greencb7inkc : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
    I dont know if the Sprints or Neuspeeds have a lifetime warranty. All Koni's do, so, yeah.
    Yeah, I was referring to the dampers. The odds of a spring itself failing is pretty slim.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Adam, what about NS Races with the STR.T or an AGX?

The Race's rates are about the same as the GCs, but theyre almost half the price.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Adam, what about NS Races with the STR.T or an AGX?

The Race's rates are about the same as the GCs, but theyre almost half the price.
        That should work fine with either setup. Races with STR.t's is going to feel similar to my car. With AGX's it may be a tad softer on full soft, but I'm not sure your damping will be proper then. I would still get the STR.t over the AGX though.

Comment

I think the reason i want adjustibility is in case i dont like it, i can change it, lol.

Like if i get it on and its too stiff, i can soften it up. If i get it on and i dont like it, im stuck with it until i can get something else, lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

I think the reason i want adjustibility is in case i dont like it, i can change it, lol.

Like if i get it on and its too stiff, i can soften it up. If i get it on and i dont like it, im stuck with it until i can get something else, lol.
            That's true. Like I said, a properly dampened suspension and a suspension that 'feels comfortable' to the driver are sometimes(usually) two different things. When I'm telling you what shocks will work with what springs, I'm meaning that the shocks will work well with the springs; the shocks should be strong enough to handle said spring rates. However, that doesn't necessarily mean you'll find it comfortable.

My logic for the STR.T is that the valving is approx. equal to the Koni yellow on full soft, and you were considering yellows, so that's the absolute most comfortable they can possibly be, is on full soft, which is roughly equal to the STR.t.

The AGX can be a little softer than the STR.t, and can also go a little stiffer than the STR.t, but the range isn't as great as the Koni yellow. This is referring to the rebound. The AGX has less compression in all cases than the STR.t or the Yellow...at least based off a graphical comparison from mustang struts I found. I can't verify this for sure, but I'm assuming the trends will be very similar for just about any vehicle.

Comment

Basically, the Yellow and STRT are the same. The only thing the AGX offers is adjustability, but so does the Yellow.

I think the AGX would be the best bet though. The Yellow and STRT are similar. You're paying more for the Yellow for adjustability(most likely). The AGX can be softer and stiffer than the STRT, but like its price, is not quite up to par with the Yellow.

The Yellow would be the ultimate choice, then the AGX, then the STR.T.

I think, lol.

Comment

Basically, the Yellow and STRT are the same. The only thing the AGX offers is adjustability, but so does the Yellow.

I think the AGX would be the best bet though. The Yellow and STRT are similar. You're paying more for the Yellow for adjustability(most likely). The AGX can be softer and stiffer than the STRT, but like its price, is not quite up to par with the Yellow.

The Yellow would be the ultimate choice, then the AGX, then the STR.T.

I think, lol.

It depends on the price difference between the STR.t and the AGX. The AGX's full soft might be too soft is all I'm saying. Honestly, I think you'd like any of those three.

Comment

STR.T's = $250

AGX = $400

Yellow = $500

GC = $350
                  Sprints = $235
                  NS Race = $200

Comment

STR.T's = $250

AGX = $400

Yellow = $500

GC = $350
                    Sprints = $235
                    NS Race = $200
                    See, I think the price difference between the STR.t and the AGX isn't worth it. I would do STR.t personally....don't forget the lifetime warranty. To me, if you're spending 400 for AGX's, spend the extra 100 and get Yellow SP3's.

Comment

What? No no no, go all out race car setup. Shocks with HUGE travel distances and external reservoirs, BIG stiff springs, and then jump your car through the grass going to your work and do it rally style.

Mike, If you aren't going to push your car very hard, something like the Koni yellows won't do you much good in the comfort category. On the very softest setting (for me) it's just soft enough to NOT make you want to puke if you happen to be feeling bad that day. If I kept them all the way firm all the time, I'd be talking to the dinosaurs more often. *BWRAAAAAAAAaaaaa* The Koni / Neuspeed setup can take a serious beating but I think you'll be able to find better ride quality with a lower ride height for less money.
                      Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
                        What? No no no, go all out race car setup. Shocks with HUGE travel distances and external reservoirs, BIG stiff springs, and then jump your car through the grass going to your work and do it rally style.

Mike, If you aren't going to push your car very hard, something like the Koni yellows won't do you much good in the comfort category. On the very softest setting (for me) it's just soft enough to NOT make you want to puke if you happen to be feeling bad that day. If I kept them all the way firm all the time, I'd be talking to the dinosaurs more often. *BWRAAAAAAAAaaaaa* The Koni / Neuspeed setup can take a serious beating but I think you'll be able to find better ride quality with a lower ride height for less money.
                        I agree with William, Mike. Most full coilover setups out there are even stiffer than the super cup kit too, which is why I tried to steer you away from those.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                          See, I think the price difference between the STR.t and the AGX isn't worth it. I would do STR.t personally....don't forget the lifetime warranty. To me, if you're spending 400 for AGX's, spend the extra 100 and get Yellow SP3's.
                          I was thinking about that on the way home actually, lol. Koni, be it the STR.T or the Yellow would be the best, due to the warranty. I just need to pick which one.

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
                          Not sure what you meant by the dinosuar comment, lol, but i got ya. Im looking at spring/shock combos now. I was trying to choose between the Yellow and the STR.T but with my uses and needs, i think the STR.T would be the best bet.

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                          I agree with William, Mike. Most full coilover setups out there are even stiffer than the super cup kit too, which is why I tried to steer you away from those.
                          Which is why im now looking at spring/shock combos! Lol.

So i guess ill go with the STR.T. Its not adjustable, but i think i'll learn to like it.

Now i just need to pick a spring. Even on GCs or even the Sprints, i wonder how low i can go when paired with the STR.T. Adam, like i said, youre at 2.7/2.5. Id like to be able to go that low, if not lower than that, with the STR.T and eithe GCs, Sprint Blues or the Neuspeed Races.

Comment

I have koni yellows and neuspeed springs on mine it rides rough as hell...of course nicole had them on there, I may add it rides kinda bouncy (or it least it feels that way). For comfort (and again I am not sure, I am still learning) but the set up I have I don't think you would want...just my 2 cents
                            The CB7 Collector.
                            Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                            92 LX Coupe F22A1
                            2013 Toyota Corolla S
                            92 EX Sedan F22A1
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Well, im still going Koni, just not the Yellow.

Im trying to decide now between either Ground Controls, Neuspeed Races or Sprint Blues.

Comment

Well, im still going Koni, just not the Yellow.

Im trying to decide now between either Ground Controls, Neuspeed Races or Sprint Blues.
                                Out of all those, GCs will go lowest, obviously, but will ride as stiff as the neuspeed race, unless you specify a softer rate. The sprint blues will have the softest ride.

Comment

Working...
                                X