Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
    thanks! thats from a party i shoot some mondays....
    What camera are you using?

Comment

canon 5d, 5dmkII, a 40d occasionally and a 1d sometimes...

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
        thanks! thats from a party i shoot some mondays....
        that's a party? shit, idk if i dont ever want to party there, or go every week!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

was/is ranked number 1 party in america... its from a burlesque performance during the night. u can see more on my website....

Dablackswan.com

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

Got some bday gifts the other day.

Softbox, Yongnuo 560II, and some other stuff.

Been playing around with off camera flash, it's quite fun, but very involved.

Here's some pics from the other day-

This was with 420ex on the hot shoe and the 560 on a cold shoe at camera left, about 1/4 power.
            All these pics were taken with a 28 2.8

Last edited by Ralphie; 04-20-2013, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Chuck's C5 ZO6 by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr
              Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 04-24-2013, 09:37 AM.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

two more from that set:

Chuck's C5 ZO6 by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr

Chuck's C5 ZO6 Rig by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr
                Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 04-24-2013, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Love that color blue ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                    Ok so since you turned me on to the strobist column, and part of what he emphasizes is trying to picture where light comes from and how it works-

Do you mind confirming my educated guesses?!?!

I believe to obtain the above shot, you had one flash at camera left and one at camera right?

The one on right had a harsher angle and slightly more power!?!

Thanks in advance. Im just trying to get some ideas burned into my head so I know what to look for when I get a chance to go out and shoot with off camera flash(which will probably be automotive first)

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                      Ok so since you turned me on to the strobist column, and part of what he emphasizes is trying to picture where light comes from and how it works-

Do you mind confirming my educated guesses?!?!

I believe to obtain the above shot, you had one flash at camera left and one at camera right?

The one on right had a harsher angle and slightly more power!?!

Thanks in advance. Im just trying to get some ideas burned into my head so I know what to look for when I get a chance to go out and shoot with off camera flash(which will probably be automotive first)
                      you pretty much nailed it! truth be told though, this picture was 3 put together, since I only had one flash trigger working at the time (I left them on and the batteries died). I shot a darker exposure to get the sky (it was still really bright at the time), then i shot separate shots for the left and right flashes, picking the best one of the each and layering them in photoshop. I did the same thing for the other static shot.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                        you pretty much nailed it! truth be told though, this picture was 3 put together, since I only had one flash trigger working at the time (I left them on and the batteries died). I shot a darker exposure to get the sky (it was still really bright at the time), then i shot separate shots for the left and right flashes, picking the best one of the each and layering them in photoshop. I did the same thing for the other static shot.
                        Really? Holy shit lol.

I mean I read the column so I guess it wasn't a total guess, but it's still cool nontheless.

Ya Ive had to merge pictures before to get good exposure, but I didn't have off camera flash involved.

Thanks again!

Basically im just trying to get some mental images going so when I go out and actually shoot a car for instance, I can refer back so I don't spend precious "ambient" light time working out kinks. I can setup faster and get the look I want quicker!

I don't mind experimenting but I kind of like to learn first and then experiement even though everything I know about Photoshop, I learned experimenting LOL.

Comment

Think of this way Raplhie ..

One flash is your main, the other is just fill.
                          In J's case, it kina sucks when batteries die, but merging layers to accomplish desired results, and achieving those result worked awesome.
                          They don't always. I use 3 lights, all use different settiings. It's simply a matter of trial & error.
                          I simply LOVE my Metz 60CT-4 lights, and my cyber/syncs!
                          Amazing consistantcy!

Comment

Another, scanned 6x7 neg. I love ny new scanner. Doing 6x6 and 6x7 negs are amazing me!

Comment

Ya so I was gifted a Tamron 85-210 f4.5 with Olympus mount.

Old and heavy, just the way I like it!

Ordering an EOS adapter along with some other goodies, like Yongnuo wireless triggers!

And Tommi-

Mate explain to me what's going on....you're scanning Negatives on the the PC right?

But don't negatives have to be developed?

Sorry for the newb q- I grew up in the Digital age.....I can tell you all about DAC(digital-Analog Conversion)

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post

And Tommi-

Mate explain to me what's going on....you're scanning Negatives on the the PC right?

But don't negatives have to be developed?

Sorry for the newb q- I grew up in the Digital age.....I can tell you all about DAC(digital-Analog Conversion)
                                Tomi*

These are 6x6 and 6x7 negs that are prolly older then most members here ..
                                The scanner that I'm using is the Epson 600. AMAZING results from negs that I haven't even seen in prolly 25 years!
                                With a lil dust spotting, color correction, and some other minor adjustments, I'm receiving incredible results.

Technology today is just blowing my mind. Makes me wonder what my studio of 26 years REALLY could have done, had I had the toys we have today.

And about your 85-210 .. you may find it a very slow lens. And yes, that biotch is heavy. lol!
                                Lenses today are much faster, lighter, and just all around better.
                                Some of the older 50's tho, yes, much, much faster!

This thing (below) is to have an orgasam over: Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/1.0! WoW
                                Leaf shutter lens ... then again, who has $8600.00 bucks for one of these babies!?
                                There' of course lenses that are even faster, and much more expensive.
                                It seems to be all about speed today. But 4.5 you may find a bit slower.
                                My Tokina 80-400 is 3.5, not much faster but 1 stop, could be a difference when needed.

Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 05-02-2013, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X