• Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice rust comming back

Valentine one baby!

Comment

mike to bad you didnt buy my interior

Comment

Hey mike, did you do anything to prep the motor for paint? Or did you just spray on the paint. I was thinking of just spraying 2 coats of light colored high temp primer with 1 coat of clear.

Also, with your exterior mods. Are you going to be changing your red/clears? IF you are, ill buy them assuming they arent cracked or leaking or anything like that

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
          i think its safe to say this car is together solidly enough that i can beat on it without worrying about it falling apart. i finally ran DoctorCipher last weekend (both our cars are finally running well) and i put up a good fight until he actually got traction and walked away from me as if he wasnt even trying.

ive gone through 3 and a half tanks of gas putting me at ~1000 miles on this new setup. its time to pull the wheels off to make sure everything is still tight. im getting a slight tapping from the front left, but its so faint its hard to hear over the car running. i cant tell if its just something flapping in the wind or actually a component loose and knocking. other than that it still rolls straight with no vibrations. very solid and smooth at speeds over 100mph. im also going to check compression, valve lash, and timing. ive been getting a consistent 25-26 mpg (for both city and highway) which is a pretty good sign that my car is running well... better than i got before!! after 1000 miles its burned (or lost? doesnt appear to be leaking) just barely over 1 quart of oil. NOT BAD.

my TO DO list before the winter:
          - WASH IT... its the dirtiest its ever been, the rear end is covered in soot
          - replace the alt belt with one 1" shorter - my tensioner doesnt get tight enough
          - replace the windshield, the cracks spread 75% across it
          - get a valid inspection sticker
          - fix the BRAKE light thats stuck on
          - get a new MSD 6AL
          - stop passing people on double yellow lines at double the speed limit
          - get a new radar detector

when i had redone the engine bay i relocated my battery in the trunk using a black plastic box and a bungee cord holding it to the corner where the stock jack usually is. i never had a problem with this setup until i redid the suspension... now the battery does NOT want to stay in place. i opened my trunk to find the battery laying on its side (tension on the wires) with acid spilled all over. it ruined the carpet, cardboard panel, and soaked into the sound deadening tar and made it all flake off and get grimey everywhere. gross. now the battery refuses to stay in place i guess thats my cue to build that plywood&carpet trunk floor that ive been meaning to, so i actually have something to attach the battery to.

i need to make sure this car runs, feels, and *IS* good, before making it *LOOK* good. i wouldnt feel comfortable in a hot looking car if im ashamed to pop the hood or push the car to its limits.

my interior setup is basically planned out, hopefully building a new trunk panel will encourage me to get started redoing the rest of it.

my exterior plans are almost solidified in my head, hopefully ill be able to pick up a few body panels over the winter and get started on some of it. ive made my decision on the front bumper, sideskirts, rear lip, and taillights. not sure what im going to do with the headlights yet but i have an idea that im going to try out while im fixing my passenger side one.

no new good pictures, except this one of a flippin cool new magnet that i got. Doctorcipher pulled it off of a random car in a parking lot at our friend daves school... lmao... i think its awesome

[img]http://www.****.com/pics/92exr/rockon.jpg[/img]

lol you never had to feel ashamed to pop your hood i mean comon youve got a euro R h22 geez lol

sick purple magnet

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
          1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread
          Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Mike, you dyno this car yet? Also, when you raced oneoffaccord, did you use nitrous below 100mph where he took over? Have you even used nitrous yet?
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

hows the car running mike? ill get up with u later

Comment

Mike, Another questino for you LOL.

Is there a specific reason that you cut wholes to do you drivers side tuck? did you not want to use the little oppenings under where your current holes are, but enlargened. Also by cutting those holes, arnt you scared that your gonna weaken the frame?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

nice bro

H22 comin very soon

Comment

i finally got around to putting my strut bars on! tomorrow i guess ill see if it makes a difference.

i also put my new spark plug cover on. if you want to see a closeup, go to this part of this thread. i have an extra valve cover that im still not done with

and heres a picture of my problematic battery box.

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                    Hey mike, did you do anything to prep the motor for paint? Or did you just spray on the paint. I was thinking of just spraying 2 coats of light colored high temp primer with 1 coat of clear.

Also, with your exterior mods. Are you going to be changing your red/clears? IF you are, ill buy them assuming they arent cracked or leaking or anything like that
                    i soaked the motor in "heavy engine degreaser" spray, scrubbed it with a brush/rag, and rinsed it off with brake cleaner and a clean towel. then i just sprayed a few solid coats over it. i didnt bother clearing it. and no, my red/clears will never be for sale, unless i get out of the cb game completely.

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                    Mike, you dyno this car yet? Also, when you raced oneoffaccord, did you use nitrous below 100mph where he took over? Have you even used nitrous yet?
                    still no dyno or nitrous yet
                    Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-05-2014, 12:00 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

omg i love the plug cover man its h o t HOT just like the rest of your car keep it up mike i need to come out to a meet over there some time next summer lol if my cb is done by then it just went down for the long haul and now its getting big things done still itll never match up to yours
                      Last edited by almostJDM; 10-05-2007, 12:29 AM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                      1992 Accord EX Coupe
                      My FS Thread
                      Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Well, everytime I look at this thread I feel like I have so much work to do. I love how complete your car is mechanically, and it looks pretty nice aswell.

But, the reason I came here. I stumbled upon a carputer plan that you had going a while back. Any word on that? I've been looking around online and really want to do one, once I have done more research of course.
                        Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
                          Well, everytime I look at this thread I feel like I have so much work to do. I love how complete your car is mechanically, and it looks pretty nice aswell.

But, the reason I came here. I stumbled upon a carputer plan that you had going a while back. Any word on that? I've been looking around online and really want to do one, once I have done more research of course.

the carputer plan is still fully in effect! i have the 7" touchscreen LCD and a fully featured 1.2ghz mini ITX assembled in a self cooled case that fits under my driver seat. i have a dash trim piece already set up to accept it plus a custom digital climate control setup. this is the dashboard that i will be installing the prelude cluster into.

im not going to put any of that in until im pulling out the stock dashboard with the rest of the interior, because theres a lot of other custom wiring changes/installs that im going to be doing at the same time that im changing the whole interior to black & grey... this will all be part of my interior overhaul

...the neverending project...

Current cars:

Comment

Mike, I've got 2 sets of blue sedan carpet. I know it's not as long as the coupe, but it'll work okay enough (I think).

I've also got all the blue trunk guts. If you want it, I'll let it go mad cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                              Mike, I've got 2 sets of blue sedan carpet. I know it's not as long as the coupe, but it'll work okay enough (I think).

I've also got all the blue trunk guts. If you want it, I'll let it go mad cheap.
                              thank you mike... i actually have an extra blue sedan f&r interior lmao. i need blacccckkkkkkk. ive got the dash, seats, door panels, and some of the plastic pieces covered... i need a black carpet most...

heres a few pictures from a couple days ago that i never posted.

its sad to see the euro-r head looking like this :\
                              Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-05-2014, 12:01 AM.

Current cars:

Comment

dammit mike, i didnt know u were doing a carputer! i thought i might have been the first cb7tuner with a carputer (that i know of) but that's not coming until chistmas or summer. i just need an inverter to get v1 in right now.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                                X