No announcement yet.

jdm92_accorn : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes indeed it sounds lovely man. wish mine sounded that good. lol.

Comment

im sure it does bro. i found out a problem with her today tho, it has a massive vacuum leak. the upper manifold gasket is shot on both sides of the iab plate. enough of one the map is reading way wrong. i should have it fixed soon.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
        im sure it does bro. i found out a problem with her today tho, it has a massive vacuum leak. the upper manifold gasket is shot on both sides of the iab plate. enough of one the map is reading way wrong. i should have it fixed soon.
        that must suck man. go ahead and fix it man. it souldn't take no more than like 30min of work to replace the gasket. do it tomorrow. lol.

Comment

This thread is interesting make me wanna do a f22 na build great numbers u put down on the dyno

Comment

as silly as it sounds this might explain some power loss. if the vacuum leak is causing the map to read wrong it wont be able to function properly. i think it should atleast be over the 180whp mark. once i get this fixed im planning to save $ for a run on another dyno.

Comment

as silly as it sounds this might explain some power loss. if the vacuum leak is causing the map to read wrong it wont be able to function properly. i think it should atleast be over the 180whp mark. once i get this fixed im planning to save $ for a run on another dyno.
              Get that blue shit man... I forget what it's called... maybe Liquid Gasket? Shit works

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i know this sounds crazy but i think the blacktrax spacer is melting. every time the engine bay gets hot i check the intake mani bolts and they're loose. i know they're not vibrating loose. its got to be the spacer. hopefully tomorrow when i remove it and run just the iab spacer plate performance wont die off too much.

Comment

its official, i pulled out the spacer, it melted.

Comment

good job man. figured that would be the problem. glad you found out tho.

Comment

I have this same spacer...makes me wonder if mine's doing the same thing. I have some idle issues due to a vacuum leak I've been unable to locate. Hmm...

I hope you get everything taken care of and make alot more power!
                      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Good find man, good luck

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Another mrt I just stumbled upon and I'm impressed!

The build is very detailed and gains are exceptional especially for a f22.

Now that the blacktrax melted (which is messed up!) Maybe you should just double stack it with the oem spacer but butterflies removed.

Keep up the updates and good pics!

Comment

i think thats what i plan on. im thinking about maybe triple stacking and see if there is a gain. i know i got to do something about the under hood heat tho. im not positive but i think it was vapor locking this friday. it was 86+ degrees at night and the next day it was about 90+ and it acted like it couldnt get gas. the pump kicks on and runs strong and everything seems to be working properly. plus the fact that later that night after the temp dropped to below 80 it ran great. and this morning when i drove it to work everything worked fine.

Comment

thats terrible to hear that the blacktrax spacer melted. I hope you can get some sort of refund because it claims to be constructed of a high heat resistant polymer.

Comment

Stacking runners would only add runner length which would add to your low end and kill your top end

If you stack em hog the runner ports out so it's just a plenum extender

Comment

Working...
                                X