No announcement yet.

mndude07 : 1992 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my car lost its virginity last night...and by that I mean got its first ticket. 72 in a 60 at about 1am with no traffic around.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

No one comments on my car anymore.

Front right caliper piston failed today, so I rebuilt the caliper in 12 degrees.

My megan racing rear lower arms should be here this week..I hope.

Comment

oooo......MR LCAs.....nice. cant wait to see them homie. you, Gunrunner and 1990ex got me wanting a pair. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
          oooo......MR LCAs.....nice. cant wait to see them homie. you, Gunrunner and 1990ex got me wanting a pair. lol.
          haha, I'll let you know how they are when I get them installed. The MR toe arms will be next then.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
            haha, I'll let you know how they are when I get them installed. The MR toe arms will be next then.
            nice. i got my front UCAs with poly bushings sitting in front of me. lol. ill put them in on Tuesday when i have the day off. along with wet sanding the CB. give it some shine. haha.

Comment

nice. i got my front UCAs with poly bushings sitting in front of me. lol. ill put them in on Tuesday when i have the day off. along with wet sanding the CB. give it some shine. haha.
              Cool, which UCA's? The TASpro ones?

Comment

Cool, which UCA's? The TASpro ones?
                some off of ebay. got them both for like $60 i think. 199ex got some from the same guy and love his. but i took the extra step and got some poly UCA bushings from TAS.

Comment

some off of ebay. got them both for like $60 i think. 199ex got some from the same guy and love his. but i took the extra step and got some poly UCA bushings from TAS.
                  Gotcha. I really need to start replacing all my bushings. My friend has a 90 DA integra and his lower rear shock bushing just ate itself apart from age and auto-x. Well I'm replacing 4 of the bushings in the rear with these megan arms...its a start.

Comment

Gotcha. I really need to start replacing all my bushings. My friend has a 90 DA integra and his lower rear shock bushing just ate itself apart from age and auto-x. Well I'm replacing 4 of the bushings in the rear with these megan arms...its a start.
                    at least your doing something man. ill be replacing my LBJ with my next check. they're ok for now. the boots are a tad bit torn. the UBJ tho are torn and got all kinds of crap in the boots. ugh...

Comment

winter is killing my projects
                      wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                        winter is killing my projects
                        Me too. I've had a productive two days despite the cold though.
                        Yesterday, we put Skunk2 ProS coilovers on my friend's new civic si
                        Today, I replaced the ignition coil on my dad's van, and rebuilt my brake caliper. When I get the MR arms, they'll go on too.

Comment

72 in a 60
                          My first ticket was for 12 over too, lol.

All-in-all, it looks and sounds like things are really coming together Adam. Like you said, it's time to stop tuning and start engineering. Your car is still stock enough and doesnt have a whole lot done to it, so you can still swing things around without having to change alot.

Im curious as to what you've found out or are thinking about scrub radius. Staying positive or going negative?

I love your BBB and that Neuspeed looks real comfortable, lol. Did you remove the letters or am i seeing things? They were starting to go and i had debated removing them anyway.

Glad you finally got a good camera now, too. Means no excuses for updates WITH pics.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                            My first ticket was for 12 over too, lol.

All-in-all, it looks and sounds like things are really coming together Adam. Like you said, it's time to stop tuning and start engineering. Your car is still stock enough and doesnt have a whole lot done to it, so you can still swing things around without having to change alot.

Im curious as to what you've found out or are thinking about scrub radius. Staying positive or going negative?

I love your BBB and that Neuspeed looks real comfortable, lol. Did you remove the letters or am i seeing things? They were starting to go and i had debated removing them anyway.

Glad you finally got a good camera now, too. Means no excuses for updates WITH pics.

Thanks Mike!
                            As for scrub radius, I still have to do some research and talk to some of my fellow students about the details...but here's the gist of it:

Draw an imaginary line between the top and bottom pivot points of the suspension, so on the CB7 between the upper and lower balljoints in the front. Now, if you're looking at the car from the front and the centerline of your tire lines up perfectly with that imaginary line, the car is said to have zero scrub.

I was told that every car has an actual ideal number for scrub, depending on center of gravity, weight distribution, suspension geometry, etc. So, to optimize handling in terms of wheel offset, you want to find that ideal scrub radius number and then match it with your wheel offset.

This is why wider is not always better. Going too wide has an adverse affect on wheel bearings too. Now, I hate to say this, but its for this reason that a wheel/offset package like Ronald_typeR's may actually be hurting his car's handling. It may not be...but its possible. This is also the reason why I strongly argure that the zero/low offset guys can't possibly have a good handling car.

Also, I love the Neuspeed bar, but yeah, I removed the letters. The white wasn't working for me. I might get a black decal for it at some point. I have plans to paint match my bumpers and moldings too, so I may not have a BBB by the end of summer.

I'll be taking more pics of updates now though for sure.

Comment

Yeah, i never saw the need for the lower or 0-offset. Occassionally it looks cool, but its more Form>Fucntion than anything.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

The intake tube is a custom made pipe, and I bought a gigantic filter separately.
                                True! How's the 5-lug hunt going?
                                1990 Accord EX

Comment

Working...
                                X