• Show
Clear All

• AAPOQ
    replied
    NICE man, l wish my cbs lights were that bright lol

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Output pics at night. Just thought I would post a couple I took a few days ago. They still need aiming.but these things are amazing with the Philips bulbs...

Off..

On..

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
    Looking good, Jeremiah. You'll have to let me know when you start painting.
    Thanks. Why so, you got tips or you want to get a paint job yourself? I've done enough rattle can to get the jist of spray patterns, I will spray under the hood and engine bay first to check the best settings for the gun and I should be golden.

Hopefully I can get prep work done this week and next, so two weekends from now is my goal.

Leave a comment:

• Jarrett
    replied
    Looking good, Jeremiah. You'll have to let me know when you start painting.

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
    Hey i have the same one! did yours come without wheels too!? Bastards! They said on the box it came with wheels haha. Mine did not

Those bad boys, with the right impact, can get anything off. Just took off the driver side knuckle assembly and boy did it come in handy.
    Heh.. I got it used for 220$, a few years old but almost never used, tires mostly.. it is for painting. Most guns require 10 cfm at 90 psi, which even this can't do, but there is a harbor freight gun for 14$ with very good reviews that sprays at 6cfm at 55 ish psi so that is easy with this. I will break even vs a basic job, however I can do the door jams and engine bay as well which costs a LOT at any shop, then do my wife's car later for just the cost of paint after fixing her hail dmg. I'll pick up tools later when I can afford them, I know how handy they can be!

Leave a comment:

• dhill_cb7
    replied
    Hey i have the same one! did yours come without wheels too!? Bastards! They said on the box it came with wheels haha. Mine did not

Those bad boys, with the right impact, can get anything off. Just took off the driver side knuckle assembly and boy did it come in handy.

Leave a comment:

• crazymikey
    replied
    I'm gonna guess that's for the paint job.

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    4rth post in a row by yours truly.

I wonder what this could be for...

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    So, generic 3 core civic half rad ordered to replace my busted one. Almost got a 2 core but figured I get a nice fat 3" 3 core with the TX heat we have. Also bump stops to help me not bottom out so I can actually use most of the drop the coilovers allow. These really should never have been made with this low of a spring rate and this low of a drop option.

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    I swear the things this car puts me through.

Filled up and ran through the car wash just around the corner from my house after work. Get out and sitting at a light I see some steam from my hood so I'm thinking its water from the car wash. After a minute I look down and see my temp gauge in the red so I roll home (like half a mile) careful as I could and get out and look and there is coolant everywhere. So I spray a bit of water on the block for a few minutes, then poor the rest from the bottle into the radiator .... and here it drop straight out of the bottom and hit the ground.

So I popped my radiator drain plug out apparently.

In better news, besides having to figure out how to stop the bumping up front (I've raised it a bit twice ><) I got the insurance check for some kids stealing some stuff out of my wifes car a couple weeks ago, which I didn't think was going to happen since I didn't have any receipts or pictures (who takes a pic of their gps and cd's?) so I just have to work out the hail dmg on the roof and a couple other imperfections and I can get this baby painted!

There is yet another wiring gremlin I have to figure out as well, when the car is off, the pass side front signal light stays on really low, and the motor fan is turning very very slowly (not normal speed after being turned off). Unplugged the fan and the light went off, but when the lights are on now the pass side signal is weaker than it should be. Note that that side I had to wire the bumper light signal wires to the pass side upper signals because they weren't working. (and I dont have lowbeam power at all, the high beams are powering low beams) Don't ask, I've replaced all the lighting relays, signal relay, tried a different switch. I'm not rewiring the whole car. I just pray it doesn't catch on fire some random day. Such is the bucket of little headaches known as my car that has cost me most weekends this year.

/rant

*edit

I didnt pop the drain plug out, i broke the rad. a 2.5" bump at the car wash ...
    Last edited by Smokinspeeds; 10-04-2012, 08:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
    You mean to say this isn't a automotive diary forum.................................

What!!!!!

Thats what I use it for, lol. Just to keep up with past changes and future plans.

It seems as though eventualy all our cars go back toward the stock direction... Lookin good and Great color choice.
    He lives! Yes, stock happens to be very affordable on these cars... 400+ for some more cb5 or cc2 headlights or even just 1 pc is just too much at this point. But I digress, the projector retro isn't exactly back to stock

Leave a comment:

• KeeleDesign
    replied
    You mean to say this isn't a automotive diary forum.................................

What!!!!!

Thats what I use it for, lol. Just to keep up with past changes and future plans.

It seems as though eventualy all our cars go back toward the stock direction... Lookin good and Great color choice.

Leave a comment:

• AAPOQ
    replied
    Here's the rear lip I bought. A little pricey looking back now....
    http://www.absdynamics.com/90-93-hon...9093MU_204.php

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
    That Glacier blue will totally pop on your car. If you do that colour and keep some black accents, like your headlights, side moldings, window tint and wheels, it will look so bad ass!

I love the current colour, but I agree 110% with the glacier blue choice. I can't wait to see it.
    Yeah I would need to pull more side mouldings, and I have looked, most are cracked at the side seams from heat. I might do a thin chrome strip on the moulding, it would look good with the color scheme. I am planning on leaving the black cd type r lip black, and getting a rear lip and having that black as well. I will prob leave the miniskirts on when it gets painted.

I put new bushings on the sway bar. New driver side tie rod and alignment this week for the drop. Might do the bisi gasket next weekend? Starting bodywork soon, I am so eager to get this done!

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by jchsmiley View Post
    Looks good, I would work on the alignment of the front end ..

Did you get those tein coilovers installed?
    Coilovers are why I posted those pics! I dropped the front all the way, no gap, but it's hitting a bit so its going up half an inch or so when I get home.

Believe it or not the front end is straighter than when I bought the car. If you want to help me get it looking even better I welcome the help, I don't know how much more I can get out of it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X