greencb7inkc : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
    Here to Murfreesboro is 7 hours. 400miles. Day trip.
    14 hours round trip? Ehhh,....

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Not really...

My OEMs are squeaking and i dont imagine the T1s wouldb e any harder or harsher than the ride im already getting.
      LOL yes it would still be a harsher ride. Also, the T1's don't have damping adjustment, but they are matched to the spring rates. The valving is set. Even with adjustable damping, you set it properly and leave it alone. Playing with it all the time is pointless. So, from a performance standpoint, it doesn't matter. However, you have no control over ride comfort....but making the ride softer is going to yield less damping for the springs...so performance suffers.
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

But what performance? Lol. I drive my car to work and back and around town. It sees no tracks, or corners. Especially at high speeds. I just wanna go low but dont wanna feel every fucking bump.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

But what performance? Lol. I drive my car to work and back and around town. It sees no tracks, or corners. Especially at high speeds. I just wanna go low but dont wanna feel every fucking bump.
          Which is why I still ask why you are going to bother spending the money for full coilovers?
          A setup like Jayson's old one will be more comfortable and be probably 1/2 of the cost.

Comment

That was another option i had thought about. Just getting a set of springs, but i like adjustability.

Im indecisive and TBH, i'll probably end getting the type-IIs, lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

That was another option i had thought about. Just getting a set of springs, but i like adjustability.

Im indecisive and TBH, i'll probably end getting the type-IIs, lol.
              I'm confused Mike. You say you like adjustability but you also say you just want comfort and to be low and don't care about performance. The F2's on full soft are going to be stiffer than a spring/shock combo most likely, so it just doesn't make any sense to me.

There's a difference between spring being properly dampened and a comfortable ride. You can have springs that are properly dampened, but still be uncomfortable, like my car. It isn't bouncy, its just stiff. A comfortable setup is going to have proper damping yet be softer...which is why I say a spring/shock combo. If the function and forms are made properly, the full soft setting on the F2's should be equal to the valving on the F1's AT LEAST....that being said, and you wanting a comfortable ride, you might as well get the F1's because if you had the F2's then you would just have them on full soft most or all the time anyway if you see what I mean.

However, if my assumption about their valving isn't true, or if you want to be able to turn them up stiff from time to time, then go ahead lol.

Comment

Yeah, that's true. I dont know that the valving on the T1s is the same as the T2s. Im sure i can find out though.

I like the GCs. If i go spring/shock combo, i want GCs for sure. So that means i need a shock. The Koni Yellows are too much, so i was looking into either KYB. Either AGX or GR-2.

I think the GR-2 would better suit my needs.

Comment

Yeah, that's true. I dont know that the valving on the T1s is the same as the T2s. Im sure i can find out though.

I like the GCs. If i go spring/shock combo, i want GCs for sure. So that means i need a shock. The Koni Yellows are too much, so i was looking into either KYB. Either AGX or GR-2.

I think the GR-2 would better suit my needs.
                  The GR-2 isn't strong enough for GC's. I would get Koni STR.T shocks. Their valving is almost the same as Koni Yellows on full soft...which is plenty for GCs. They're actually about the same price, if not cheaper than GR-2's also. They're about 59 dollars each from Neuspeed.

Comment

Yeah. Koni has them for about the same.

Neuspeed also has the Cup Kit. Dammit. Lol. I need to just draw from a hat and what i draw is what i get, lol.

The Cup Kit is only $700. 14mm height adjust, external rebound damping and a lifetime warranty...

Comment

Yeah. Koni has them for about the same.

Neuspeed also has the Cup Kit. Dammit. Lol. I need to just draw from a hat and what i draw is what i get, lol.

The Cup Kit is only $700. 14mm height adjust, external rebound damping and a lifetime warranty...
                      All Koni's, including the STR.T have a lifetime warranty. Also, the cup kit doesn't exactly ride smoothly. The car does handle very well though.

Comment

Do you think the STR.T's on GC's would ride smoother than the cup kit?

Comment

Do you think the STR.T's on GC's would ride smoother than the cup kit?
                          That depends on what the GC's spring rates are. I believe they are softer though, so yes. You should call Ground control and find out.

Comment

The off-the-shelf "ball park" figure i got from GC is "about 400 in the front and 300 in the rear".

Also suggested running on Koni's only because of warranty oand adjustability. But he said AGXs or Illuminas were a favorite aslo.

Adam, i was looking through you thread...
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318

and gathered from that, a few setups ive thought about:
                            -----------------------------------
                            Sprint Extremes
                            Tokico Blues
                            ---------------------
                            -90Cb7Sleeper is on this setup.

---------------------------------
                            Neuspeed Race
                            Koni SP3/Yellow
                            -------------------------
                            -This is the setup you're on, no? You stance is good, but its on full soft and you said the ride isnt very comfy. It's a good height, as you're on 15s, but id like to see if i could find something that would go maybe an inch lower.

------------------------------
                            NS Race
                            Koni STR.T
                            -----------------------
                            -Im yet to find anyone on this setup, so im not sure how it rides.

---------------------------------------
                            GC
                            KYB AGX
                            ---------------------
                            -Suggested by GC, however, i found these, total, to be right around $850. For that price i could find GC/Yellow or even the F2T2.

-----------------------------------------
                            GC
                            Koni STR.T
                            ---------------------
                            -The setup you suggested. Price range isnt bad and i dont imagine the ride to be either.

Im really trying to find a middle ground. I know im going to spend money, but it looks like there are 2 general areas; $500-$700 and $850+.

I know that i'll get what i pay for, but id like to find a happy medium. I know that if i shell out the cash for T2s, or GC/Yellow i'll be happy with the ride, but i really dont wanna spend that much. If i go cheap, i will have saved money, but my ride is going to suffer.

The thing keeping me from going all-out is what i need it for. Like ive said before, i wont be doing any tracking or extreme driving. Just a DD with the occassional moments of spirited driving. So i ride comfort comes first, with performance and in a close 2nd. Id like to keep handling good as well, but there's the conflict. If i put perforance off, a good part of handling will suffer, but thats what sway, tie and stru bars are for i guess, lol.

I wish i could have pics, prices and reviews, in front of me, of all the setups im considering, lol. I know thats what your thread was for, and it has helped, thank you, but there are a few setups im yet to see or hear about. I'll keep looking and see if i cant come to a decision. I have plenty of time before ill actually be making a purchase, so i can look for reviews and such in the meantime.
                            Last edited by MikeW; 02-04-2010, 04:08 PM.

Comment

EDIT: Flatline is currently on Skunk2s and GR-2s. Still not sure how it rides though, lol.

Comment

Sprint Extremes
                                Tokico Blues
                                ---------------------
                                -Flatline is on this setup. He's low, but i dont think the ride is very comfortable. I'm waiting for him to get back to me on that.
                                You PMed the wrong green CB.

1999 BMW M3
                                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Working...
                                X