Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    thanks palinix, btw we need to hang out again if you haven't already left for atl!

Keele, yeah I've seen those pics before, I like how it looks better now, but I get how it looks too high. BUT! lol I can see how you could make it look good again.. take a rear bumper lip or any 'lip' that is flat, put it all the way across the bottom edge, with the muffler inside as well, and fill everything with a grate accept the muffler area being open with open and some sort of solid lip/line around it. Best thing to compare this look to would be a mazda rx8, or some of the other mazdas, they have the rear bumper like yours with the open part filled with a plastic sort of grate, you could copy that for the most part with the exhaust off to the side and b/c of the grate still get plenty of airflow.

I should work for a company designing body kits lol, I'd make stuff not just ricers would like lol...

Leave a comment:

• palinix
    replied
    The rear bumper looks great man. It turned out really nicely.

Leave a comment:

• KeeleDesign
    replied

this is really gona look kewl!
    kinda reminds me of my old bumper i was changed, not in style but in time and creativity..

kinda makes me want to redo mine again.

how i have it now allow for pretty much 0 drag because the air flows out but it also makes the back look taller..

but the thing is this is what it looks like when on my knees for the pic..

i duno maybe if i painted that sway bar to match or really stand out..

but i am liking the way yours is gona look.

more classy, instead of full race.. i guess..

Leave a comment:

• KeeleDesign
    replied
    ohh ok...

i get confused sometimes ..

because when you say they didn't tape it up i'm like why would they do that and i forget...

When we paint anything we remove every bumper every molding every window every bolt etc, there is no taping stuff up like that, but yeah... lol

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by KeelesKustome
    why are you painting it?\
    why not prime it and ride for a while to make sure all is well and you don't drag it anywhere first..
    i always drive with mine in primer for a week or a month to make sure i don't destroy it first.. just an option, i highly recomend having your exhaust made with it in primer before you paint it.. trust me you'll be glad in the end.
    no dude I'm not painting it for being finished, just painted it to prep it and make sure water doesn't ruin the bondo, basically it's just to prime it yes. And It will be on the car before it gets officially painted, but I'd rather take it off if I go to a shop where I don't know the ppl b/c they sucked and sprayed my muffler a bit, and I plan on having much of the taping off done myself nomatter who does it... The front bumper sooner than later will get re-worked as well, it's scraped a little bit and got slight cracks (not terrible should be easy to fix) and so I'll have the bumpers still black (not gloss this time) and soon shave and prime the doors, roof trim lines, antenna, I still have a crazy trunk/spoiler custom idea to do, plus fix various little nicks and dings I didn't do the first time since I didn't know anything about bodywork.

Leave a comment:

• KeeleDesign
    replied
    why are you painting it?\
    why not prime it and ride for a while to make sure all is well and you don't drag it anywhere first..
    i always drive with mine in primer for a week or a month to make sure i don't destroy it first.. just an option, i highly recomend having your exhaust made with it in primer before you paint it.. trust me you'll be glad in the end.

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Hmm, your directions are a bit confusing, I think I get what your saying. Make a mold of masking tape, then fill it from the back? I could have done something like that, but it's a rather odd shape I had to end up with, I don't think the result would have been near what it needed to be, so I probably would have spend just as much time after making the shape and then fixing it after. Hopefully it never cracks and needs repair, it had plenty of time between every few layers to cure, and it's overlapping onto the bumper a decent bit (had to for shape plus it helps with making it solid). It looks even better now btw! on to the paint...

Leave a comment:

• KeeleDesign
    replied
    wow intresting.. i am glad to see body work hasn't scarred you..
    You gotta love kitty hair.

for further notice just a recomendation... next time instead of starting with kitty hair,
    Where you have your mesh, leave the mesh...
    Now on the outside of the bumper, use some 2" wide ,masking tape and tape your bumper off, kinda how it would look as the finish product, except it's tape. Now flip the bumper over so you are looking at the inside.
    You will see the mesh then the tape. Get out your cloth for your fiberglass resin, cut about 5 layers of the design it needs to be, and lay them 1 at a time, poking it around with a paint stick or roller to make sure all the airbubbles are out, put all 5 on before it gets hard.
    wait 20 min or so, and flip the bumper back over, pull the tape off and you'll have a perfect contore fiberglass shape.

Now you will only have to wipe a thin layer of filler once or twice, before the bumper is complete
    and walla you'd never have to worry about it cracking or shrinking showing the old body lines..
    but your outcome looks great and I'm not saying you did it wrong...
    There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Last edited by KeeleDesign; 11-08-2008, 06:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lonski
    replied
    I love what you did on your bumper! I'm also pondering on doing a mod on my front, but don't have a clue where to start and what materials to use (actually posted that question a few mins ago).

Leave a comment:

• prNonVtec4u
    replied
    wow, you have great ideas man, keep it up!!!

keep us posted

Leave a comment:

• AccordSe91
    replied
    nice job with the bumper!

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Wow, surprised to see my mr thread getting some love! Well I've been kinda slow working on the current bumper project, but it's FINally almost almost done, I'm hoping to paint and finalize prep work for getting it ready for real paint. It probably won't go on the car by this Dec meet, b/c I'm still figuring out what all I want to do with the exhaust, and where in the world to get a good section of 2.5" pipe longer than 2'... That and this being my second major bodywork undertaking, I'm confident enough to soon take on shaving the car, and I'll probably get the whole bumper on when I'm ready to take the whole car to the shop to get painted.

I happy fingered me a set of projector lenses on ebay, so my cb5 headlights will be getting the HID treatment. I will be trying a 1200 color temp set (ultra blue) from a newer ebayer company, omni auto sports, which runs just over $200. I talked to the guy (he's actually in Dallas) and I feel quite comfortable with the quality of the kit. They are made in germany by Hella, and the same manufaturer that makes these makes the phillips brand, so while not having the same pattents, the build quality will still be far better than the sub $100 sets that melt in a matter of months. I figured there has to be a halfway point between spending $600-700 on a retro fit that will work at least almost as well, and I will be doing a FULL write up and after 6mos or so a follow up.

teaser pics

and a phone picture where you can see kinda what itll look like...

shweeet huh? Full thread with progress video to come soon! I just wish I could have it on the car sooner

Leave a comment:

• Bboy_Trevstuh
    replied
    Got to say it has came a long way. Need a drop bro I sell you my old coilovers for $20, still have the stock shocks on from when I got the car never blew after 2 years!

Leave a comment:

• midnightrayne
    replied
    the vc is pimp! i sure wouldnt mind one like that on the accord, in red of course.

Leave a comment:

• zipcreature
    replied
    VC ftw. I love it. Still not a fan of the 3 spokes. But i enjoy your creativity.

DaddyC

Leave a comment:

Working...
X