No announcement yet.

Smokinspeeds : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a sick project i would like to do someday but may not happen, however ill throw the idea your way if you want something siiiick.

I am liking it but not in love yet. Need a dif shifter bucket as i cant stand the throw on this one. have a couple small leaks i should get sewed up tom. Then i have to figure why idle is still jumping up and down.

Saw a glacier Blue metallic TSX yday at the deeler helping someone find a part for his own tsx. I cant wait to get that color on my car

http://images.jaxsportscars.com/pictures/40440976.jpg
    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Is that my old valve cover? And I saw you on betline in the dickeys bbq parking lot. I went up and looked at the car bro very nice.
      99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Originally posted by Bboy_Trevstuh View Post
        Is that my old valve cover? And I saw you on betline in the dickeys bbq parking lot. I went up and looked at the car bro very nice.
        Yes I do live near there NO I have not been in that parking lot at all since I've been in irving so I dunno what car you saw XD...

Comment

Another new 5th gen type r lip on the way. Doubt I will modify it with the bumper as before. 5th gen mugen rear lip is what I'm leaning toward but I need a replacement rearbumper first. Still need headlights and a hood and fenders. I want to put the replacement front clip I've had at my parents on the car and get it really straight. Blue tint will go soon as I can budget new tint.. for now I got a lot of bodywork to do. Really itching to boost the f22b dohc, just a mild 7-8 psi, maybe late this year? I will proboably try to get my po6 in the car if I can get a baseband and wideband 02 setup this summer so I can get comfortable tuning.

Interior needs some TLC,.not.looking so petty, bit audio sounds good so idc atm, just worried about fixing the exterior mostly for now.

Also need to do some bodywork to the wife's 2k accord, may put a front lip on it and get it painted the same color as mine :-)

Comment

You got yourself a good power plant in the F22B motor! I have the same one in my coupe and I absolutely love it!
            I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
            Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            My coupe!!!
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
            Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Daheavyking View Post
              You got yourself a good power plant in the F22B motor! I have the same one in my coupe and I absolutely love it!
              I hope so. It's running like crap right now tbh. I had to change the oil pan last night bc the oil drain plug was stripped out. This morning it barely has power past 4k and pretty much isn't pulling past 5 at all. Idle is jumping up and down regardless of throttle position. I really haven't found any vacuum leaks. I want to start learning to tune and put my chipped po6 in but I need someone to send a basemap and so far nobody has answered pms.

Comment

So we figured out it is probably a clogged cat. Going to attempt to build my own exhaust since I've had the parts in a box for a long time...

Not sure it will work, but going to go resonator, magnaflow cat, resonater since one of the res is weld in one is bolt in and will bolt up to headers. I may butt the cat up to the first res to keep it as close to headers as possible, but since it doesn't bolt up im not welding directly to the headers so cat cant be first =/...

anywho i have to see how cutting the pipe to size goes, if I have a hard time ill use the bandsaw at work during break XD...

Comment

UPDATES IN PROGRESS!

Old cat was definitely severely clogged, so bye bye old exhaust.

HUGE difference in size from stock to 2.5"

Almost done just havent welded the muffler because i need the angle just right, and I need to replace my old cut rear bumper before i can tell exactly how it needs to go. Possibly pulling bumpers and fenders this weekend. Big problem with doing anything right now is this blistering HEAT we are having.

Comment

OEM 93 bumper, and the new exhaust is finally done! Looks a million times better. New exhaust is a bit louder than I wanted, but it has an amazing tone with the flowmaster 44 muffler. I will try get get a vid soon. Found the clutch problem, clutch line from passenger side to slave had two indents on the bottom side that were seeping fluid out. The braided line I ordered on eBay was the wrong size fitting so I had to run around oand get an OEM replacement one, now the eBay seller is making excuses.. so I sent a pic and will be opening a dispute if they make anymore dodge attempts. Tint and front bumper soon, as well as hood and fenders, then the body work and paint! I can't wait.
                    Last edited by Smokinspeeds; 07-22-2012, 03:17 PM.

Comment

score at the junkyard!

Scored big today! Found a black leather SE, seats were no good.but three panels were perfect and riverside has a minority moderate tear, but its so hard to get black leather so I got it anyways. Picked up matching black foot trim panels and black middle pillar lower covers, and the car also had rear mud guards in mint condition! But the.big score were near perfect 92 prelude seats,and shifter bucket with attached short shift adapter! 26$ per seat and 10$ for the shifter! Also got a rear trunk lid, no good used hoods so just going to get a new OEM style one on Monday. Probably camping out at parents next weekend to instal the front clip and bumper, fenders, headlights etc.

Last edited by Smokinspeeds; 07-28-2012, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Nice score on the SE parts and the Prelude seats. You will absolutely love those seats once they're in.

If you want black front seatbelts, and can't get them from the SE, use the Prelude ones.

Grab all the belts from the SE if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                          Nice score on the SE parts and the Prelude seats. You will absolutely love those seats once they're in.

If you want black front seatbelts, and can't get them from the SE, use the Prelude ones.

Grab all the belts from the SE if you can.
                          Thanks for the info. I need belts. The problem is the se is 91 auto belt and I got rid of those ages ago. I guess I need to go back for the belts from the lude. Do they bolt up like the stock ones?

Comment

wow man. you have so much on the go its crazy! You could setup tent for a month and just work on the car I bet feels nice though I bet! I'd say with a diff engine, seats, bumper, muffler, dash, and whatever else you almost have a new car. Loving it!

Comment

I love your headlight conversion, and you ride is so unique....A+

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                              BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                              Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                              CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
                                Thanks for the info. I need belts. The problem is the se is 91 auto belt and I got rid of those ages ago. I guess I need to go back for the belts from the lude. Do they bolt up like the stock ones?
                                Do you have auto or manual belts? Not sure if Ludes in the US had auto belts too, but being in Canada, my cars have manual belts, so I swapped in the black front belts from the Prelude. Required to drill an extra hole, but otherwise, a direct bolt in deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X