greencb7inkc : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
    We have a balljoint press at work, but i dont know if its small enough to maneuver tight spaces, lol. What do they run anyway?

I'll look into the SPC UCAs.

Are you old RLCAs your original OEM ones?

The presses can vary in price, you just have to make sure that you have the correct size adapter for your application.

My old rlca's are original OEM as far as I'm aware. They never had any issues while they were on the car. The bushings are actually in decent condition.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Id like to do everything at once, so the only down time will be the time it takes.

Getting a press will save me time on the BJs, but with all the bushings, Tie Rods and the suspension itself, i might as well do it all at once. I can also do the alignment too. That i'll HAVE to have done immediately. When i had those TAS UCAs put on, they were so loose and so adjustable my alingment was WAY out of whack, lol.

Adam, if there was a weekend we could do this, id definitely be down for doing some hands-on shit instead of a shop. Just with work, i can put it on a tab, so to speak, or even get one of the guys to do it on the side for cheaper, lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Found these...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SPS-67265/

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

What's the problem Sir?

Good shiet! No questions asked. But only my $.02
          RETIRED...

Comment

Here's just a quick rundown on prices of stuff ive found. Id like to find some better prices though...
            Sounds yummy.

And yes, you can definitely find better prices.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Mike, the press for the balljoints is different from how you would press in/out the new and old rubber/poly bushings in the control arms. If you get control arms from a junkyard and then press the poly bushings in, you can drive your car the whole time until install day all at once. Also, those camber arms you linked to are exactly what I was talking about. As for the coilovers themselves, those will go on like cake.
              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

your front. is identical to mine. just arcadia green.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Looking good! Lots of progress since last time I was on your MRT.
                  1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
                    your front. is identical to mine. just arcadia green.
                    Nope. Your lip and grille are different.

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                    Looking good! Lots of progress since last time I was on your MRT.
                    Thanks. Unfortunately, she's in winter mode. She needs a bath, lol. Hopefully i can get everything needed to do this drop by summer. Im hoping before the 1st of June. 1st of July at the latest.

Adam....i dont know, lol. Ive never messed with bushings or BJs, so aside from what little bit of stuff we did to Ryan's car, it'll be a first for me. Im gonna see if i cant find better prices for parts today or all this week. Id like to go as OEM or name-brand as possible, but you gotta pay to play, so i expect to have to pay for a few things.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                      And yes, you can definitely find better prices.
                      Links? Lol.

So far i havent really been able to find any price differences.

TASauto has their stuff for cheap, but OEM is better.
                      They also have the cheapest, best Poly Bushing set i can find.

Majestic has all my tie rods for $210 and SummitRacing has the RUCAs for $230 shipped. The ones i linked earlier.

Comment

Ok, lol. I can get parts for cheap from the local Honda dealership here in town. The prices are ordered and shipped, minus tax. I may go that route as there's no shipping cost. I'll still get the bushings from TAS and the RUCAs from Summit.

FLBJs................$18ea.
                        OTRs................$52ea.
                        ITRs.................$42ea.
                        Summit RUCAs....$230shipped
                        TAS Bushings.....$215shipped
                        TOTAL..............$665

Thats OEM, shipped/delivered, ready to go. Not too bad. Only way it'd be cheaper is if i went with TAS-brand BJs and tie rods, and im not sure i want that, lol.

I wanna say i used to be able to get the F2T2s for like $850 shipped, but im not sure. Ill look into that.

Comment

Not bad sir, not bad. I love lists. I love lamp.

life is good.

Comment

Huh?

www.sportcompactonly.com (and other sites) have ES bushings for like $100 but theyre all just the front bushing components. TAS's set is $200 but it also has the rear components. Is it worth the extra $100???

TAS Bushings
                            SCO Bushings

Comment

Nvm Mike, wow lol.

I was saying good list though.

Thumbz Up ^
                              ll

sheesh

life is good.

Comment

I just didnt understand this part...
                                Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                                I love lamp.

Comment

Working...
                                X