mndude07 : 1992 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post

Looking good! Smoked corners? And CD5 lip?
    Yup. Thanks man!

the CD5 lip is cracked to hell though lol.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
      Yup. Thanks man!

i seem to have one that is not being used...

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Yup. Thanks man!

That sucks! Wish I could help! And did you smoke your own corners or bought them like that?
        1990 Accord EX

Comment

That sucks! Wish I could help! And did you smoke your own corners or bought them like that?
          I smoked them myself with nightshades. I didn't go as dark as most people...I wanted to still be able to see the orange. I just used very, very light coats. Nightshades is tricky paint because it runs easily.

Comment

For some reason I really want to do at least something new with the exterior of my car...but in the past I haven't been able to justify it when I could use the money to upgrade the car's performance. What do you all think? Fuck looks and go for performance for now, or should I go for something to make it look better for the time being?

Comment

Car's looking real clean bro!

As for modding, ever consider getting a new set of wheels? A set of nice lightweight wheels and a good set of tires will improve acceleration, handling and looks for sure

Or if you want something else, how do you feel about CF hood? Less weight, and it looks good too? Anyways, just throwing some ideas out there for you

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

I like these wheels. I know theyre OEM EXs, but you did a good job painting them and they just flow with your car. I would say Rotas, but i know how much you're trying to get away from looking like Yeaman's car. But honestly, its been so long, i bet few would remember

A CF hood would be a nice touch. Would set the front end off for sure.

Idk if you've considered it or if anyone else has mentioned anything, but what about a GRILLE...??

I know where you're going Adam. Joking aside, i think Ronald was onto something with either wheels or a CF hood. A blizzshade would look like sex on the back of your car too.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

How about painting your bumpers the same color as the car, getting some aftermarket wheels, a sedan trunk(wingless), and a mugen/xenon lip?
                  1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R View Post
                    Car's looking real clean bro!

As for modding, ever consider getting a new set of wheels? A set of nice lightweight wheels and a good set of tires will improve acceleration, handling and looks for sure

Or if you want something else, how do you feel about CF hood? Less weight, and it looks good too? Anyways, just throwing some ideas out there for you

Ronald
                    Thanks Ronald, I really appreciate it. Your car is like the older, bigger brother of mine lol. I always pay close attention to your endeavors with the suspension.
                    I have a mental list of things I want, and a carbon fiber hood and wheels are both on it. I could have bought a set of nice wheels a long time ago, I just haven't because I'm very picky about wheels. Not only the style, but the color, width, offset, etc. Hopefully one of those two things will come soon.

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                    I like these wheels. I know theyre OEM EXs, but you did a good job painting them and they just flow with your car. I would say Rotas, but i know how much you're trying to get away from looking like Yeaman's car. But honestly, its been so long, i bet few would remember

A CF hood would be a nice touch. Would set the front end off for sure.

Idk if you've considered it or if anyone else has mentioned anything, but what about a GRILLE...??

I know where you're going Adam. Joking aside, i think Ronald was onto something with either wheels or a CF hood. A blizzshade would look like sex on the back of your car too.
                    Mike, I'm not too worried about Yeamans anymore because of what you said...I almost bought a set of slipstreams last summer! A carbon fiber hood will come eventually...but I will get it paint matched. Yes, you won't be able to tell its carbon. I'm interested in the weight reduction, and not interested in everyone in the city knowing I have a 500 dollar hood on my car.

Like I said to Ronald, wheels will come, I'm just very, very picky. I am in the process of replacing my black 9293 EX wheels. I will replace them with CD5 7 spokes, which I will have powdercoated black just like the 9293 EXs...then I'll sell the EXs. Those will only be my winter wheels though....I need something better for the spring/summer/fall.

For a grill, well I took my DIY grill off to fix it like a year ago and just haven't finished it lol. I don't see a point in bothering since I plan to buy a blizzgrill in the future. I'm not a fan of the blizzshade though.

How about painting your bumpers the same color as the car, getting some aftermarket wheels, a sedan trunk(wingless), and a mugen/xenon lip?

A sedan trunk is definitely on my list also....a carbon fiber sedan trunk to be more exact. That's the reason I haven't done it already. Carbon trunks aren't cheap or easy to find! I've thought about painting my bumpers to match the body alot, and I'm still not sure. It would look cleaner, but then at the same time, black wheels wouldn't look as good and the car wouldn't seem as dark...and I love black wheels.
                    As far as the lip goes, I'm unsure too. I plan to get custom ground controls and go a little lower, so I'm afraid a mugen, xenon, or legend lip will just scrape on everything. I might stick with the CD5 lip.

Comment

A sedan trunk is definitely on my list also....a carbon fiber sedan trunk to be more exact. That's the reason I haven't done it already. Carbon trunks aren't cheap or easy to find! I've thought about painting my bumpers to match the body alot, and I'm still not sure. It would look cleaner, but then at the same time, black wheels wouldn't look as good and the car wouldn't seem as dark...and I love black wheels.
                      As far as the lip goes, I'm unsure too. I plan to get custom ground controls and go a little lower, so I'm afraid a mugen, xenon, or legend lip will just scrape on everything. I might stick with the CD5 lip.
                      Cool, CF hood and trunk sounds good! If you like black wheels(which I do too) why don't you get some black or black/polished lip wheels? And since you plan on going lower, keeping the CD5 lip is a good idea!
                      1990 Accord EX

Comment

Cool, CF hood and trunk sounds good! If you like black wheels(which I do too) why don't you get some black or black/polished lip wheels? And since you plan on going lower, keeping the CD5 lip is a good idea!
                        I feel that black with a polished lip is too common, and plus I just don't really like the look. The wheels will be all black if anything...I might do a wild lip color, but it depends on the wheel. White wheels and fully polished wheels are being considered also.

Comment

I feel that black with a polished lip is too common, and plus I just don't really like the look. The wheels will be all black if anything...I might do a wild lip color, but it depends on the wheel. White wheels and fully polished wheels are being considered also.
                          You're right about black/polished lip wheels! And all-white wheels would be nice but they'd look better with color-matched bumpers!
                          1990 Accord EX

Comment

You were debating orange as a possible side color before, werent you? Maybe orange lip? But like deep, dark orange or if it is bright, make it subtle.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                              You were debating orange as a possible side color before, werent you? Maybe orange lip? But like deep, dark orange or if it is bright, make it subtle.
                              Its definitely a possibility still. It would be a pretty thin stripe of color. Much like Boost_lee's wheels:

Comment

Those look so fucking sweet!

If not orange then purple. Darker than his though.

Comment

Working...
                                X