Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disassembling the wagon to get it ready to sell. I saw that image on Flickr earlier today and absolutely love it. Just the perfect amount of flare and plenty of emotion in it.

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

thanks man... time for that new project u mentioned a while back?

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

I've been looking for EK's but it's hard to find something nearby or nice enough to travel to get. I have other options I'm working on but that will definitely be something in the future I will get into.

A little more on topic, the business of photography is all about who you know. You can be a middle of the road photographer (like me) and if you know the right people you can get your photos used in pretty high places. Two classmates of mine graduated and are working at Men's Journal and Country Living this summer up in NYC. They've had a few assignments in the Southeast area they've needed shots for so they hit me up!

Nothing groundbreaking, but when it comes to general assignment shots, you want to get the message across. Here are some shots from Nashville they they wanted for a travel section in Men's Journal. Like I said, nothing spectacular but it highlights places people visiting Nashville might want to see.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tnwagn/...7626729797217/

Comment

some pictures from ECHM...

http://flickr.com/lsngregg

Comment

I really like that last one, it works well with the body shape of the s2000

Comment

a lot of people like that one. I have another angle showing the hard top and ccw classics its dumped on. but people have preferred this shot better.

Comment

Saturday night, i got the chance to shoot Minitruckin Magazine's Truck of the Year, a 94 Tacoma called Straight Outta Hell. it was actually just a random thing, i had my lighting and camera gear and passed by it at a pizza hut in Rolla, MO, so I stopped in and offered the owner a photoshoot. here's what i came up with, I believe its my best automotive photography work to date by far!

Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 06-13-2011, 05:27 PM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I really like the interior shot.

On the exterior shots, you are having a bit of fall-off on the tops and edges of the vehicle. This is probably due to a limited number of lights, which is totally understandable. If that's the case, you can always setup and do multiple exposures, moving the flash to get full coverage, and patch them up in post.

You said it was spur of the moment though and the shots are pretty good so I'd say all in you you did a good job given the circumstances.

Comment

i like! good work man.

The Chronicles.

Comment

What do you guys use for lighting? I thinking of picking up some flashes and
                      lights but I don't really know what is out there. I shoot with a D40.

DSC_1527npb by NButtz, on Flickr

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

I have a single SB-600 and a wireless system to get the flash off camera. It gets the job done and you can always work magic in post-production to get by with 1 flash.

Comment

cuz flashes get expensive quick!

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                            cuz flashes get expensive quick!
                            That they do, even if you use cheap chinese ones like me!

I personally use a pair of yongnuo yn-460II's, which are fully manual and are about 50 bucks shipped on amazon. I really like them, especially the price (planning on getting another pair actually), but they don't do ttl, so if thats what you need, look elsewhere

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by lsn92ex View Post
                              some pictures from ECHM...

http://flickr.com/lsngregg
                              Damn these are sooo clean and sharp

Comment

I use a Canon 430exI and a Vivitar 285HV. I'm about to pick up a new 430exII for a few upcoming weddings.

1999 Honda Prelude
                                Photography Site

Comment

Working...
                                X