No announcement yet.

greencb7inkc : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF? Why waste money on that cardboard crap?
    Plywood would have probably been cheaper.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

nice clean green sedan
      1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
        QFT. Most genuine honda parts are rather pricey, obviously especially straight from a dealer. But those sure beat the LED glow ones
        I have or had a set of green ones and had thought, many time, about using them just for shock value.

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
        WTF? Why waste money on that cardboard crap?
        Plywood would have probably been cheaper.
        You shut the hell up!
        Actually, it wasnt. I went to the hardware store and all-in-all, it was the same price and this is already made and hinged and all set-up ready to go. I know its alot to pay for such a thing, but it equaled the same. And actually, this things pretty thick and a little heavy. If i can remember, ill take some measurements, but i was really surprised at how thick and heavy it is.

Originally posted by rezist09 View Post
        nice clean green sedan
        Thanks.

I didnt get a chance to get to the hardware store for the tubing, so ill probably do that tomorrow after work.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

5G rear sidemarkers on the way. I'll probably tackle that in a week or so, after they get here.

Next up is the antenna and OEM visors. Always a few pair of visors on Ebay, so maybe ill go that route. As for the antenna, Majestic is nuts and i need to call the dealership here and find out what they'll charge me for the whole thing; motor and mast and all. Probably a small fortune.

If thats the case, then ill have to hit up JYs, CL and sale ads and hope i can find a good deal.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

the red rear sidemarkers right? I can't remember. Anyway man, how's your windshield now!? bet you can spray 'n' see. I need to replace mine as well. Though there was a section of rotted and torn hose, my attempt to clean the passenger side nozzle with a fine pin turned out to be a fail. How much did you pay for those nozzles from Honda??

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
              the red rear sidemarkers right? I can't remember. Anyway man, how's your windshield now!? bet you can spray 'n' see. I need to replace mine as well. Though there was a section of rotted and torn hose, my attempt to clean the passenger side nozzle with a fine pin turned out to be a fail. How much did you pay for those nozzles from Honda??
              Yes, the red ones.

I still need to run and hook up the new hose. The new nozzles are in, but i havent aimed them yet.

I tried sewing needles and i even dunked it in boiling water and sucked all the shit out and blew air through it and cleaned all the gunk out and they still FAIL'd.

From www.hondaautomotiveparts.com i paid like $5/ea. I also just reused the flat grommet piece from my old nozzles as that was still in good shape.

Comment

Yeah I gotta work on mine too.

So what are your plans with it now?

life is good.

Comment

Got the new hose hooked up. New stuff is still hard to work with, lol, but it bends more and isnt as stiff.

The problem with our cars is the routing of the hose. The factory way still causes a kink, but it happens over time and its bending on more than one plane, if that makes sense. Ill try to get pics, but im gonna work on either finding a new route or i may just have to rig it somehow. We'll see.

Comment

you didnt see mine at the meet?
                    wat?

Comment

Have you tried using heat on the hose to get it to bend better without kinking?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                        you didnt see mine at the meet?
                        .....no.

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                        Have you tried using heat on the hose to get it to bend better without kinking?
                        The old stuff or the new stuff? The old stuff just plain sucked. It was hard to bend, hard to maneuver and everything. The new stuff moves and bends, but its still rigid and still takes a little force to remove from the ends of the nozzles.

Comment

I was talking about the new stuff. When I pulled the old hose out of my car it would straighten out but it went right back to how it was bent lol. I thought you were saying the new stuff wouldn't bend without kinking. That's why I was saying if you used a heat gun or something it might make it easier to work with.

Comment

Well, hoses wont bend without kinking. At least not this small.

I tried running it the original path and it was ok, but i tried my new way and it definitely kinked up. I'll try re-running it the original way and see what that does. If it doesnt work, then i'll have to figure out a new way and make a DIY on it, lol.

Comment

Went out earlier today to show the wifey the ol' mighty Missouri River. Went down some gravel roads, and well, this is what you get, lol.

I know, i know...she needs a bath. She might get one this week sometime. This snow and rain is just the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                                Went out earlier today to show the wifey the ol' mighty Missouri River. Went down some gravel roads, and well, this is what you get, lol.

I know, i know...she needs a bath. She might get one this week sometime. This snow and rain is just the worst.

Tell me about it, I thought we were done with the snow...It's quite depreesing but at least it didn't stay long this go round....
                                The CB7 Collector.
                                Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                                92 LX Coupe F22A1
                                2013 Toyota Corolla S
                                92 EX Sedan F22A1
                                Originally posted by deevergote
                                Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
                                X