and trunk levers and stuff. still deciding how to go about the dashboard and door panels, but those will have grey leather inserts, which i have already.

p.s. Interior Overhaul on my "ongoing projects" is still listed as 'collecting parts'
                                Last edited by cp[mike]; 01-31-2008, 10:37 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X